Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Do You Discredit OME Achievements Compared to EME?

Ashez

Do You Discredit?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Discredit OME Achievements Compared to EME?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care, an achievement in FMM is an achievement

Just a simple question really which I'm after an answer to. Both engines are different and have their own appeals and draw backs but my question is do you value or discredit achievements based on the engine?

The OME seems to have a stigma of being easy while the EME is seen as somewhat difficult (for some reason). So is completing a challenge on the OME worthless compared to on the EME? Or is there still merit in OME players playing the challenges on Vibe? I know people can play them regardless and I encourage them to but to me personally IF there is a stigma attached to the OME I don't see the point. If it's not a level playing field due to personal preference (as that's what apparently the OME is now) or financial reasons or device we need to know. 

Personally I've never cared which engine a career I'm following is on and I'll take anything as an achievement on either engine. It's fair to say a EME 1kc would impress me slightly more but I know the pressure and challenges of the OME. To me it's about the journey and the end game is impressive regardless. 

IME it takes me a little longer to find the winning formula using the EME but a manager still needs to buy the right mix of players for the right tactics using the right match settings against the same opponents either way.

So I don't believe an achievement on one ME deserves more credit than the other.

Slightly biased but I voted No. Following EME careers where people explain their tactical set up, I don't buy into the EME being harder or more realistic. It's just different. 

12 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Slightly biased but I voted No. Following EME careers where people explain their tactical set up, I don't buy into the EME being harder or more realistic. It's just different. 

I agree with this, If you understand it the EME isn't that difficult, I'd argue results wise my EME results topple my OME results. The OME is grander and more fun/unrealistic while the EME is more ridged and less goal heavy. 

Last month or so I got these results on the EME with a brand new tactic which was just well thought out and understood. 

LFC:

S1 - League, Europa Legaue and FA Cup

S2 - League with one defeat, Champions League where we smashed Bayern without them having a shot on target and only having one at all and FA Cup. 

Napoli:

S1 - Lost league by a point (only 3 defeats) on the last day which happens on OME. I blame Higuain as he was awful as he didn't suit my tactic but that was the test to see what sort did. Juve were just monsterus as they finished on 92 while I had 91. As next season shows....

S2 - Won league with 2 defeats, 15 points clear. Also smashed City in Champions League final without them having a shot at all. 

Madrid:

S1 - Lost super cup but otherwise it was a clean sweep with again only one league defeat. 

Anderlecht:

S1 - Won league and Cup, only three defeats. 

I'd say I'd have a tougher time matching that on the OME. Granted the player stats aren't as impressive but that's due to how the engine is, team wise the engine is easy. 

The tactic isn't perfect as it draws too many but I feel a lot of the issues are out of my control, what I can control however is a doddle. Don't get me wrong I've had the odd bad season on the EME as well but I also have the on the OME. It's just all about understanding what makes it tick and what makes a tactic work. 

I built this tactic for an article as there is a reason behind it but I wanted to wait until 2017. If I get the game and once it's tested I'll post it with the long list of instructions needed to understand it. These extra issues and steps however aren't always that fun, especially when I genuinely don't see what's so special with the EME, it is full of issues and isn't as fun as the OME imho. The tactic testing is more fun in theory as you do have slightly more control but the EME is that inconsistent and fiddly it's not always worth the effort IMO.