Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

Season 4

Another season and another step closer to the chequered flag.

The start of the season was pretty good with the entire squad fully fit and no injuries to report. As for transfer news, since my assist king Ganso hit 30yo and no top replacements/subs with the same quality I decided to snatch Oliver away from rivals Atletico. Oliver is a worldclass APM with 20's in creativity, decisions and passing among others. He's young and will be a great asset to this Sevilla team. He'll eventually be Ganso's permanent replacement and be Villalibre's main provider.

Let's go right to it then.. screenshots below re the goal a minute challenge.

Villalibre got another 4 minutes which leaves us with just 8 remaining number on the clock. It's getting close but it's becoming harder and harder to hit the right numbers. It's a marathon and not a sprint so we're ahead of schedule.

Spoiler

11m.jpg

10m.jpg

72m.jpg

37m.jpg

There was a bit of bad news to report too. I knew it was just going to be a matter of time before our boy picked up an injury. It wasn't a season-ending one fortunately but it was still a good 10-12 games it's cost him. Not to mention the games it took him to regain his form.

Anyways, it's all part of the challenge so nothing new to you guys as most of you have been thru the same.

avinjury.jpg

Sweet win over one of our rivals but I paid for it with an injury to my striker.

- Out For 2 Months -

He was in excellent hands, medical team did their job and he was back onto the pitch in 2020.

A Hat-Trick on New Year's Day

Asierhat1.jpg

And his 2nd one of the season

Asierhat2.jpg

Despite the injuries it was a good season. He's maturing as a striker now being 22yo and more experienced he's becoming more prolific. I usually start to hit it big once I enter my 4/5th season as everything starts to 'click'. Tactics are getting more effective, I know the players well and what their best roles are, basically all the boys on my shortlist are in my squad by now. So the perfect circumstances for Villalibre to hit it big and excel in the seasons to come. I'll do my best to better his goal tally every season.

I think I played Barcelona 6-7 times this season in all competitions (Spanish Cup, Super Cups, CL) and the league. Good encounters and usually exciting games but the scoreline wasn't what the fans usually get to see. Two boring but important wins for Sevilla.

scs1ob.jpg

Coppa Del Rey winners.

cls10b.jpg

Champions League win.

@billy2shots wrong scoreline but you predicted a win over 90min. Congrats! And thanks for having more faith than I did in my B team. And thanks also to all the other participants and their predictions, all two of you. Cheers!

La Liga

laliga94p.jpg

Finally a comprehensive win in La Liga. The title is back in Seville.

Barcelona have been my fiercest and only rivals during these past seasons. The two Madrid teams have been quite disappointing till now. I'm eagerly awaiting their revival to increase the excitement in this 2-horse race.

Villalibre's Goals

season461g.jpg

Despite hitting the net fewer times compared to last season it's a better goal/game ratio. A shame he couldn't play the CL final due to that int. duty bug but these 61 goals bring us a little closer to the magical 1000.

We're now on 237/1000 goals. And counting..

Perhaps I was a little uncareful keeping him for too long on the pitch so I'm partly to blame. But it's difficult to find the right balance sometimes. I need his goals but due to his low stamina it's a challenge to give him enough min. for goals without risking injuries in the process. Anyways, I'm satisfied and raring to hit it bigger in Season 5.

Progress

DC237g.jpg

Cheers!

Season 5

(later..)

13 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Very nice season and hopefully the stats bug sorts itself out for you.

Thanks, mate.

Played past September in the current 5th season and the stats came back online. All sorted and glad to be back on track.

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Very consistent mate :) 

I'm hoping to break that consistency next season :) Got a fine-tuned tactic atm..looking very good so far.

Just started reading this.You're doing good so far.I think that you're definetly hitting 1k in this challenge despite the stamina.Good luck!

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate. You might want to get him free scoring though because he is 4 seasons in and not even a quarter of the way there. KIU

Two main reasons. His tender age and his low stamina. I got a grip on the latter with a good training regime to keep it stable and know exactly how much game time I can give him. And he was a teen when I started. He's the perfect age now and should deliver in the coming seasons.

