Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1000 goals - Villalibre

BatiGoal

@DanielPatchettFM

I'm currently looking at improving Head-To-Head based challenges and a "forgotten" H2H Challenge Cup for all the Vibers here. I think my next move will be joining some sort of H2H Cup or Face-Off with anyone who isn't afraid of a little competition :)

12 minutes ago, Hodael said:

Hey man, got to say, I read the whole thing and I loved it.

Many thanks! Appreciate your kind words.

46 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@DanielPatchettFM

I'm currently looking at improving Head-To-Head based challenges and a "forgotten" H2H Challenge Cup for all the Vibers here. I think my next move will be joining some sort of H2H Cup or Face-Off with anyone who isn't afraid of a little competition :)

Dude you set up a challenge and I'd be happy to take part in a little H2H (maybe not with the TKO though as Swansea are currently getting slaughtered lol)

11 hours ago, Taff said:

Dude you set up a challenge and I'd be happy to take part in a little H2H (maybe not with the TKO though as Swansea are currently getting slaughtered lol)

:):)

Swansea getting slaughtered? Isn't that the managers fault? :P

Hi guys, Asier Villalibre is BACK!!

Well, not really, this challenge has been completed but I decided to play on until he retires and want to post the results in here for a future reference.

Two reasons actually, I want to score as many goals beyond the 1K as possible with him but more importantly, I need to learn about attribute deterioration or "players retirement" for some of the future challenges I have in mind. So with that this career ends when Asier Villalibre drops dead. For now he lives on and so does this career..

Villalibre at the start of 2032-33 season

AVstartS17.png

Pretty OK for a 34yo tbf.

Villalibre at the end of 2032-33 season

AVendS17.png

Technical Attributes:

• Crossing: -2
  • Dribbling: -1
  • Passing: -1
  • Technique: +2

Mental Attributes:

• Creativity: -1
  • Movement: -1
  • Teamwork: +2

Physical Attributes:

• Pace: -2
  • Stamina: -1
  • Strength: -1

The guy is a year older so not entirely surprising. Fair drops I'd say and if he keeps training on a slightly lighter training schedule next season coupled with regular playing time I think he'd do OK for a then 36 yo. Looks realistic to me so far.

New Goal Tally

AV1047gls.png

For the record, he scored another 30 goals which brings him to 1047 goals under my management now..and counting till the lights go out !

:)

24 minutes ago, veerus said:

What training regime do you have him on?

AVTregimenew.png

He's started to voice his complaints a few weeks after his 35th b-day. Probably too intensive for a man his age. 9ip is high so I'll need to tone it down to 8ip. Also a single intensive unit is more appropriate for him now thinking of dropping attacking to medium. And leaving fitness on intensive as those physical attr. are becoming increasingly important now.

Amazing ☺

I fee l jealous,no matter how hard i try i barely complete 2 season & making one player score that much seems impossible to me

Any tips how and what should i do while trying 1k challenge.

10 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Amazing ☺

I fee l jealous,no matter how hard i try i barely complete 2 season & making one player score that much seems impossible to me

Any tips how and what should i do while trying 1k challenge.

The obvious to go for tactics are formations with a lone striker up front since the idea is to have him score all the goals. 

As for tips, maybe obvious but here it goes:

• Pick a striker who is young enough to last at least 15 seasons. Maybe you complete it sooner but you don't want to be pressed for time.
  • Pick a player who excels at what he does. The better he can act out his role the better his overall performance of course, and goals.
  • Make sure you start the challenge with a team you know well and a formation/tactic that works very well for them. 
  • Build a worldclass squad (team and subs) around your 1K man. The better his team the fewer "side" duties your striker needs to waste time and energy on such as some defensive work, win the ball back etc. And the better your creators in the team the more and better chances he'll get.
  • Think offensive. Scoring goals is your main objective. Think about that during games and when setting up tactics. Like my tactics, they're not waterproof at the back as I don't get a lot of clean sheets, but when in possession we create tonnes of chances for the striker. Tho when losing possession we're in trouble. For the 1K challenge it's better to lose 2-3 and get a goal than getting 1 point for a goalless draw.
  • Your striker needs to be taking the penalties obviously and for free kicks.. Analyze say your first 20 games and see where you're getting most of your free kicks (this depends largely on the type of style you're playing -to a lesser extent on the opponent-) close to the box, it's your striker's, too far out let him go for the second ball, headers, rebounds and such.
  • Plan ahead. Look at your fixture list and make a mental note of easy games to come. When you're involved in all competitions there's little rest inbetween games, so you'll need to keep a close eye on his fitness. Sub him off early if the next game is against a weak opponent. He'll score more goals when fully rested especially vs small teams.
  • Be patient, very patient. It's a long road :)

Details. They are the difference at this level and they decide whether your attempt at scoring 1000 goals is going to be a success or a failure.

