Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

9 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I would recommend a fitness, attacking and motivational intense training to make him increase his fitness and attacking stats and the motivation should make him do it quickly. Good luck for the rest of the career and btw great season and KIU 

Thanks mate.

I'm not starting Season 3 until I have a plan for his fitness. It just needs to go up a bit otherwise I don't think I can reach the 1K.

It was I believe 14 at the start of the game. It's such a bummer if he needs a season-long fitness training just to remain 10 stamina.

At the moment I got 2 attack coaches, 1 motivational and 1 fitness.

Impressive season mate considering the issues you've come up against, btw loving the attention to detail in your post, keep up the good work I'll defo be following this one.

1 minute ago, Mikee1984 said:

Impressive season mate considering the issues you've come up against, btw loving the attention to detail in your post, keep up the good work I'll defo be following this one.

Thanks!

The goal/min. challenge should be OK ..eventually. The 1K one not so sure for obvious reasons.

Good season and steady improvement of goals but that stamina is a worry indeed.

I have never figured what the best plan is boost it up by much?

Another solid season BG. I always consider goals scored before the player is 20 years old as 'bonus goals' and the challenge really takes off after that age. 

Regarding the stamina issues. I did a 1k last year with a Ronaldo regen whos stamina was awful. Granted the Regen would have had more potential than your lad (I presume). My players stamina was a little worse hovering around 6/7 for most of the career. It was a challenge but I did it by the time he was 32/33, take into account I didn't seriously use him for a few seasons as I was maxing out the Benfica original squad until they all retired. 

Some things that helped me. 

Never played him more than 60 minutes if I wanted to use him in the next game (except weak cup teams)  

never took his fitness below 75% during a match so if at 50 minutes he was 75% he would come off then (thanks Ash)

If he scored 2 by half time I would sub him then. 

If I had a very weak team in the cup I would rest him the game before, play him for the whole cup game (maximise the goals) then rest him the game after. 

I never managed it but I would of liked to manage his country so I could rest him during international call ups. 

Get a gold fitness coach and use intense Attack and fitness, low motivation and zero everything else. 

Always check his personal tab for signs of Red messages saying 'slightly tired / jaded'. The goals soon dry up with those red messages. 

I Iknow you know all of this already but I found it made my challenge possible last year. 

@danovic78 thanks.

It's btw not the first time I happen to pick a 'low' stamina guy. ouch!

@billy2shots you make great points and your story with your low energy guy is re-assuring.

I'm always very careful with the amount of time I give him on the pitch to prevent injuries etc. And looking ahead on the fixture list and resting days inbetween games as well as those 'red texts' is also something I pay close attention to.

However, re the intensive training it's not something I'm very interested in, never have. But I think that's my only option if I am to conquer this challenge. Will look for the Gold coach and test his new training regime. Thanks for the tips.

Edited by BatiGoal

Season 3

Another season completed and another step closer to completing my 2 challenges. One's already close to completion (1goal/min. one) whereas the other's still pretty much in its early stages (the 1K one)

The biggest problem I was facing at the start of this season was getting my boy Villalibre in shape. His stamina has been an issue throughout his career bouncing up and down 9 and 12. I wasn't sure how to tackle this potential game-breaker but with the great advice I've received from you guys (thanks big!) I've put him on a permanent fitness regime in order to keep him on a steady 12 stamina. It's an intensive fitness + attacking and low tactical + motivational regime. Unfortunately it doesn't bump his stamina either as it remains the same number as it was when I bought him as a 17-year-old but it has helped me a lot.

He's still not able to play the full 90min. other than a handful games per season but mostly doing 60/75min to sometimes being subbed after just 45min. But it's a big improvement over last season so as long his energy levels don't drop from this point on I'm very optimistic about the 1K. Fingers crossed!

Now on to some of the goals Villalibre scored for the 1goal/min. challenge. Screenshots below.