2 hours ago, farik23 said:

Just started reading this.You're doing good so far.I think that you're definetly hitting 1k in this challenge despite the stamina.Good luck!

Thanks. I'll do my best.

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

I predict 70 goals next season! KIU m8

I'm slightly ahead of the 70-goal mark schedule at the moment.

2 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Good going, 70 plus is what is needed I think too. I guess the temptation is to keep him longer in matches for those extra goals.

Thanks, temptation's always there but we gotta play smart sometimes. I've learned a lot from my past mistakes.

37 minutes ago, Joewins said:

It's just a small increase to reach 70+ which should come naturally, considering the game time he's on you're getting fantastic return. KIU!

My thoughts exactly, thanks mate.

70 goals seems to be a popular prediction for the next season and it's a good shout. Injuries dependant I think 70 odd goals will be a good return and will really eat into the total. 

Only 4 new minutes hit! I remember the agony. Nothing better than hitting a new minute is there. 

4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

70 goals seems to be a popular prediction for the next season and it's a good shout. Injuries dependant I think 70 odd goals will be a good return and will really eat into the total. 

Only 4 new minutes hit! I remember the agony. Nothing better than hitting a new minute is there. 

True. Haven't hit a new minute yet mid-season. He actually missed a penalty on one of them :O

3 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Great career so far @BatiGoal

Doing a great job of conserving his health but still scoring plenty.

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Thanks mate. Unlike previous seasons his stamina's been stable this year on 12.

Season 5

Without a doubt my best season yet. Players do exactly as I say, no significant injuries or suspensions, stable stamina, perfectly balanced amount of gametime for plenty of goals without risking injuries. Couldn't have been better re the 1K challenge. The 1 goal/min challenge wasn't great tbh as we hit just 1 number this season. Just the 1. So there's still 7 remaining. Slow progress there.

1 goal/minute challenge screenshots below. Only one. 76th min.

Spoiler

76min.jpg

The Man

2021asier.png

This is Asier at the end of the season. He's remained the same the entire season on his att./fitness regime in order to keep that stamina on a stable 12. Shooting is still a good 19, movement and decisions still high, good pace, so no need to change anything. If these number stay for another 10 seasons like this it'll be in the bag soon enough.

Two biggest games of the season

AtleticoCDRloss.png

Fantastic game for the fans. A terrible one for me. 2 goals for Villalibre which is more important than anything. But I don't like losing. I was preparing my tactics and subs for E.T. until we conceded that late goal. Next year another go.

ManCitywin.png

Very glad we got this one as it gives us two extra games next season for the Club W'ships. Man City totally outplayed btw. Absolutely zilch opportunity here. There was only one team that came to play. Sevilla.

Invincibles

Ligaseason5win.png

Finally an 'invincible' season. Haven't had too many of these. Feels rather good. Champions Sevilla!!!

Goooooaaaaals

goalsgalore.png

Goals and more goals. As you can see I still need to sub him quite regularly and he missed a couple of games due to tiredness, but when he's on the pitch he explodes. Very few hat-tricks again but enough double-hitters which add up nicely.

+76

season5goals76.png

He was on fire netting 76x which brings us a big step closer to 1000 goals. He's got 322 but -9 from his Bilbao time gets us after 5 seasons on 313 goals. And the best is yet to come. Can't wait to start season 6. I think I'll need to buy 2 players to rejuvenate the squad but other than that we're ready to continue where we left of.

Progress

DC313g.png

Cheers!

Season 6

(later..)

Omg wow. You're on EME right? Have you changed your tactics? Do you alternate tactics mid-game? Also, mate, seriously consider making a guide or tips and tricks article or maybe even a video! I would definitely not hesitate in subscribing to your channel, had you had one. Keep it up, this is the only challenge I frequent :D 

33 minutes ago, AeroLAD said:

Omg wow. You're on EME right? Have you changed your tactics? Do you alternate tactics mid-game? Also, mate, seriously consider making a guide or tips and tricks article or maybe even a video! I would definitely not hesitate in subscribing to your channel, had you had one. Keep it up, this is the only challenge I frequent :D 

Thanks, mate. Yes, EME.

