Find results in...

Chat Do SI need to look at injuries?

billy2shots

Do SI need to look at injuries?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Injuries

• The number of injuries are about right
    • There are too many injuries

Do you think the amount of injuries need to be looked at again by the developers?

Please provide details for your opinion. 

I believe there there are too many injuries in the game at the moment. This is possibly due to the inclusion of physio's this year and the need to make that feature worth while. 

The injuries I am experiencing are like an illness that spreads across the players. Nothing for a few weeks then a batch of 3 or 4 in a short space of time. 

Reasons for opinion  

At AC Milan I currently have 3 Gold physio's. 2 preventative and 1 Rehab. 3 preventative would just be stupid. 

October 11 Antonelli 2 months

October 14 Calabria 2 months

October 15 Bacca 2 weeks

October 16 Zapata 1 month

October 21 Romagnoli 1 month

December 10 Niang 2 months

December 10 Bergwijn 2 weeks

December 18 Camacho 2 months

December 23 Romagnoli 2 months 

I have ignored the odd injury inbetween 'clusters' 

Seems a little out of balance to me.

Please share your findings  

My players are dying over here at my galatasaray save.I had 2 over 6 months injuries and several ones with 1 to 3 months.I got a new backroom staff hoping for better results.

I agree, there is far too many.

I find myself having to change my base tactics throughout my saves due to not having enough players for positions.

I believe the last few games have had too few injuries. Look at any premier League pre game report for a Premier League game and at any one time a team often has 3 or 4 players who are injured.

I haven't played enough of an important save to have an opinion as yet, however at this point what is the point of intensive training? Why not just scrap it and have the players start with such boosts or get them naturally? IT has lost all importance to me and it's now just a pain to have to constantly set, fiddle with and work out if that's causing the issues. Just lost all interest in it tbh, just a meaningless feature we could live without. 

I've played about 5 seasons in total (longest career is 3 at the moment) and nothing crazy tbh.

Never had more than 5 injured players at one time, and not exceeding 2 months.

If you look at the squads throughout Europe 5 is a pretty common amount and that's the worst I've had to deal with so far.

So looks OK for me.

Like Ashez, I haven't played enough to cast a vote. I only have the Milan example in the OP to go on (7 players injured at the same time, screenshot with 6). 

I wanted to formally ask as quite a few have been mentioning it. 

It's hard to say tbh as it depends on how important the player is if you notice. If a squad player gets injured I'll hardly notice but if a number of first teamers were I'd notice etc 

Personally I think it adds a lot more realism with a lot of injuries, forcing you to change your team/tactics a lot. Compared with last years game were injuries were almost non existent.

I think it's somewhat unbalanced, but realistic at the same time. An example of this is Spurs right now, they have 3 injured players atm and 3-4 just recovering from some knocks and most have been out for 3+ weeks.

I did a season with Reading and didn't have any injury last more than a few weeks. I don't use intensive training so that might be the problem?

27 minutes ago, Scott said:

I did a season with Reading and didn't have any injury last more than a few weeks. I don't use intensive training so that might be the problem?

This is the most likely explanation. SI have talked about tweaking injuries for a while and clearly they have done so this year. Sounds like old style intensive training schedules are too harsh for most players compared to previous versions. 

4 minutes ago, Dec said:

Out of interest has anyone been running the new IT? Thanks

And, in addition to this, how many of you are using the general training schedule for your players?