Just keep testing and trying and never give up. Every failed attempt is a learning experience which will ultimately bring you to your goal.

Welcome back Asier Villalibre. Your fans love having you back!

Also, I'm very glad to see how you do in your twilight years, as I have a friend facing the same challenges. Best of luck mate! :)

14 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Welcome back Asier Villalibre. Your fans love having you back!

Also, I'm very glad to see how you do in your twilight years, as I have a friend facing the same challenges. Best of luck mate! :)

Thanks mate, Can't wait to see Armstrong join the 1K club and have a sit-down with Asier for a beer and a looong chat :)

3 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Thanks  for those tips @BatiGoal .

Is it compulsory to have own tactic?? 

Welcome and yes, the rules state that you need to play your own tactics. In any case, no one would want to achieve anything with another person's work.

To illustrate an earlier point re creating chances and playing over 15 seasons with a by now worldclass and fine-tuned team around Villalibre. Here's two games, a home and an away one, vs worldclass opposition.

Juvesmash.png

Not necessarily the shots on target because those are partly from my IFs shooting from distance as well. But 5 clear but chances vs any decent side in an away game is good let alone a top side in Juventus. Imagine how many chances we create vs weaker opposition. Especially those weaker sides demand exploiting ;)

ATMsmash.png

Atletico destroyed. Overpowered by many miles and 13 clear cut chances is a huge amount. You would say 5 goals isn't enough then and you're perhaps right. Villalibre was approaching his 35th b-day tho and clearly not worldclass anymore so he wasted all his chances during this game. 4 teammates did better in front of goal. Downside? Leaky defence but we got away with it.

22 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks mate, Can't wait to see Armstrong join the 1K club and have a sit-down with Asier for a beer and a looong chat :)

Heh, I'd love to see that too, but Asier could be waiting a while! Armstrong is slowing down fast and still has 128 to go, so he better knuckle down if he wants that beer! :)

27 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Welcome and yes, the rules state that you need to play your own tactics. In any case, no one would want to achieve anything with another person's work.

@Nick11 I'll chip in here because I've thought a fair bit about this. In my 1KC career, I've mostly used 4 3 2 1, Direct, Attacking, Centre. I spent a long time tweaking that to make it work for my striker, so can confidently claim it as my own, but I've seen at least 3 or 4 people post very similar tactics (same formation, some with slightly different instructions, some virtually the same). Who owns it?

And now I'm tweaking things to suit my aging striker and some of those choices make my tactics the same as some of the posted ones. But I didn't go and copy them from a thread here, I came to them through my own efforts.

I think you're probably fine to use a common formation/tactic, as long as you're not blatantly copying a well known tactic and getting success based on someone else work instead of putting in any effort yourself. I mean you don't have to go and invent a 2 2 1 5 formation (wait, that one's taken!) just to meet that rule. :)

Corrections to that welcome from all of you who are more experienced with challenges here!

Asier Villalibre adding yet another season to his already impressive career..

Villalibre as a 35yo

AV2033before.png

Villalibre as a 36yo

AV2034after.png

Technical Attributes

• Aerial -1
  • Crossing -1
  • Dribbling -3
  • Passing -1
  • Shooting -3

Mental Attributes

• Creativity -1
  • Decisions -3
  • Movement -4

Physical Attributes

• Pace -3
  • Stamina -4
  • Strength -2

Massive massive hit. No wonder I had trouble getting him to score goals. Hitting 36yo has been by far his biggest downgrade. No strength, no stamina, no pace, no mobility, no sharpness, absolutely terrible and looks like a man who should've retired 2 seasons ago. Still got him to score 19 goals to add to his impressive total and as he keeps pushing the limit beyond 1000 goals I'll keep playing him until  he himself calls it quits. Next season could be his last one. How many more goals does he have in him?