I have tweaked a few things but still the formations I posted in Season 2 (I believe) Home/Away/Alternative. Once I get things working properly by the time I'm in 4th / 5th season I buy the best players for each position. And yes sometimes I do change tactics mid-game if I have trouble scoring. Mind you it doesn't always work, I lose enough games too but this was an exceptional season for me.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, mate. Yes, EME.

I have tweaked a few things but still the formations I posted in Season 2 (I believe) Home/Away/Alternative. Once I get things working properly by the time I'm in 4th / 5th season I buy the best players for each position. And yes sometimes I do change tactics mid-game if I have trouble scoring. Mind you it doesn't always work, I lose enough games too but this was an exceptional season for me.

Oh you make me wanna start my own challenge ;) 

Can't wait for the next update!

Season 6

After doing a bit of testing with a 1-2-7 formation I modified a few things, tweaked player roles, tested players in proper positions and finally came up with the following formation for the season and probably for the remainder of this 1goal/min + 1k challenge.

Formation: 2-2-1-5

season6form2215.png

Looks terrible. Well, it isn't. It works.

In order to make it really work I had to buy top players for every position otherwise I'd conceed too many goals at the back and score too few up front. The objective was to score goals and not necessarily win every game. So in came Berardi, Barbosa and Martial up front. Sanches strengthened midfield and a new super formation was born.

The most positive about this new formation was that Villalibre is now able to play a lot more full games, this wasn't the case with previous formations due to his low stamina. Downside is that he shares the goals with his 4 fellow strikers but it makes managing him and this career a lot easier. So perhaps a slight decline in goals for him this season but I'll continue tweaking this to up his game every season.

127 goals

LaLiga127g.png

Altho we are invincibles no longer we scored a good 127 goals in the league alone. Hopefully more in season 7.

69 goals

Libregoals69.png

Asier got 69. Still decent but as you see he did more for the team too chipping in with more assists. As long as he stays near the 70 goals mark he'll be fine. Lots of games, few injuries. Good ratings. I have no complaints.

His total for the 1K challenge is now 391-9=382 goals. Haven't reached midpoint yet but we're closing in.

He score two numbers for the 1goal/min. challenge. One is posted below (83min.), the other will follow later (56min.). There now just 5 numbers remaining for this challenge. We're really close to completing this one. Perhaps next season.

Spoiler

83min.jpg

What follows next is goals and more goals!

4 Goals

4goals3.png

4goals5.png

4goals2.png

4goals1.png

4goals12.png

4goals4.png

4goals7.png

4goals6.png

4goals8.png

4goals11.png

4goals10.png

4goals9.png

5 Goals

5goals2.png

5goals3.png

5goals1.png

5goals4.png

6 Goals

6goals1.png

6goals2.png

6goals3.png

7 Goals

7goals1.png

These were the better games we had. Of course we had some draws and losses along the way too but goal-wise it's been very enjoyable for the fans as well as for me. I used my savings this season for the 3 strikers I bought and the 1 midfielder. For next season I may need an additional striker as playing 5 forwards requires at least 3 good forward back-ups in order to deal with injuries, suspensions and many games throughout the season. So with the budget I receive for the coming season I'll have to do some shopping in the transfer window for quality additions. That's the fun part tho. Bring season 7!!

Progress

DC382g.png

Cheers!

Season 7

(later..)

Edited by BatiGoal
10 minutes ago, Joewins said:

That formation is crazy, nice work figuring out how to get it going. I think you're gonna be the first to 1k no doubt.

Interesting thing is that it's just a matter of a few tweaks to make it either absolutely terrible or pretty damn good. There's still this fear of getting long-term injuries and early retirement once he hits 30 so I gotta make sure I stay well above 50 goals in the next 7-8 seasons.

