Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help (work permits) Brexit ruins game

Razer

Currently Playing Boston United in the English Premier Division's 2023/2024 season.

Its impossible to sign players outside UK because of brexit... when you sign a player they wont be given a work permit, even if you appeal with an attorney no chance of signing them :(:( (well maybe theres a 1/1000 chance, but havent got that 1 chance yet). Already tried to sign more than 30 players from regions that require a work permit, they all accepted my contract offer but none of then where granted a work permit.

No Chance of getting the Disable Work Permits option because its impossible to sign players from regions that require a work permit anyway...

Any Solution????

Edited by Razer
1 hour ago, veerus said:

I believe there's an unlockable that can disable work permits.  Anyone know how to unlock it?

Sign a certain number of players who need work permits South Americans and Russians, normally does the trick

i dont want to sound cynical but the second i read that this "feature" was in the game i knew it was just so they could then sell us the ability to remove it as they know it will be game breaking.

48 minutes ago, marxistafozzski said:

Sign a certain number of players who need work permits South Americans and Russians, normally does the trick

What leagues should I enable for fastest results?

Start a game as Barcelona, sign a load of players with 80+ caps. Will require about 20 signings but search by nationality for Brazilians, Russians, Ukrainians, Japanese, Koreans. Just be sure to check each one for second nationality. 

4 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Start a game as Barcelona, sign a load of players with 80+ caps. Will require about 20 signings but search by nationality for Brazilians, Russians, Ukrainians, Japanese, Koreans. Just be sure to check each one for second nationality. 

Second nationality? so if the player is Japanese but his 2nd nationality is English, it won't be counted?

I'm pretty sure if you make a big offer, the player is on high wages, or if they have plenty of international caps, they will have their work permit approved.

Do these signings have to be on the same save or is it a total over several saves? I've started games with Barca and RM and signed a bunch of Russians and Brazillians and then restarted. Not a single one required a work permit. I signed about 25 over the two saves. Do they have to come from certain clubs or something?

6 minutes ago, veerus said:

Do these signings have to be on the same save or is it a total over several saves? I've started games with Barca and RM and signed a bunch of Russians and Brazillians and then restarted. Not a single one required a work permit. I signed about 25 over the two saves. Do they have to come from certain clubs or something?

Spain doesn't have the work permits like the U.K. that is why

On 11/26/2016 at 14:10, nick2528 said:

i dont want to sound cynical but the second i read that this "feature" was in the game i knew it was just so they could then sell us the ability to remove it as they know it will be game breaking.

That unlockable isn't available for purchase - its unlockable through gameplay (and not too difficult to do).

8 hours ago, Dec said:

Spain doesn't have the work permits like the U.K. that is why

This is good to know.  I was going to play a Spanish team this year so I guess I won't have to deal with all that bs...  Might not even load England to avoid headaches even if it will mean losing a ton of good players out of the database.

Wouldn't practically everyone require a work permit when BREXIT kicks in? Just sign a bunch of non-british players and BAM! You can overturn work permits.

Since people are mostly negative about this feature, I'll chip in and say I like it - although I haven't suffered the full effects yet (nearing that point).

I want the game to be a simulation of real life. It will be fascinating to see how Brexit plays out in real life and how it affects football and I think it's cool that we get experience some of the likely scenarios in FMM. Yep it's going to be painful, but it's likely going to be painful in real life too!

I've been playing FMM / FM / CM long enough that I remember when the number of foreigners you could have in your squad was limited and you could only play 3(?) on match day. Real life changes and the game changes with it. Maybe SI could have waited to see how it plays out, but from my point of view I'm glad they've put it in now. Maybe it could have been an option, but they've never done that before (I could be wrong) with transfer rules etc.

37 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

I want the game to be a simulation of real life.

I'm all for copying real life rules.  Problem is - Brexit hasn't happened in real life yet.  There are many things that have to be done before it's official and no one knows the full impact on transfers yet so for SI to assume that is kinda annoying.  Clearly it's company policy since the PC version of FM also has it but there at least you have 33% chance of it not affecting your game.  I haven't seen a full answer on whether FMM Brexit also has 3 possible scenarios or if it's just a single "f u" one...

how can i get round the issue of trying to get the unlockable feature to disbale work permits if none of my signing are getting approved?!

2 hours ago, c2070 said:

how can i get round the issue of trying to get the unlockable feature to disbale work permits if none of my signing are getting approved?!

Sign players with lots of caps to guarantee they get approved.

4 minutes ago, Dec said:

Destroys the game for new teams in the Prem or those with less money who rely on bargain buys. 

It might become reality. 

It might prove difficult for smaller teams. 

It might change the game as we know it. 

*It might but it certainly won't be decided for at least 2 years of ever. 

#noplaceinFMM17

Edited by billy2shots
24 minutes ago, Dec said:

Won't he have to also restart his game with the unlockable enabled too?

16 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Destroys the game for new teams in the Prem or those with less money who rely on bargain buys. 

It might become reality. 

It might prove difficult for smaller teams. 

It might change the game as we know it. 

*It might but it certainly won't be decided for at least 2 years of ever. 

