Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career AFC Wimbledon: The rise of the crazy Gang

Harish

So after a rocky season of fmm I am happy to be back here I was deeply disappointed on not being able to continue my careers here on vibe and disappointed most of you namely @Taff and @Real_Random who supported and gave me feedback throughout my careers. But this year's game has deeply attracted me with its new features despite the number of bugs, after warming up with liverpool I feel ready for a new challenge-a challenge that I have wanted do last year but did have the time, yes, I have decided to start a career as the mighty Wimbledon. I am thinking of giving my character a backstory as it makes him more interesting and since I am busy I cannot zip through seasons so I will be putting detailed monthly updates, if you guys want any changes please inform me.  

Edited by Harish

Club History:

240px-AFC_Wimbledon.svg.png

The club was founded by Wimbledon F.C.supporters in June 2002 as a direct reaction to the decision by an independent three-man commission appointed by the Football Association to allow Wimbledon F.C. torelocate to Milton Keynes inBuckinghamshire, about 56 miles north of Wimbledon. The large majority of Wimbledon F.C. supporters very strongly opposed the idea of moving the club so far away from Wimbledon, feeling that a club transplanted to Milton Keynes would no longer represent Wimbledon F.C.'s legacy and traditions,and, having campaigned against the proposed move, viewed its official sanctioning as the "death of their club".AFC Wimbledon considers itself a spiritual successor or "phoenix" version of the original team.Wimbledon F.C. physically moved in 2003 and then changed the name of the club to Milton Keynes Dons in 2004.

When AFC Wimbledon was formed, it affiliated to both the London and SurreyFootball Associations, and entered the Premier Division of the Combined Counties League, which is the ninth tier in English football. In its short history, the club has been extremely successful, being promoted six times in thirteen seasons, and going up from the ninth tier (Combined Counties Premier) to the third (League One).

AFC Wimbledon hold the record of the longest unbeaten run of league matches in English senior football, having played 78 consecutive league games without a defeat between February 2003 and December 2004.They also hold the distinction of being the first club formed in the 21st century to make it into the Football League.

Character back story will be posted shortly. 

Thank you for reading. 

Introduction:

Once I was a kid with dreams to become the greatest footballer in the world.Being born in an Italian family which wasnt rich but had a lot of contacts.I was given the chance to start my career at the great clubs of Milan and Turin.But I wasnt interested in starting my career there.I wanted to become a La Masia graduate.

After realising my determination my family relocated to spain and pulled some strings to ensure my place in the academy.The next five years were the hardest of my life.Juggling  between studies and football was hard,but the effort paid off.I was given a youth contract at the age of 18.My career had begun

The first chapter:

I was a slow starter and did not feature in the team until the second half of the season.But the moment I was given a chance,I grabbed it with both my hands.In just a few weeks,I had made myself undroppable.My performances soon caught the eye of the first team manager and soon I was promoted to the first team,I thought that my career was atlast starting to rise,but what happened then was the complete opposite.During my stay as a barca I only made 45 appearance of which 14 were a loan spell at Granada where I showed my true potential.But my own club did not realise my potential and I was left out.I realized what had happened.I was one of those rare players who are left out during the revamp of the squad.I realized that it was time for me to move on for the sake of my career,but no clubs were interested in me .There was a sudden interest by Inter but sadly a deal didnt materialise and my career continued to decline.But soon I was relieved when Arsenal put in a bid of 24 millon euros and  Barcelona accepted it.The turning point in my career had come.

The next chapter:

The move to Arsenal gave a big boost to my career as I cemented a first team place for the next five years.At the end of my contract,I was offered a new improved one,but I decided to slow down my career and offered my mutual consent to terminate my contract.I was eventually picked by Lanciano and returned to my birthplace.Just 15 games in,I decided it was time.I announced my retirement at the end of the season.After retiring I spent time with my family but still I wanted to continue my relationship with the game .It was then I made the most important decision of my life.I decided to manage.

Great write up mate. Good luck with your career. I did something similar on 16 where I led Wimbledon to the premier league an won the champions league. Keep an eye out for regens because they always make the difference. Good luck

I like your intro with the backstory.

Makes the career a lot more interesting to follow. I like the club too, don't really know what their squad looks like these days tho or where their strengths lie. Goodluck!

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great write up mate. Good luck with your career. I did something similar on 16 where I led Wimbledon to the premier league an won the champions league. Keep an eye out for regens because they always make the difference. Good luck

Thanks mate,  the improved youth intake features will hopefully throw some stars out. 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I like your intro with the backstory.

Makes the career a lot more interesting to follow. I like the club too, don't really know what their squad looks like these days tho or where their strengths lie. Goodluck!

Thanks mate, I myself simulated a career to create the backstory, much more interesting that way and I too have zero knowledge  about the squad so it should be a interesting challenge. 

