Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Tactic for EME Aangca's 4-3-1-2

Aangca

Been away for 2 years and had a pretty solid tactic for FMH 2015 so thought i give it a try making a new one.

My first season with Fulham in The Championship league i used a pretty straight forward 4-2-2-2 with wingers. Did well and got promotion.

During pre-season friendlies it felt a bit stale and I wanted to try something new so i reversed back to my old 2015 tactic which didnt work as well as i had hoped, until i moved the AMC Inside forward to the winger position.

Started of with a 2-0 win against Man City so stuck to it and I had almost all the big teams beaten during the first half of the autumn. Lost 1-0 away to Liverpool but then i had gotten a red card also.

Wasnt unbeaten and both lost and draw some games but ended up winning the Premiere league and the EFL cup with a pretty mediocre team compared to the big teams. The Poacher i used as Defensive forward at times when i wanted more pressure. I also mirrored the tactic every now and then letting Tom Cairney play as the right Inside forward.

Now to start the second season in Premiere league and with some better players it should work even better.

Screenshot_2016-11-22-11-47-05.png

Screenshot_2016-11-22-11-47-11.png

Screenshot_2016-11-23-20-34-44.png

Thanks, I'll update with second season in a few days.

I usually make one change at the beginning of second half, around 50 mins, if it doesnt look good. Usually one of the strikers to change things around. At the 60th min I almost always make the rest of my subs. I mainly change tired players or those with 6 as rating and usually 1 FC, 1 or 2 MC's and maybe the Inside forward. Possible even doing a mirror switch to a right Inside forward.

Gotten a new RWB, DC, FC and all 3 MC's. But its only youngsters so will just be better and better for each season now :)

Your on to a winner here mate with this tactic i made a few changes on my spurs save and  unbeaten halfway through the season ripping teams apart heres what ive changed try it ...well done super tactic 

Screenshot_20161127-014538.png

Maco: I used a similiar one in Championship league, just a BMW instead of CM, but when i reached Premiere league i needed a more compact midfield to stop the opposition and gain more players in the middle so i didnt loose the midfield battle since most teams i met played 4-5-1 at that time.

Possible that i revert back to that 4-2-2-2 when i have a couple better midfielders and the DCs gets better.

Really like the look of this, gunna give it a go with Ipswich in the champo and will let you know how it goes. 

Main problem so far is there's no one here that can play the IF role properly so will have to address that! 

Update: Second season in Premiere league is done and finished 1st again. Also managed to get the tripple with FA cup and Champions cup wins.

Included the screenshot of the mirrored setup as well which is the one i used most this season since Cairney outperformed Williams early on in the season. 

As you can see its not a shit load of goals scored but its done the job and usually keeps the opposition from getting to many chances at goal.

Best scorer were Yaya Sanogo with 22 goals.

Second Cairney with 19 and he also had 17 assists.

Third Edouard with 13 and 4th Williams with 12 as a "2nd team" player.

I switched between the right and left setup fairly often, sometimes every other game depending on how close they were or which opposition i was to play.

Screenshot_2016-11-30-16-29-55.png

Screenshot_2016-11-30-16-30-40.png

Screenshot_2016-11-30-16-30-22.png

I've tried most tactics on here since new game's been released and this is the first one I'd consider to be "broken". 

Started as Ipswich, won Champo and runner up in League Cup, 2nd season now in Prem and I'm top and winning games agaisnt City, Chelsea, United etc. 

1st season had no budget, played majority of season without anyone suited to the IF role, still won games easily. 

2nd season bought Cavaleiro from Wolves and he's just a little bit good. 

Tearing it up with only 1 or 2 top players bought, and half of my squad being either 2 or 2 1/2 star rated, elite level tactic for me. 

Thanks Aangca

Screenshot_20161208-043259.png

Screenshot_20161208-043259.png

Screenshot_20161208-045045.png

Screenshot_20161208-043353.png

I'm using your 4-3-1-2 in my Parma saves and for now is going VERY well with some adjustments due to my lower league team. In 8 matches 7 Win and 1 Draw bethween championship and serie C cup.

