Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Old Football Formations

BatiGoal

10 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

@BatiGoal

Great Tactics most of them are attacking tactics ..  But what about Helenio Herrera tactic the Catenaccio ? 

Is it possible to have it in FMM? 

I know a bit about the history of the Catenaccio but had a quick look what Herrera's exactly looks like. Apparently it was his/Inter's 5-3-2 with a Sweeper. I think that's doable on FMM ;) I'm actually playing a very defensive formation in my "A Defender's Story: 250+ goals" career, a 5-2-2-1 (or 5-4-1). It's defensive but coupled with att. mentality my striker manages to score 74 goals in a season.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I know a bit about the history of the Catenaccio but had a quick look what Herrera's exactly looks like. Apparently it was his/Inter's 5-3-2 with a Sweeper. I think that's doable on FMM ;) I'm actually playing a very defensive formation in my "A Defender's Story: 250+ goals" career, a 5-2-2-1 (or 5-4-1). It's defensive but coupled with att. mentality my striker manages to score 74 goals in a season.

I like to play defensive as well and I hope to see a new solid defensive tactic from you @BatiGoal 

On 12/2/2016 at 23:15, BatiGoal said:

I couldn't help myself but test one of these crazy old formations out. Was wondering if there was still any life in them left and boy did I get an answer to that question. I started a save (My Club) with a mix of 3-5 star players with the appropriate positions and several different preferred roles in order to be able to tweak things as I go. It's a mere test so if things didn't work out it would be the end of it but if it did work out next step would be trying it out with other clubs in other countries. That's what test saves are for.

formation: 1-2-7(1860s - 1870s)

127testform.png

After some tweaking I got these player role combos working pretty well together. Remember, I tweaked as I went into every game. No reloading or replaying any game. All the following results were obtained consecutively. Here it goes.

Game 1

127test1.png

Game 2

127test2.png

Game 3

127test3.png

Game 4

127test4.png

Game 5

127test5.png

Game 6

127test6.png

Game 7

127test7.png

Game 8

127test8.png

Game 9

127test15.png

Game 10

127test14.png

Game 11

127test13.png

Game 12

127test12.png

Game 13

127test11.png

Game 14

127test10.png

Game 15

127test9.png

Games played: 15

Games won: 13

Games drawn: 1

Games lost: 1

Goals for: 65

Goals against: 45

Goal diff.: +20

Conclusion:

I don't know about conclusions tbh. It's just 15 games but what I do know is that even the loudest critic of these crazy formations must at least give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Of course it's unreal, you'd never see something like this in real life anymore. Defense is leaky as hell but the 7 offensive players sure make up for it. That's what we litterally call outscoring the opponent. These old school formations are really fun to play around with and whether you're a fan of them or not they sure may be useful for certain challenges where points don't matter per se but goals do. Don't go mainstream, go outside the box. That makes things really fun and really interesting too. Next step is trying it out with other clubs and do some more testing. I wanted to share this as it may get some interest around Vibe. Let us know how it goes if you do. Goodluck!

Cheers!

Ironically the first international match in which england used this formation ended 0-0

8 minutes ago, lm10 said:

Ironically the first international match in which england used this formation ended 0-0

Yes, true. :D