Umm.... guys I have question would you like the story to be narrated in a normal way or in the characters point of view with additional characters etc etc... Would appreciate a reply soon to start the story 

23 minutes ago, Harish said:

Umm.... guys I have question would you like the story to be narrated in a normal way or in the characters point of view with additional characters etc etc... Would appreciate a reply soon to start the story 

I think you should narrate from tn characters view point because you see quite talented at doing an in depth write up of the stories

42 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I think you should narrate from tn characters view point because you see quite talented at doing an in depth write up of the stories

Thanks for the suggestion mate, looks like I have some work to do...... photos to upload,  characters to cook up,  and a career to play...... 

Zzzzzz..... 

Zzzzzz....

That was the sound that filled my house this morning. Seriously, most people would find it hard to sleep after being handed a big responsibility, but I wasn't like most people, sleeping was one thing that I never got enough in my career  but ever since retiring I am determined to catch all the sleep I lost..... 

Tringgggg

Tringggggg

I sighed and got out of my bed thinking about the events that had happened to me  last month and the words my best friend Steven Gerrard had said to me.. "you have talent mate.. but more than that you have patience, you see the game from a different point of view, you are definitely a born head coach".

And of course he pulled some strings to ensure his words became true....

Despite having a modest mind I couldn't help feeling that his words were right, if there was one thing that I have never done in my career it was being angry, even when I was at barca left out of the first team I did not go to the press to ridicule the team neither did I refuse to show up to training etc. I knew that It was simply bad luck and it was this patience which caught the eye of the Arsenal manager, apart from this I also had more tactical awareness and knowledge than most players, but I never saw myself as a leader or a captain, I knew that I wasn't suited to it despite the advice of everyone. To take up a responsibility much bigger than that should have scared me but my heart agreed with the idea, football is simply my life and to get back into it was like deja vu.. Well it won't hurt to give it a try.....

Ding-dong!!!

The doorbell shook me out of my thoughts and I went to open it..... 

Hope you guys like it, if you guys need less detail in the story please inform me. Thanks for reading. 

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great intro, the suspense is building. Quality work mate. Can't wait for the career part of this career. KIU

Cheers mate I am surprised myself with my standard I definitely did not write this nice. anyway you are gonna be a bit disappointed in waiting for the club part but I have some characters in my mind who will spice up my story. 

5 hours ago, Harish said:

Ah...  I might need help again guys for the level I am playing in is good to have bargain  Hunter or first team scout?? 

I honestly don't know  because the game does a terrible job at explaining the new features properly. I usually just ask them to scout and don't ask them to go on assignments so I'm not sure which one is better.

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I honestly don't know  because the game does a terrible job at explaining the new features properly. I usually just ask them to scout and don't ask them to go on assignments so I'm not sure which one is better.

Well I will stick with my own scout for now.. 

Even before opening the door I knew who it was,and I knew this meeting was going to be awkward.... 

"Enrico!!!!!!", my former agent walked through the door or rather stumbled through the door. No surprise there, that guy's drunk almost the whole day. 

"Roberto.... nice to meet you mate". I meant it, Despite all his goofy and drunken behaviour, Roberto was a honest hardworking person. He was the only one who continously laboured when I got pushed out at Barca. My whole Arsenal career was because of, him, He  was almost like my godfather.

He walked across the room and sat on the sofa. 

"Jeez, Enrico, you were one of the highest paid players in Arsenal, and you use that money to buy a house like this? "he waved his hands across the room to prove his point. I knew better than to answer because I am one of those guys who don't understand why a single person has to live in a place where almost 8 families can live? and being from a modest place I like living in small places, don't know why but I like it. 

"So, your big day has arrived and you have not even brushed your teeth". He sighed and I suppressed a smile. I  always love it when I irritate Roberto because all his jovial behaviour will flood out and his face turns almost like a small baby. 

"Just a minute,  I will fresh up and come....... "and I went to the bathroom.

An hour later, we were riding through the English countryside.  Roberto interrupted the silence  " By the way, Stevie wants me to become your agent and handle the contact talks"He always calls my best friend Stevie which irritates him as much as it irritates me. But I knew that rehiring Roberto would be good because that guy bargains like a god. 

" That's great mate, congratulations on your re-appointment.... "all this was making me feel really excited of the upcoming event. The taxi screeched to a stop near the gate..... 

We got out and paid our fares,there was only one person waiting for us near the gate.

"Not exactly a grand welcome"I remarked.

Roberto grimaced"Are you sure about this Enrico?Wigan called me yesterday,they said they would be happy to hire you...."

But I had my reasons choosing a lower reputation club,first of all I am new to football management so It would be good for me start low and Steve suggested this club and of course I liked their history and the fact that it is a fan owned club.So I replied,"No,mate this is where my journey starts no changes,no second thoughts....."

He shrugged"Well if you say so....but let me handle the contract talks".
I smiled,"Naturally......"

The man waiting for us came over,"Are you Mr. Harish?"

"Yes"I replied.

"Welcome to Wimbledon,the chairman is waiting for you at the hotel"He pointed to a restaurant adjacent to the club entrance which was crowded.

