Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Armstrong shooting for 1000 goals

Scratch

38 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Tough season there but getting the England could be the boost you need. Keeping him fit seems to be the vital thing here.

Thanks. Now that we're into the new season and he's fully recovered from his injuries, his 'real' attributes are clear: He's lost a point from each of the Physical attributes, but the rest is about the same. Much better than I was thinking at one point, so yep, if I can keep him fit, he should be able to keep scoring. 

Edited by scratch99
4 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah tense is right.. Every time I'm ready to write it off, something happens that gives me hope again!

Thanks for the tip on training. I just tweaked it: I now have Fitness and Attacking as intensive and Tactics and Motivational as light. I think that's one step down on a normal workload which may help him, but hopefully keeps up the important attributes. Might need to tweak that as we go I guess.

You might wanna watch out with fitness on intensive. It will wear him out on physical part, and those are the stats who drop when he ages.

My setup for attacking players over 30, who either complain or get injuries more often is as followed:

Fitness - Medium

Tactics - Intensive

Attacking - intensive

Gk - none

Defensive - light

Motivational - light

Also i use two prevention physios

Might be obvious but if it helps no harm in sharing :) Good luck with next season m8!

50 minutes ago, PriZe said:

You might wanna watch out with fitness on intensive. It will wear him out on physical part, and those are the stats who drop when he ages.

Interesting, I'll try Fitness on Medium and see what happens.

I've had it on Intensive since he was a wee lad. His natural physical attributes are all a point or so below what he's had throughout his career and the Intensive Fitness training pushed them up a bit. When he was in his early twenties or so I went back to Medium and they dropped down straight away, so I put it back to Intensive and they went back up again. But I haven't tried changing it since.

I'm a bit worried that dropping back to Medium will see his attributes drop down straight away, but I guess I need to weigh that up against permanently wearing him out. Anyway, I'll experiment with it... Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Bloody hell this is going to go down to the wire! Potentially tightest 1kc to come to mind! Nervously excited for you! 

Thanks mate... I still think he'll fall a bit short, but if so it won't be for lack of trying! :)

Well I just found out the hard way that when you choose Remove From Nation it wipes your form and your training history. So there may not be any pretty form graphs in next years updates as I will be Adding and Removing him from the national squad on a regular basis.

I'll try to remember to get a screenshot of it before I remove him and then stitch them together later, but I;m not sure that's going to work...

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Interesting, I'll try Fitness on Medium and see what happens.

I've had it on Intensive since he was a wee lad. His natural physical attributes are all a point or so below what he's had throughout his career and the Intensive Fitness training pushed them up a bit. When he was in his early twenties or so I went back to Medium and they dropped down straight away, so I put it back to Intensive and they went back up again. But I haven't tried changing it since.

I'm a bit worried that dropping back to Medium will see his attributes drop down straight away, but I guess I need to weigh that up against permanently wearing him out. Anyway, I'll experiment with it... Thanks!

Yep, sure enough, he went from 17/14/11 to 16/13/10 (Pace/Stamina/Strength) within a week or so of me changing it. I've added it back on to Intensive hoping it will go back up again, but no change after a couple of weeks. We'll see what happens, but I'd appreciate any more advice about this?

Am I better to write off the extra points that Intensive Fitness training was giving in order to prolong his career? Or should I keep him on Intensive Fitness and drop off other stuff instead?

In real life, I think it's often the players who are intense about fitness training that seem to defy the odds and prolong their careers, so I was assuming that would be similar within the game. 

20 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

This is going to be really close mate. I have faith though that you can pull it off. KIU

Thanks mate, we'll see. Taking it one game at a time. ;)

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah tense is right.. Every time I'm ready to write it off, something happens that gives me hope again!

Thanks for the tip on training. I just tweaked it: I now have Fitness and Attacking as intensive and Tactics and Motivational as light. I think that's one step down on a normal workload which may help him, but hopefully keeps up the important attributes. Might need to tweak that as we go I guess.

I think that's the one I had for my 1K guy Villalibre as well. It kept his attr and especially his stamina stable.

14 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I think that's the one I had for my 1K guy Villalibre as well. It kept his attr and especially his stamina stable.

Great, thanks for that. His physical attributes went back to 17/14/11 after a couple of weeks on Intensive. I'll leave him on that all the way through I think, and just give him less overall (reduce other areas) to keep him fresh.

12 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

Oooo what tactic are you rocking??

These are the main tactics I use:

armstrong-season2-09.thumb.jpg.54a5472f4

armstrong-season2-09a.thumb.jpg.97216312

It's very tailored towards Armstrong. I need to keep people away from him to give him space (so no AMC, no other forwards) and I need to get the ball into him quickly (Direct and Centre). He loses a lot of headers, but he scores a lot of goals. Any other formation ends up with other players scoring long goals, while he has to duck out of the way, or him passing it off to other people for them to score...