One questions for you Aangca. You change some roles / instructions during the season?

Thanks for this tactic

Sorry for not responding RIC, lifes been hectic and not much time to play FMH since last update.

No RIC, i dont change instructions more then when I switch from left to right setup. 

I will start a new save soon as a lower league team, never seen the point in creating tactics for big teams since a good tactic should work for the smaller clubs to start with. Applying it to a bigger club usually doesnt mean that you have to be creative or buy "better" players for it to work.

And thanks Alice for giving it a try, i think this is really good for mediocre teams. Did you switch between left and right setup?

And the INF doesnt have to be a natural INF. Tom Cairney isnt but is still my best player at that position.

Edited by Aangca

I stumbled on a IF/TM combo in my career save and it has worked very well for me as well. This is the first time I've seen this combo outside of my thread. Interesting idea for an unbalanced formation to bolster the numbers in midfield. I'll have to keep that in mind. 

Thanks to this formation, I secured my first win of the season in Division 1 with Braunschweig and since then, my team is undefeated in 12 games, drawing only twice. I'm yet to meet Bayern though but I secured wins against Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Geischel**** (whatever it was they called Schalke). This is a life saver!

Veerus, i started out with two INF as wingers but it wasnt consistent for my Fulham team giving the midfield away. With 3 in the middle i could as you see keep most teams under control and still have enough threat at the front to get me the goals i needed to win. Its not a high scoring tactic but its working :)

Glad to see its working for you Des, i think its a fairly reliable tactic giving you wins thanks to not giving the opposition to many chances. Most games I have 10+ shots on goal compared to 2-3 for the other team.

Another season.. Getting even better.. Although last season was a HEAVY achievement judging by my club's standards, I know the formation will be used for too long soon and will start having difficulties but I'm reluctant to make adjustments. Please, what's the sign to look out for before I conclude that I should switch from left to right?

Meanwhile.. So far this season..

Screenshot_2017-02-19-16-17-25.png

I'm surprised the defence isn't a bit leakier with three of your four defenders moving forward leaving only a LD to hold the fort, but if it works it works 

good work dude

Haha we're champions with 4rsenal nowhere to be found! Definitely a tactic worth trying. But how do you know when to go left/right (Player performance? AI tactics?)

I use the simpliest way to dermine when to choose between left and right.

I go by Condition of the players, i like to have my players at 100 % when i start the game. Some games its not possible when you start playing 3 games a week. Up until then i usually switch for the cup games and let my 2nd team play. Early on in the career the 2nd team is usually just switching out the INF, a striker and a couple of the midfielders :P

And if the 2nd keeper is good enough he gets to taste the heat :)

Taff, the BWM usually goes deep and stays behind and the BTB helps alot in the defence as well.

Anothet note about testing the 2nd team. If one of the players you give a try turns out to perform really well and the one in the 1st team on his spot isnt performing i tend to switch them out for a few games and see if his form continues and he stays until he starts getting poor reviews. 

I always change my players at roughly the 65th minute, subbing the most tired midfielder, a striker and the INF as well if none other needs subbing.

If my INF on the bench plays the opposite side (normal setup left and he plays right) i switch the whole tactic to match the new INF. Hence i save both tactics so the switch is simple. Remember to change position of the strikers, midfielders and center backs ;)

To further my reasonings:

First I try and get a working 1st team getting all the necessary roles and buying those i dont have but keeping it simple, this tactic doesnt demand top players, they just need to have the right attributes. 

Where i tend to struggle finding players are Wingbacks and especially left of course and good enough BTB. But dont just look for natural BTBs, BMWs and some AMCs can fill the role as long as they have the right attributes. I still go by Dec really good guide from 2 years back.

I then try and get backups for every position and when doing so an INF/Winger playing the opposite side as my 1st team player so I can get the switch going.

Wingback backups usually gets to play alot since i want to start players with or as close as possible to 100% condition. Almost never choose a player below 90% if i have a backup a can use instead. The tired player might be on the bench and thrown in 2nd half if needed.

Feel free to ask me questions :)

Edited by Aangca