"You want to interview me in there?"I asked

He grinned"Knew you were going to ask it,no the owner has a separate room upstairs"                                                             "Lead the way"I said cautiously.I was confused with all of this.But the guy went to restaurant briskly so me and roberto had no choice but to follow.

The owner received us and showed us the way upstairs"The chairman is excited  to meet you.It is the first time a man as profilic as you is getting involed with the club.i will pray that you are appointed successfully".

I tried for a smile but I was honestly getting scared"Thanks for the support Mr.......?

He started walking towards the kitchen"Bob,just call me Bob....."

We went upstairs following  the man who received us he stopped near a door that was at the far end of the building,"well,this is it,good luck with your interview,hopefully you get appointed..."he held out his hand and I shook it.He went back the way he came.

Robeto cleared his throat"Remeber Enrico dont talk about contracts until he says he is satisfied with you".

We knocked on the door and it was opened by a old man aged well into his sixties,"welcome,Mr.Harish,please come in".

We both went in and introduced formally.He also introduced himself."I am Erik Sameulson,chairman of AFC Wimbledon,pleased to meet you,shall we start?"

I nodded and he directed me and roberto towards a  sofa at the corner of the room and started his interview.

5 hours ago, Real_Random said:

The depth is fantastic mate. KIU

Thanks,mate the career part of the story is almost here keep your fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Haha this a new funny way to write a story in this forum - great idea and good luck with the crazy gang mate :)!

Thanks,mate I thought about writing like this long ago,but felt that It would I got this idea from a FM story,but compared to that this is really small......anyways,the club part is almost here........

Edited by Harish
1 hour ago, Taff said:

Dude this is more epic than some novels I've read really pulls you in to the story, fantastic work KIU

Thanks mate...now I am blushing..... I already have cooked up a lot of characters so the story should be more interesting as it progresses. 

Edited by Harish
29 minutes ago, Harish said:

Thanks mate...now I am blushing..... I already have cooked up a lot of characters so the story should be more interesting as it progresses. 

Can't wait

I would like to say the interview was strict and straight to the point etc etc...except it wasn't, Erik asked me my story to which in return he said me the story of the original Wimbledon and how it got split up and how the new Wimbledon have fared,It was a good story and calmed me down, maybe this going to turn out good.....

"Well,that was a great conversation, but let's get down to business, we clearly overachieved last season to get promoted so it would be sufficient if the club clears the relegation spots..... What do you think about it?"

I would have gone out and given a big speech except I remembered that I was still a potential candidate "Well,I am not appointed as the manager so I don't know about the team but I have watched some videos and have come to the conclusion that the squad is really determined, they can take any challenge head on and the fans are really supportive of the club,so rather than settling for a lower half finish,why not try for a mid table finish?"

His eyes widened apparently stunned by my words"You think you can achieve it?"

Something about the way he asked me questions puzzled me"Sir,I am still a candidate right? asking me about the club's expectations is not appropriate, you should be asking these questions only after appointing a head coach..."

He laughed, a high pitched laugh which echoed around the room"My dear Enrico,I appointed you as the manager of the club the instant Gerrard told me about you,I just wanted  you to voice your thoughts".

My brain didn't quite process his words"You m-mean I am already appointed? "

"Yes,of course, shall we talk about your contract?"

Roberto took over from there,but Erik must have been really keen on getting me because he offered me 5k per week right off the bat....there was no contest,I quickly signed my contract and handed it over to him.

"Well,have some rest ,go sightseeing,do whatever you like but after 3 days your tenure as the manager begins, would you like a press conference?" He asked.

"No,I am not exactly a outgoing person, just announce my appointment" If there was one thing I hated in my life it was press conferences, no matter what you say they always turn the words against you....

He just shrugged like he was already expecting it"I will take care of it ,but you have to meet the players and staff,see you after 3 days"He held out his hands and I shook it and we both departed from the room,on the way downstairs Roberto smiled at me "It went really good didn't it?"

I smiled back "That it did,mate that it did"....... 

I felt like a different person now,a new phase of my life had begun....

I was now the manager of AFC Wimbledon.

Atlast...the career part is here don't think it's gonna be all pictures from now on.Like I have already said there are a lot of characters waiting and they will be inserted at regular intervals,so keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Harish
18 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Great build up mate. Can't wait to see if you achieved your goals. Good luck

Well its a long season but the preseason has fared out pretty well and I have a big scene in my mind.........

Good stuff @Harish

Curious to find out what type of manager you're going to become.

The eye-for-youth one? The winning-above-everything one? The charismatic one? The mindgames one? The no-nonsense one?

:)

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Good stuff @Harish

Curious to find out what type of manager you're going to become.

The eye-for-youth one? The winning-above-everything one? The charismatic one? The mindgames one? The no-nonsense one?

:)

Thanks mate. I usually prefer youth development but the way the story is going will probably make me more of a charismatic guy but there's still a lot to come so ATM its a mystery.......