I also use this formation as a backup when people are parking the bus against us:

armstrong-season08-formation.png.b37511a

Really interesting tactics. I love the alternative 2-def formation :laugh:

Re your main one, I'd love to know the amount of combined assists your wingers provide. It may not be that much but keeping play wide and opponent's defs/backs away from the box thus creating space for Armstrong is quite smart. Playing thru center on top of that and you got yourself goals coming from a specific player. Looks like a well thought out plan for goal- based challenges. Nice one, mate!

19 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Re your main one, I'd love to know the amount of combined assists your wingers provide. It may not be that much but keeping play wide and opponent's defs/backs away from the box thus creating space for Armstrong is quite smart. Playing thru center on top of that and you got yourself goals coming from a specific player. Looks like a well thought out plan for goal- based challenges. Nice one, mate!

It really depends on the season and who's playing on the wings. One year Coman had 34 assists. Other years, the most a winger has provided is about 10 or 15. In those years, typically one of the central midfielders provide a lot more assists. So it shifts around depending on who's in the team and how good they are. 

I do think the wingers are underused a bit in that formation, because we often go straight into the box instead of playing it down to them. The wingbacks get quite a few assists too (10 to 15 each), which of course means they are bypassing the wingers. But it seems to work and if I get the wingers more involved, they typically score more rather than assist more.

Oh I just noticed that the above screenshot (which is old) has FB LD LD FB. Now that I have better players, I use WB CD CD WB (sometimes with a BPD in there depending on who's playing). But the rest is the same.

Season 13 Update 

Season 12 was a nightmare, with Armstrong suffering a series of injuries and his attributes seriously degrading as a result. We enter Season 13 just hoping he can get his fitness back and stay injury free. Goals will come if he can do that, but if he keeps suffering injuries, then the end is near...

Injuries

This was a long section last update, but will thankfully be a small one this time: Armstrong suffered no injuries this season! This may have been Lady Luck balancing things up, or it could have been due to his paranoid manager applying plenty of cotton wool! He was substituted as soon as he hit 80% and I gave him the odd game off (when he was already 100%).

We left Armstrong looking like this last season:armstrong-season12-15.png

Thankfully he bounced back to almost his previous levels:armstrong-injury.png

He lost a point from each of his physical attributes during the comeback, but I think that was because he turned 31 rather than because of the injuries themselves. This is what he looked like going into the season (not as good as he was, but still okay):
armstrong-season13-01.png

Transfers

Nothing really to report on the transfer front this year. We sold some players who were not quite going to cut it (but who will probably be very good players for someone else). We brought in a couple of good free agents as backups. We turned down a £50M bid for Castro, our biggest star, only to see his attributes fall off the cliff as he turned 32. Should have sold him, but no real need financially. We'll probably move him on next season as he's not going to get much playing time.

England Adventure

In previous updates, I talked about the possibility of taking the England job. It was never in my plans and ideally, I'd prefer for Armstrong to score 1000 goals for Celtic, but had the job been free, I would have taken it. Unfortunately, despite a brief time as Insecure, Gareth Southgate clung fiercely to the job. 

Well:
armstrong-season13-02.png

I wasn't amongst the favourites, but I applied and given that I'm ranked in the top 10 managers in the world (between 2 and 9 mostly), this was the response:
armstrong-season13-03.png

Interesting that their expectations were so low. Their rank had slipped down to 28, which I guess explains it, but Gareth was probably lucky to last so long before being sacked. Not that I did much better. England were ... England. Promise so much, deliver so little. In fact, I've taken them down to position 38! 

First up, we came second in the European International League group, behind France on goal difference. I regret not parking the bus on our 2-2 draw with Scotland - if we hadn't conceded at the end, we would have gone through to the next round. Apart from that, we drew some qualifiers we should have won, following by two big wins (hat-tricks to Armstrong on both occasion). 
armstrong-season13-07.png

armstrong-season13-08.png

I used the same tactics as Celtic, but the England players aren't as good as mine, so it didn't work as well. I called up up all my Englishmen as they are good and fit my tactics. I made Tanner (who seems remarkably like Steven Gerrard) the England Captain. Boardman plays beside him in the midfield and Sessegnon and Matsumoto are the wingbacks. Armstrong of course up front. Bates on the bench.

The media can't seem to understand why either Armstrong or Bates are in the squad. Fair enough for Bates as I rarely play him, but Armstrong is the reigning World Player Of The Year... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
armstrong-season13-06.png

Anyway, Armstrong started the year with only 5 caps and 0 goals.
armstrong-season13-04.png

He ended it with 13 caps and 9 goals.
armstrong-season13-05.png

So that's another 9 goals closer to 1000. Mind you, before those two hat-tricks at the end of the season, I was wondering if it was worth all the effort! It really did slow the season down.

Goals

The Form screenshots are unreliable this year. When you use Remove From Nation on a player, it wipes their club form and after that some strange things happen. It fills up 20 spots properly, then stops and new games aren't added. Anyway, this is the best I could get after mashing various screenshots together. 