#noplaceinFMM17

I have to say, I like the fact that it is in the game even though as it shows what will happen in real life if brexit happen - as all players will require a Work Permit to play in uk as any other foreign worker will, It's not guesswork, more like simple fact, 

On the fact of Work Permits in relation to football, the work permit requirements are the same as they are for non EU players, And the appeals system does work, about 1/50 or 1/25 of the time the appeal will be sucessusful.

The good thing is, In the long term grassroots football will be forced to improve to make up for this drop in other countries player which in turn may mean one of the four "home nations"  (Britain and Northern Ireland) actually win something and the english can shut the gub about 1966.

13 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

The good thing is, In the long term grassroots football will be forced to improve to make up for this drop in other countries player which in turn may mean one of the four "home nations"  (Britain and Northern Ireland) actually win something and the english can shut the gub about 1966.

I think we all know that the English will never stop chirping about 1966

Had a go last night to check this out.

Team: Chelsea. Signings needed: 20.

I sorted the player search by international caps and worked my way down the list.

Tips:

Go for the cheaper players as you will need to spend a fair amount to sign the 20 needed.

Also check out the free players list - Maicon, Martin Caceres + others count towards permits but only wages needed.

Ignore players from Western Europe (France, Spain etc) as they don't need permits. 

Most Eastern European (Serbia, Russia etc) countries do need permits alongside Asian, African and South Americans.

Check for second nationalities e.g. Ronaldinho has second nationality Spanish so no permit needed!

Every player I signed had 50 + caps and the permit was granted first time - no appeals.

Once you have earned the unlockable it will be available in any save you are playing through the preferences tab.

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

I have to say, I like the fact that it is in the game even though as it shows what will happen in real life if brexit happen - as all players will require a Work Permit to play in uk as any other foreign worker will, It's not guesswork, more like simple fact, 

Wow. You know the future! 

Maybe you should lead the negotiations for us leaving the Uk. No one else knows that foreign workers will need a work permit so I would get down your local betting shop and put everything you have on that happening. 

1. It is highly likely that Article 50 will be filed (not 100% certain)

2. When/if that happens, negotiations will begin regarding EU members right to travel and work in the UK and uk citizens rights to travel and work in the EU. 

After both those points have been settled we will then know if work permits are needed. That will be in 2 years time and will then be a certainty and not a guess by a computer game company. 

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Wow. You know the future! 

Maybe you should lead the negotiations for us leaving the Uk. No one else knows that foreign workers will need a work permit so I would get down your local betting shop and put everything you have on that happening. 

1. It is highly likely that Article 50 will be filed (not 100% certain)

2. When/if that happens, negotiations will begin regarding EU members right to travel and work in the UK and uk citizens rights to travel and work in the EU. 

After both those points have been settled we will then know if work permits are needed. That will be in 2 years time and will then be a certainty and not a guess by a computer game company. 

Funny, I didnt realise the FA were sitting in on the Negotiations

The likelyhood Article 50 will be triggered is indeed quite high but not definite, as nothing is certain, never disputed that.

Nobody knows the future, but with data one can predict the future, So the best that can be done is to do that when you look at the current anti-immigration hate fuelled retoric that is spreading like wildfire in poorer parts of England and as it is the politicans who represent the people and the leaning right of Conservative party the chances are that there will not be freedom of movement - unless the UK government decides to get access to the common market.

Every thing about "Brexit" is guesswork as the government just wants to "have cake and eat it"  so we will leave the future in the hands of the people who privitised so many public industries

4 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Funny, I didnt realise the FA were sitting in on the Negotiations

The likelyhood Article 50 will be triggered is indeed quite high but not definite, as nothing is certain, never disputed that.

Nobody knows the future, but with data one can predict the future, So the best that can be done is to do that when you look at the current anti-immigration hate fuelled retoric that is spreading like wildfire in poorer parts of England and as it is the politicans who represent the people and the leaning right of Conservative party the chances are that there will not be freedom of movement - unless the UK government decides to get access to the common market.

Every thing about "Brexit" is guesswork as the government just wants to "have cake and eat it"  so we will leave the future in the hands of the people who privitised so many public industries

So slightly different to 

'will happen'

On 20/12/2016 at 09:58, Thepremiermanager said:

Had a go last night to check this out.

Team: Chelsea. Signings needed: 20.

I sorted the player search by international caps and worked my way down the list.

Tips:

Go for the cheaper players as you will need to spend a fair amount to sign the 20 needed.

Also check out the free players list - Maicon, Martin Caceres + others count towards permits but only wages needed.

Ignore players from Western Europe (France, Spain etc) as they don't need permits. 

Most Eastern European (Serbia, Russia etc) countries do need permits alongside Asian, African and South Americans.

Check for second nationalities e.g. Ronaldinho has second nationality Spanish so no permit needed!

Every player I signed had 50 + caps and the permit was granted first time - no appeals.

Once you have earned the unlockable it will be available in any save you are playing through the preferences tab.

Hope this helps.

how can you tell how many signing you need in order to get the unlockable?

3 hours ago, c2070 said:

how can you tell how many signing you need in order to get the unlockable?

The 20 was how many it took me. I assume it will be similar for all teams.

You get a message in your news feed saying something about the removal of work permits once you've signed enough.