Spoiler

84m.jpg

88m.jpg

80m.jpg

41m.jpg

30m.jpg

39m.jpg

31m.jpg

48m.jpg

34m.jpg

21m.jpg

5m.jpg

14m.jpg

6m.jpg

1m.jpg

9m.jpg

This wouldn't have been possible without the help of Villalibre's teammates so they deserve some credit too. Here's 3 of them that have been outstanding this season and will continue to play an important part of my Sevilla squad and these challenges.

1. John Brooks - rating 7.41

Brooksinfo.jpg

Brooksratingnew.jpg

Brooks has been a tremendous force in defense. Extremely reliable, fantastic tackling getting a few yellows but no sending offs yet coupled with a very consistent performance throughout the season. Great aerial and good pace too which is essential when going up against speedy opponents or when facing counter-attacks.

A rating of 7.41 is really good for a defender. For only 13M he's a bargain. He'll continue to be a wall in the defense in my Sevilla starting 11.

2. Ganso - rating 7.67

Gansoinfo.jpg

Gansorating.jpg

Ganso has been incredible. He was already part of the Sevilla squad when I took over and he fully deserves a mention. In his first two seasons I had to play him in midfield (CM) as I was short of quality midfielders which explains his lower ratings and assists in his first two seasons, but this season I played him in his favorite spot right behind Villalibre as an APM. 25 Assists is a good number and a very consistent performance from him as well. The rating of 7.67 says it all I think. He too will play an important role next season again.

3. Franco Vazquez - rating 7.77

Vasquezinfo.jpg

Vazquezratingnew.jpg

Vazquez has been brilliant in these 3 seasons with me and versatile too. He started as a fellow striker alongside Villalibre, moved a line back to provide assists when the game, opponent or (injuries/suspension) situation required and he just kept on delivering. A total of 50 goals and 48 assists during his spell with me is genius, especially considering the fact that he's basically been playing as a servant to Villalibre directing the game from the background while someone else takes all the credit. A 7.77 rating is worldclass.

This has led to a very good season for our main guy and of course for the 1K challenge. But we seek to do better and bigger as we go deeper into this career. The 70-goal mark is what we want but still out of reach for now. It's another 64 goals to add to the tally tho.

Villalibre64goals.jpg

And not a bad rating himself of 8.22 to go with it.

Best Game + Best Hat-Trick

ArsenalCLwin.jpg

The painful loss in the quarters last season can now be forgotten after a stunning Villalibre hat-trick on the night. The CL trophy is back in Seville.

La Liga Table

LaLiga2ndplace.jpg

Disappointing perhaps as I can't recall failing to retain a division title. But full credit to Barcelona for getting a whopping 91p. That's a really high number and eventho I improved upon last season (84p) we came 2p. short with 89p. Good to see other teams putting up a good fight though as it just makes for a more exciting campaign and I'm looking forward to go up against the big boys next year again.

Progress

DC176g.jpg

Cheers!

Season 4

(later..)

Edited by BatiGoal

Another great season there mate I see that he managed to play in 36 of your 38 league games which is great considering the stamina issues you've been having. Keep up the good work.

13 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Another great season there mate I see that he managed to play in 36 of your 38 league games which is great considering the stamina issues you've been having. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Mike.

I think his training as well as keeping a close eye on his fitness during games has resulted in a pretty much injury free season.

It's a fine line tho I don't wanna cross. Can't bring him off too soon as I need his goals but not to late either as he'll pick up injuries and could be out for months. A challenge in itself but I learn from it.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. Villalibre is looking good and goal a minute is looking good. KIU

Thanks mate. He only scored his first hat-trick (out of just 2) towards the end of his latest season. They're coming a little easier and more frequent now as he matures as a striker.

1 hour ago, Joewins said:

Great going. KIU!

Brilliant to Ganso in the thick of it too after a few years in the wilderness.

Yes he's awesome. Perhaps not the prettiest numbers, still good greens in the right places, but he's super reliable and consistent. Maybe it has also to do with his age.

Cheers!

Wow you're pretty good with this game! Can you give us some tips and tricks :P 

Also, amazing career! Really can't wait for the next season :D

Only 12 goals remaining makes it seem close but get ready for the pain! Expect seasons where you only hit 1 or 2 needed minutes. 