Wow - that's impressive! I was thinking of moving to two strikers in my own 1K challenge, but five! I'd say "that's crazy" but it's obviously not... :)

Looking like Asier's going to make it comfortably. Can wait to see what happens in season 7.

35 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Wow - that's impressive! I was thinking of moving to two strikers in my own 1K challenge, but five! I'd say "that's crazy" but it's obviously not... :)

Looking like Asier's going to make it comfortably. Can wait to see what happens in season 7.

Thing is that if you score 3-4 goals per game your main guy usually gets at least one of them. And sometimes a brace and the odd hattrick, especially when you rest him for an 'easy' Cup game for example.

What also helped improve my game to make it more consistent is selecting a CM (DLP) as 'primary outlet' instead of a player that's further upfield such as an AMC or Winger. Maybe try it out.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thing is that if you score 3-4 goals per game your main guy usually gets at least one of them. And sometimes a brace and the odd hattrick, especially when you rest him for an 'easy' Cup game for example.

What also helped improve my game to make it more consistent is selecting a CM (DLP) as 'primary outlet' instead of a player that's further upfield such as an AMC or Winger. Maybe try it out.

Yeah, I see the logic and will probably experiment with more than one striker when my current tactic dries up. And I'll give the DLP as primary outlet a go as well - at the moment, I've left that empty. Thanks!

Season 7

Pretty good season. Let's get right to it then.

Tactics + Roles

formplusassists.png

I'm sticking with my 2-2-1-5 formation as the goals keep pouring in at both ends but still outscoring my opponents more often than not. I placed the assists stats next to the formation so you can see where most assists are coming from. The forward line are providing most of them for Poacher Asier and a fair amount from midfield as well. These are the individual stats though which doesn't take into account how often a particular player has been subbed etc so I think it's better to look at how many assists specific positions provided. (starters +sub) Over the entire season I made pretty much the same subs so altho the number won't be 100% accurate it's still a much clearer reflection.

• IF's provided 52 assists
  • FC's provided 65 assists
  • Midf. provided 52 assists

Those are good numbers for a player whose aim is to score goals. 1000 of them. That's the advantage of playing a formation like this one but as I've said before it comes with the odd humiliation like the following two painful losses.

Liverpool Loss

53loss2.png

Madrid Migraine

53loss1.png

Despite these losses the goals kept coming in so it's not entirely doom and gloom.

We scored the exact same amount of goals in La Liga this season as the previous campaign. I was hoping to improve on that number but it's another 127 of them this year. Next year I want more goals. 130+ should be attainable.

season7127g.png

We've had draws and losses. Now the wins. Here's the better of the pack.

x5

5goalfest5.png

5goalfest7.png

5goalfest6.png

5goalfest3.png

5goalfest2.png

5goalfest4.png

5goalfest1.png

x6

6goalfest3.png

6goalfest1.png

6goalfest2.png

x7

7goalfest2.png

7goalfest1.png

All these goals and just 3 numbers for the 1goal/min. challenge. Since there were only 5 left I'll happily take it. Villalibre hit 18, 27 and 46th minutes which leaves us with only 2 remaining for this challenge. I hope to wrap it up next season. We're very close!

Spoiler

18min.jpg

27min.jpg

46min.jpg

Almost halfway the 1K challenge after 7 seasons. I think we're right on schedule with this one. I gave myself approx. 15-16 seasons and we're on course. Let's hope the next handful of seasons go just as well as the previous ones.

Asier's Goals

AsierVgoals74.png

I'm still hoping to reach that 80-goal mark one day. Maybe next season? With a few additions, a few better subs, some tweaks, some young talents and of course some good fortune and it's right within our grasp.

He got a well-earned 74 goals for the season and a total of 465 goals in his career. If we subtract 9 from his Bilbao time we come to a respectable 456 goals under my guidance. If things go well we'll reach midpoint of the 1K challenge in season 8. Can't wait!

Progress

DC456g.png

cheers!

Season 8

(later..)