Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics EME real AI or just cheating ?

Rossma

I am nearing the end of my career in FMM2016 as i reach the year 2032 .

I don't claim to be any tactical genius or anything but generally come up with some decent tactics but with this version of the Game and EME engine it doesn't seem to matter what I do that the longest unbeaten run I've had with any team is about 12 games and as a result I've managed 1 league win , 2 promotions , one German cup win and 1 relegation in 16 seasons   , and there also seems a point that it doesn't seem to mater what I do but a seemingly unbeatable tactic suddenly becomes useless and you can't beat an egg.

The AI seemingly appears to have done nothing drastically different (apart from the infamous counter attacking 442) but suddenly just starts winning games against you even though the game stats are still in your favor . The 2 shots the opposition have on target both go in and your 12 + attempts can't even register a goal.

I know this happens in real life when you get teams parking the bus against superior opposition but not every game , and the only way I've found to get out of it is a change in tactics, which doesn't lend itself to any sustained success as by the time you sort this out enough results have gone against you to put paid to any title or promotion challenge.

1 hour ago, Alari said:

The EME doesn't include any sort of cheating.

The AI isn't very realistic then as i'm not talking about 1 off results I'm talking about a good tactic that suddenly stops winning games but still dominates stats , not just a one off park the bus result.

Edited by Rossma

Great results , but your obviously not an average Joe manager .

To enjoy the game we would all likes stats like yours , but just when you just think you've got it cracked and put together a decent run of results and then it stops for no apparent reason it kind of takes the fun out of the game. 

Its meant to be a pick up and play kind of game not one you need to analyze and keep changing (adapt) to every second of the game , I f I wanted that i'd play the PC version.

Please sort this out for FMM2017 , as well as inappropriate comments after games and feedback after player interactions , really annoying things that spoil a brilliant game.

3 minutes ago, Rossma said:

To enjoy the game we would all likes stats like yours , but just when you just think you've got it cracked and put together a decent run of results and then it stops for no apparent reason it kind of takes the fun out of the game. 

Its meant to be a pick up and play kind of game not one you need to analyze and keep changing (adapt) to every second of the game , I f I wanted that i'd play the PC version.

Please sort this out for FMM2017 , as well as inappropriate comments after games and feedback after player interactions , really annoying things that spoil a brilliant game.

Ah personally that's half the fun. looking and saying "what is going wrong? why doesn't my wonder tactic work in this league?"

I think the OME will have a more pick up and play feel to it than the EME though. There are of course many variables though and I can't claim to have those wonderful results in every career. my point was you can circumvent the game possibly "cheating" by doing some mid-match tinkering.

6 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

I agree with @kts365 on this point - apadt your tactic and read the section that Ozymandias made in the tactics forum. The AI is not to blame :)

Some of us don't want to adapt tactics every 5 minutes , like I said it should be a pick up and play game that your average player can enjoy.

The Ozymandias is an interesting read , but to be honest it is an unrealistic tactic , it should playable from defaults with just a few minor tweaks to suit the squad at your disposal.

9 minutes ago, Rossma said:

It's supposed to be pick up and play but it would be massively unrealistic if there was a one-size-fits-all solution that would win everything, and it would make the game very uninteresting in the long run. Last title I won I only shifted my pre-match tactics twice and made max one or two tactical changes per match unless forced by injury.

I agree with @kts365. I think the fun in the game comes from turning around bad results. I'm ten years into my save with just one title and two promotions. And although I'm currently fighting for a place in Europe, I've had to change my tactics in almost every season after a set of bad matches. 

31 minutes ago, Rossma said:

Some of us don't want to adapt tactics every 5 minutes , like I said it should be a pick up and play game that your average player can enjoy.

The Ozymandias is an interesting read , but to be honest it is an unrealistic tactic , it should playable from defaults with just a few minor tweaks to suit the squad at your disposal.

I dont know IF i misunderstood you, but Ozymandias "tactic" and read is exatcly plug and play when you get the hang of it, which is not difficult and it works in 89% of the leagues :)

17 hours ago, Alari said:

It's supposed to be pick up and play but it would be massively unrealistic if there was a one-size-fits-all solution that would win everything, and it would make the game very uninteresting in the long run. Last title I won I only shifted my pre-match tactics twice and made max one or two tactical changes per match unless forced by injury.