This is where the fun begins!!

4 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

Wow you're pretty good with this game! Can you give us some tips and tricks :P 

Also, amazing career! Really can't wait for the next season :D

Thanks, glad you like it.

I finished second behind Barca this season so I'm not that great :)

I described how I go about it creating my tactics (in the first two seasons - posted screenshots), the players I got and why those in particular. Some of those things might be useful for some of the readers here. I certainly hope so.

3 hours ago, PriZe said:

Great going so far m8! Hope stamina won't bite you in the butt. Smashing the goal a minute!!!

Thanks man. The goal/min was a headache at first sorting and posting loads of screenshots but it becomes more fun towards the end when there's just a handful remaining.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Only 12 goals remaining makes it seem close but get ready for the pain! Expect seasons where you only hit 1 or 2 needed minutes. 

This is where the fun begins!!

True.

I know it's going to be painful but also fun looking and hoping they fall on that exact minute, hehe.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

This is ticking along rather quickly, that stamina has me worried though :/. 

You know Ashez, isn't stamina supposed to go up during players' younger years???

I think I remember kids starting with low numbers (also stamina) and gradually reach those pretty green digits.

It is indeed worrying that he started out with 12 stamina at 17yo and now going to be 21yo and still just 12. Odd.

I definitely know better for future challenges and hope the readers here learn from my mistakes.

Not want to kill your hopes, but dybala at 15 stamina can only just manage 75 ish minutes. He is now 17 and he finally can play 90th min. 

Think something might be off with the poacher role in the engine. There condition drops almost as hard as other striker roles who do loads of work more.

@PriZe

I found myself using Trequartista quite a lot since they do little to no defending and seem to last a few minutes longer on the pitch.

Poacher role hasn't really worked for me either yet. Certainly less effective compared to last year.

Season 4

I'm only one match away from finishing this season (a full update tomorrow) and I can already tell you that it's been a rollercoaster season filled with injuries as well as goals despite of that. But there's this bug that completely caught me off guard.

I've saved my boy Villalibre for this match. He's in bloody topform at the moment (coming off back-to-back hat-tricks) and I rested him leading up to the biggest game against our biggest rivals Barcelona for the Champions League final. The day arrives...... 8 key players away on int. duty. Barcelona are missing 2 starters.

Oh man!! He missed plenty of games already and now another one. Such a bummer. I really don't want to play this game as there's not a lot of squadplayers left to work with and I was hoping to see Villalibre add a goal or two to his tally and the 1K challenge.

Hmmm....I'll just send these leftovers out on the pitch with the message to enjoy themselves.

:) Anyways, I might as well have a bit of fun with it. :)

Please leave a comment with your prediction of the CL-final score

CLfinal8missing.jpg

Champions League Final, 30th May 2020, (Old Trafford) Manchester

- Sevilla  Vs. Barcelona -

Screenshot_20161127-235812.jpg

Please leave a comment with your prediction

:D

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

WTF?

I posted Season 4 last night..where did it go?????

Yeah, I lost 3 posts overnight too. I guess there was a problem with the site. It sucks it happened to you too, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...

9 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, I lost 3 posts overnight too. I guess there was a problem with the site. It sucks it happened to you too, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...

Well..since my long update vanished I'll post a shorter version below.

Season 4

He scored a lot.

Cheers!

Since all stats are frozen in Season 5, he's scored a couple of goals already but the numbers aren't being updated anymore (bug) I'm putting this career on hold until bugs are crushed. No update either of course. Thanks for reading and the comments everyone.

Later.

@scratch99

Thanks for link mate, appreciate it. Did the update, played a couple games but bug persists.

I'll repost the actual update again tonight and then put this career on hold till issues are resolved.

@BatiGoal This happened to me, played a couple more games and then the 'process club finances' etc message flashed up around the end of September and the stats started updating again.

It just seems to take longer for the season stats to update, but it does eventually work.

Edited by samhardy