Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stracho

The Good and the Bad of FMM17

THE GOOD AND BAD OF FMM17

I know it is only a couple of days since FMM17 was released but today i wanted to say what i have enjoyed and what i haven't enjoyed and maybe missing features. This is my first article so it would be great if you can support and give some feedback. :) 

The Goods

There is plenty of good things in FMM17. If i had to put all the good things i'd be here all day!

1. Match Engine Speed

It isn't the same speed for all as we are all on different devices but for me i think the engine is more smooth and quicker. The processing screen at half time is faster and it takes over a minute less for 1 match compared to 2016. The EME is now faster than the OME which is amazing right now but leads questions to should the OME be quicker as it is a lot more basic and less powerful engine.

2. Less Successful Tactics

On previous games tactics would work well for a while but with the 2017 edition they work for a short space of time as the AI seem to be able to read and stop your play. This is what I've seen on my Man Utd and Nice saves. I played the a mix of easy and difficult teams. For about 4-8 games it worked and then after it just seemed to be tough to take points against poor sides you would've won 5-0 or 6-0 against normally. This is because they adapted their team to the lineup. After i changed the tactic drastically the same thing seemed to happen with teams being unprepared for my side.

3. New Leagues

Even though i haven't had a look at the new leagues yet i have been impressed with the selection as I am getting more interested in Polish and Turkish football now to see the better players and the worse. I am hoping to do a challenge like the 1K goal challenge there for my save in one of the two countries.

Others

Player intelligence has improved in matches

Not many players now shoot from really weird positions

No free kicks played to useless players

Realistic asking prices

The Bads

There are always bads in games and FMM has some.

Not Being Able To See Who Scored

This one is frustrating for me as i love to see who is performing consistently each game to see if somebody scores every week or scores a few goals once every few games. Read more about it here. 

Too Many Sackings

This one was SI trying to make it more realistic but it hasn't worked tbh. In my Man Utd save Zidane was sacked 6 games into the season after having 2 games in hand on everyone else and having lost 2 games and drawn 1. They were only 7 points off of Barcelona with 2 games in hand. Very harsh. Klopp was sacked despite Liverpool being 6th and having played the top teams. I have seen plenty of sackings occur. Way too many. Hope this will be toned down as it can ruin careers.

OME Bugs

I know it is the OME but it seems even more bugged now. It feels slower and too glitchy to use. An example is when i was testing it out my goalkeeper was in the opponents box for a free kick and the person scored directly from the free kick and it was given as offside. I have had another one where my striker had decided to stay stuck in the same position all match. It was the halfway line. These issues will probably be fixed soon and if they aren't I'd advise you not to use the OME.

Conclusion

Probably the best instalment of the game however bugs are letting it down a bit. Once these are fixed the game will feel more complete. I am not sure how to react to Brexit because i haven't had it in a save so i don't really know if it will a pest or not too bad. Thanks for reading and please give a comment on what you think!

Edited by Stracho

Players intelligence in the 2d match engine has been improved too.. not much players shooting from strange positions, no more free kicks to nobodies land etc.

Players value and asking price more realistic.

12 hours ago, Dar J said:

Players intelligence in the 2d match engine has been improved too.. not much players shooting from strange positions, no more free kicks to nobodies land etc.

Players value and asking price more realistic.

I've added them