I like how you completely disregarded my question. Do you guys even acknowledge the '442 bug' as a bug or is that just how you guys perceive the future of football to pan out. Whatever. Classic SI...

2 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

I like how you completely disregarded my question. Do you guys even acknowledge the '442 bug' as a bug or is that just how you guys perceive the future of football to pan out. Whatever. Classic SI...

1. The 442 bug isn't 'cheating', it's just the AI being a bit dumb.

2. We have acknowledged this bug on many, many occasions in various threads. We don't tend to have time to answer questions we've already answered multiple times as this is our busiest time of the year.

10 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

1. The 442 bug isn't 'cheating', it's just the AI being a bit dumb.

2. We have acknowledged this bug on many, many occasions in various threads. We don't tend to have time to answer questions we've already answered multiple times as this is our busiest time of the year.

Maybe reference to the thread rather than completely not acknowledging me? Could make you guys seem a bit more respectful with your customers...

Anyways, to you guys it's just another complain from another customer

Have a great day :) 

Just now, AeroLAD said:

Maybe reference to the thread rather than completely not acknowledging me? Could make you guys seem a bit more respectful with your customers...

Anyways, to you guys it's just another complain from another customer

Have a great day :) 

As said before, we're incredibly busy and don't have time to rummage through old threads. Maybe a helpful user on Vibe can link you to it in a bit, or it might be in my post history.

I answered your question, it's not 'cheating' but the AI being dumb. I don't see any other question from you on this thread, please direct me to them if I missed something (I only skim through posts so I can get back to working on making the game as good as possible before release! ;)).

Thanks, you too. :)

9 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

As said before, we're incredibly busy and don't have time to rummage through old threads. Maybe a helpful user on Vibe can link you to it in a bit, or it might be in my post history.

I answered your question, it's not 'cheating' but the AI being dumb. I don't see any other question from you on this thread, please direct me to them if I missed something (I only skim through posts so I can get back to working on making the game as good as possible before release! ;)).

Thanks, you too. :)

Oh yes you better get back to that game so as to prevent other similar incidents of the AI being dumb. ;) 

Good luck! :D 

19 hours ago, kts365 said:

Ah personally that's half the fun. looking and saying "what is going wrong? why doesn't my wonder tactic work in this league?"

I think the OME will have a more pick up and play feel to it than the EME though. There are of course many variables though and I can't claim to have those wonderful results in every career. my point was you can circumvent the game possibly "cheating" by doing some mid-match tinkering.

Hi kts365 , the OME does' your correct as I play that on an old ipad , but tactics that work in OME don't necessarily work on the EME.  I don't want a tactic either that i can literally just hit the play button and be guaranteed success , and i accept the realism of a little bit of in game tinkering as if you say play balanced and are losing then switching to attacking to try and get a result is not unrealistic , completely changing formation and playing instructions to respond to every change the AI makes is. Also the other points I was trying to make was this 442 counter attacking formation seems to be pretty unbeatable , no matter what you try to do, especially if you are already behind in a game it only seems to make matters worse and that the AI on the surface hasn't dramatically changed its tactics against you and all of sudden it gets results against your once solid formation.

19 hours ago, AndersJ said:

I dont know IF i misunderstood you, but Ozymandias "tactic" and read is exactly plug and play when you get the hang of it, which is not difficult and it works in 89% of the leagues :)

Hi Anders 

I get what its saying , but think its a tad unrealistic, as is the formation Ozymandias uses . In football you would have your squad to a certain degree set up to play in a certain way for most of the time (you use a pretty much default tactic with some minor positional tweaks or not) , then make changes against certain opposition (i.e playing teams significantly better than you etc) in this case you would make changes. You would go into the match with a gameplan and play a certain way , yes you would make changes if your game plan is clearly not working  , but when the stats suggest it is but the results don't support it and the opposition muster 2 shots on goal and score twice it can get a bit frustrating.