Asier Villalibre Goes Beyond 1000

AV1066goals.png

Smallest increase but an increase nonetheless. That makes 1047 + 19 = 1066 goals under my management.

:)

18 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

70 national team cap yet no goals how ?? @BatiGoal

His stats has dropped alot what's his training regime??

He played 90min for the majority of his ITN games yet no goals there. Surely must be a bug.

Re his training, due to his age I had to tweak the regime to his liking. He kept complaining and being unhappy and all so we eventually agreed on the following:

• Fitness - Medium
  • Attacking - Medium
  • Tactics - Light
  • Motivational - Light

He wouldn't have it any other way unfortunately. Definitely no intensive for this old man anymore.

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

He played 90min for the majority of his ITN games yet no goals there. Surely must be a bug.

Re his training, due to his age I had to tweak the regime to his liking. He kept complaining and being unhappy and all so we eventually agreed on the following:

• Fitness - Medium
  • Attacking - Medium
  • Tactics - Light
  • Motivational - Light

He wouldn't have it any other way unfortunately. Definitely no intensive for this old man anymore.

Try switching fitness to Intense and defense to medium. .. rest remain same .

This fitness training has worked very well for me .

Anways this career is a masterpiece . I wonder how you managed to make him score this much despite using 5 forwards upfront 

2 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Try switching fitness to Intense and defense to medium. .. rest remain same .

This fitness training has worked very well for me .

I tried intensive with him but I think he may be too old to have any intensive regime. Will give it a shot start next season tho to confirm my thoughts. Thanks for the advice.

4 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Anways this career is a masterpiece . I wonder how you managed to make him score this much despite using 5 forwards upfront 

Thanks. He's in the center and the two strikers beside him cover mostly forward roles with "defensive duties" such as the Deep Lying Forward for example, so (depending on their role) they track back, run for the ball, create opportunities for teammates and/or create space for Villalibre to dive into. All the dirty work's been done for him basically, so he's had nothing other to do than putting the balls into the back of the net for many seasons.

Gulp!! Armstrong doesn't look much better at 35 (than Asier at 35), so not looking forward to him turning 36... But great job in keeping him going. 

58 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Gulp!! Armstrong doesn't look much better at 35 (than Asier at 35), so not looking forward to him turning 36... But great job in keeping him going. 

Thanks, yeah hope Armstrong doesn't complain about his training so you can leave that intensity on. As for Asier..was hoping for 1100 goals but that can't happen anymore.

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, yeah hope Armstrong doesn't complain about his training so you can leave that intensity on. As for Asier..was hoping for 1100 goals but that can't happen anymore.

So far he hasn't complained, so I have high intensity for both Physical and Attacking and Light for Tactics and Motivational. Not sure that's the right mix, but I think he's going to deteriorate whatever adjustments I make.... BTW, only 81 goals to go, but it looks so far away for a 35 year old...

On 7/1/2560 at 01:33, Ashez said:

Can't wait to see this cross the line :D 

The memories! 

I got a striker as a son on 2013, good old Colin Sale! Managed the 1k but it was some grind haha. 

I finally managed to get a son as well but took me 20 seasons to get there. Don't think I can achieve anything meaningful in the 10 remaining seasons unless there's another son-related challenge I'm unaware of. He's not even a striker :S

AV retires after 20 seasons

Spoiler

AVretiring.png

AV's retirement brings BatiGoal's son (CM)

Spoiler

RBGarrival.png

BGson.png

BatiGoal's very own 1K (wins)

Spoiler

BG1Kwins.png

AV's Final Goal Tally - 1091 Goals!

AV1100goals.png

20 seasons, 1200+ games, 1100 goals, 1091 under BatiGoal. A legend has retired!

15 minutes ago, veerus said:

Very nice.  What's your son's PA?  He looks like he could turn into a pretty good midfielder.

If there's a challenge for a midfielder I might use him. Makes it kinda unique and fun as I've never played BG Jr.

Well done! Always sad to see a legend hang up his boots, but he's earned a rest. This has been a great career and a wonderful read. Cheers Asier (and you too BG).