Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aencinaz04

Guide for successful tactics in top 5 Leagues

Guide for successful tactics in top 5 Leagues

Introduction

Football is a universal language that has become a sport loved around the world, there are differences that characterized the way it is played around in different countries. These different countries have their own style of playing football, like the Spanish football style “Tiki Taka” or “Furia Espanola”, English football style is known as “Kick and Rush” and the Italian football style with their football style “Catenaccio”.

Football styles depend on the formation the Manager chooses for the game, which can be characterized by ball possession or by direct play to get to the opposing goal, but also due to the players the manager puts in the game itself. It will be up to you the manager to decide the play style you want in order to succeed being the best team you can.

1. La Liga

La Liga.jpg

La Liga is known for their technical, possession based football. Managing a Spanish club can become easy or hard depending on the team and formation. A Top-table club like Barca, Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Sevilla can be easy for the user due to the team, the user is provided and the budget they receive.

The mentioned teams play your typical 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, the only exception here is Sevilla that play with 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. A mid-table spanish club has a minimal budget and has some talented players. A good formation to use for these clubs would be a formation that focuses on players in the Midfield and the wings.

A 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 can help mid-table clubs fight for a position at the top like Celta, Málaga, and Espanyol. The same can be said about lower  clubs like Alaves, Leganes, or Osasuna but you should focus on defensive and midfield formations. A formation like 5-3-2 or a 4-5-1.

The best formation to use in La Liga has come down to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, focus on midfield to hold up against opponents. Try to get a playmaker to pass around the attackers and wingers. If you decide to go with three on the back in this league get backup center backs. For a challenge I would use 3-5-2 with Celta

1. Premier League

Premier League.png

The Premier League is known for their quick, physical, and direct football. Managing a English club can all really depend on the players and formation because in this league the competitiveness is really high. The league has two domestic cups for clubs that aren’t in European competition and if they are, the teams will compete in three cups. So all English clubs battle three or four competitions. If you decide to manage a top-table club you will have to focus on backups and defenders.

Top-table clubs have great squads and budgets while lower-table clubs don’t have the squad but they have a respectable budget compare to other leagues in this list. Top-table clubs at the moment like Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool play a direct attacking football with great attacking mentality that the user should really just focus on the formations to make them get the maximum output.

Formations that you should rely on with Top-table clubs is the 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Mid-table clubs at moment like Watford, Bournemouth, and Burnley have a respectable budget and a respectable squad I would get backups. The formation 4-2-3-1 is what I would use. Low-table squads like Hull, Sunderland, and Middlesbrough would need a defensive backing and a reliable formation, for these teams I would use formations 4-5-1,

The formation I would use for this League would be 4-2-3-1. I would try to look for backups that can fight for first team due to the competitions the teams seem to play. Fullbacks and wingers would be overpowered for this league. For a challenge I would use 3-5-2 on Liverpool.

1. Serie A

Serie A.png

The Italian Football style has been known for their defensive football style and the efficiency of the attacking half. The Italian league at the moment has a dynasty going on with Juventus while the other teams are trying to dethrone them with their playing styles.

The Top-table teams at the moment are playing with great squads and their tactics. Top-table teams like Juventus, Roma, and Milan have a great squad and respectable budget. With these teams I would get backups and players on the midfield. The Top-table teams play with 4-3-3,4-2-3-1, and the well known Italian 3-5-2 of Juventus. I would use the formation 4-2-3-1 for Top-table. Mid-table squads like Fiorentina, Inter, and Genoa have reliable squads that would use the help of some better players especially on the defense and wings.

The formations that Mid-tables could rely on more is  4-2-3-1, 3-1-4-2, and 4-3-3.

Low-table clubs Pescara, Crotone, and Palermo need help with the defense and midfield. These teams use the formation 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3, and 3-1-4-2. For these lower clubs I would use a back of 5. I would recommend 5-3-2 or 5-1-3-1 to go counter on the wings.

The formations that would work well for the Serie A is 4-3-3, due to the attacking chances you will get on the wings. For a challenge here I would use 4-1-4-1 with Torino.

1. Bundesliga

Bundesliga.png

If the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking of Spanish Football is Technique, then for the German Football style is attacking and efficiency. German teams typically tend to work very hard to show good efficiency and commitment on the Middle and the wings.

The German league gives great emphasis on their young players. The german clubs have great budgets from Top to Middle level. The teams are really organized from the middle to the attack like Bayern and Dortmund have shown in the Champions League. Top-table teams like Bayern, Dortmund, and Redbull Leipzig have been successful due to their tactics and style. They each play relying on their flanks with the 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, and 4-2-3-1.

Mid-table squads like Mainz, Leverkusen, and Augsburg have a realiable squad and budget that would at least cover 1 or 3 players at max. Mid-table clubs seem to use the formation 4-2-3-1 and the 4-4-2. I would use the 4-2-3-1 for Mid-table club. Lower-table Clubs don’t rely on a reliable squad or budget, which would make them rely on their youths. Club Werder Bremen, Ingolstadt, and Hamburger use the formation 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1. I would use the 4-5-1 for Lower-table clubs.

A formation that I would use for the Bundesliga is the 4-1-4-1. I would have a solid Defensive Midfield and a great attacking force going forward. I wouldn’t try to overuse the three in the back due to being open to the counter attacks. For a challenge here I would use the 4-3-3 with Gladbach.

1. Ligue 1

Ligue 1.png

The French Ligue currently relies on a physical style like the likes of English, Argentine, and Mexican league. Unlike the Argentine and Mexican it isn’t tactical and attacking minded. The French like a mix of physical and possession based.

The Top-table clubs at the moment Nice, Monaco, and PSG rely on flank attacking football. Nice uses a 3-5-2, while both Monaco and PSG use the 4-3-3. For a Top-table club I would use 4-2-3-1. Mid-table clubs at moment like Metz, Angers, and Bordeaux. They rely on the 4-3-3 in which I would use as well. Mid-table clubs have young talent but not a respectable budget. I would look for wingers and center backs.

Lower-table clubs rely on their youth and experienced players. They don’t have the budget to bring some amazing talent so look for loans and players to achieve not being relegated. I would recommend the formation for Lower clubs be 4-1-4-1.

For this Ligue I would use the 4-3-3. I would try to look for center backs and wingers. For a challenge here I would use the formation 5-3-2 with a lower-club like Caen.

A bit too over the place for my taste. You're trying to give advice while you're analysing the opposition. That's a lot to do at the same time, which leads you to only touch every subject very briefly.

Which instructions do they use? Which ones would work in the formations you suggest? If I am to play a 4-3-3 is that a flat formation or more of a 41221? 

What should I change when playing a fellow small(er) team compared to when I'm facing Barca or ManU?

I feel every competition deserves it own article that's at least as long as this one is. I appreciate the effort, and the writing is not bad at all, but the content is too condensed, if you know what I mean.

Honestly it's a nice brief guide. And it basically gives an outline for tactics. Since you have included 5 leagues in it, I won't really demand much details in a single guide which contains 5 leagues. Since I am an avid BuLi player I can say that you did great job explaining what a new manager can expect at BuLi. So KIU, I liked it!