Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Don't trust the tactics page of opponent team

rseven

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

I've always found it difficult to score from corners with my center backs including this year's game 

Scoring from corners is a dying art in football to be fair, which has been represented in FMM/M in recent years. In previous games though I could always expect 3+ goals from a center back with at least 15 aerial. It's near to impossible to score what I would call traditional centre back goals on FMM2017 however.

When I have scored from corners, its normally been with my striker at the near post. I think I've only had 3 goals from centre backs over the course of about 2 and a half seasons from a couple of saves, 2 of which were from outside the box from the play following a corner. So that's only 1 traditional centre back's goal in 2 and a half years.

The center backs I've been using aren't exactly midgets either. David Wheater, Mark Beevers, Diego Reyes, and Ponttus Jansson all had 16+ aerial after IT. Zach Clough has scored more from corners for me than the lot of them combined (and his aerial is something like 8). I can only think that corner takers have a tendency to aim for the front post rather than the penalty spot or back post.

After the addition of footedness, I have tended to use inswinging corners. Would outswingers work better? Would be interested to know how others have fared with corners so far. Which formations maximise your chances from set pieces? So far I've used an attacking 4-2-3-1 and a 4-5-1 with the wingers pushed on into AMR/L positions. 

Edited by Fish18ish
9 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I also tend to use inswinging  corners because I also tried the other way and most of the time the ball goes straight to the goalkeeper 

In theory a good outswinging corner should be harder for the keeper to get because it is moving away from him and he doesn't want to get stuck in no man's land. Think I might make a poll on inswingers vs outswingers. 

9 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

I've played the game for thousands of hours, thanks. As I said before, use the same formation and corner taker and it'll be the same.

Am I the only one who has had problems getting my team to follow orders with corner takers? I had one striker who wasn't listed in the corner takers, who just loved grabbing the ball and taking the corner anyway...

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Am I the only one who has had problems getting my team to follow orders with corner takers? I had one striker who wasn't listed in the corner takers, who just loved grabbing the ball and taking the corner anyway...

Only time I've seen that is when all of your assigned corner-takers are not on the pitch then it's semi-random(?) or based on crossing attribute(?). haven't bothered much with figuring it out exactly.

6 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

In theory a good outswinging corner should be harder for the keeper to get because it is moving away from him and he doesn't want to get stuck in no man's land. Think I might make a poll on inswingers vs outswingers. 

IRL stats show that inswinging corners have a better goal ratio. Though I can't say if the match represents this well enough.

Random stats from league 2: https://footballperformanceanalysis.com/2013/07/23/what-is-the-most-effective-tactic-to-score-corner-goal-in-league-2/

23 hours ago, Alari said:

IRL stats show that inswinging corners have a better goal ratio. Though I can't say if the match represents this well enough.

Random stats from league 2: https://footballperformanceanalysis.com/2013/07/23/what-is-the-most-effective-tactic-to-score-corner-goal-in-league-2/

I wasn't saying which was better, just what a good outswinger is supposed to be like.

Edited by Fish18ish