He got off to a flying start as per the teaser in the last update:
armstrong-season13-09.png

And did alright in the second half of the season as well, although he faded at the end:
armstrong-season13-10.png

He scored 4 goals several times and even managed a 5 goal effort:
armstrong-season13-12.png

He ended up with 65 goals in 50 games.
armstrong-season13-17.png

I think if he'd been younger, he would have kicked on and got even more (and I wouldn't have rested him so much), but that's a pretty good total at this stage. It takes him to 742 goals for Celtic in 13 seasons, plus 9 for England under my management, for a total of 751 goals:
armstrong-season13-chart.PNG

At this stage last year, I was thinking we had no chance, but this has been a great year.

Results

Another great season, winning everything:
armstrong-season13-16.png

For some reason, the Champions League is not listed under competitions. It was right up until we won it, then it disappeared. Some things are definitely flaky when managing both club and country.

Anyway, we won the league comfortably, going 34-4-0 with 113 goals for and 13 against. We won the Scottish Cup Final 3-0 over Rangers and the Betfred Cup Final 3-0 over Dundee (all three coming in extra time!). No Euro Super Cup or Club World Championship this year.

In the Champions League, we went through on away goals against Juventus (2nd year in a row), then beat Man Utd 4-0, then Barcelona 4-3, then Athletico Madrid on penalties (half the game with 10 men) in the Final to claim another Champions League trophy. 
armstrong-season13-14.png

Awards

Armstrong picked up his 4th World Player of the Year award:
armstrong-season13-11.png

And the Scottish Premiership Player of the Year award again:
armstrong-season13-15.png

And I was Manager of the Year again. :) 

The Future

A lot of positives this year. Armstrong's attributes fluctuated a bit, but they ended up pretty much the same as at the start of the year. He can still score goals at 32 years old. He stayed injury free which was so important.

But does he want to keep going? When I offered him a new contract at the end of the year, he only asked for 1 year. He's always asked for 4. I gave him 4 anyway and he accepted, but I hope he's not thinking about ramping up his golfing game anytime soon... 

And that leaves us with 249 goals to go. Still a long way to go, but probably achievable in 4 or 5 seasons, if he doesn't degrade too quickly. I should hire Jermain Defoe as his fitness coach. Anyway, we'll see you next year!

Fantastic season. I thought it was probably over but man it's back on track with the England job. Keep Armstrong fit and you'll make the 1K. You have to!

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Fantastic season. I thought it was probably over but man it's back on track with the England job. Keep Armstrong fit and you'll make the 1K. You have to!

Thanks! Still a long way to go. He lost 3 points of speed out of nowhere (no injury or anything) and international goals are proving hard to come by this season, so jury is still out on this one. :)

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

You've pulled this out the fire! It'll be tight as but it's possible! Just have to hope he can last! 

Thanks. Yep, just need to hope he lasts. I think this season will be fine, but not sure he'll hold together long enough... 

added 0 minutes later
5 hours ago, PriZe said:

Pfff in his thirties... always exciting years, for now it looks like your all set for the 1kc m8!! 

I think we might have different ideas on exciting! Maybe for him, but nerve-wracking for his manager! :) 

Okay, this is a short aside about the England job: I can't seem to make England work.

The players aren't as good as Celtic, which requires me to spend more time trying to make things work, but I just don't have the patience for it. I want to get on with the smooth oiled machine of Celtic and keep ticking towards 1000 for Armstrong, not start all over again trying to sort out a dysfunctional team. 

This game pretty much sums up what's happening:
cheap-goal-1.png

We go behind early on, then equalise, then take the lead, only to immediately surrender it. We almost take the lead again, but it's disallowed, then the opposition team scores the winner in stoppage time. And this is the sort of goal we're giving away:

Pure farce! And it's not like he's a bad goalkeeper:
cheap-goal-3.png

Decisions of 19 and Kicking of 17, no problems with pressure and he still does that. He's one of my ex youth players, who didn't quite make it at Celtic, but he never did that when he was an inexperienced youngster (and I used to play him a lot).

The only good performers are the Celtic players, probably because their morale is so high.
cheap-goal-2.png

Which leads me onto the next point: the tools aren't really there. There's no way to motivate England players. I can't interact with them and I can't hire motivational coaches. I can't hire a faith healer or get Uri Geller in to talk to the team. They're just a grumpy bunch intent on self destructing.

There's no extended squad or separate shortlist for England, so when I remove an injured player, I have to remember to look him up later and promote him again. I guess I could use the load/save shortlist function to maintain separate shortlists for Celtic and England, but that seems overly complicated (let me know if I'm missing something!). 

And before you ask the obvious questions about the match highlighted above, I should say "Yes, it is my fault we lost". I didn't close down the match at the end and take the safe draw, I was pushing for a winner. I didn't go defensive right after going 2-1 ahead, I wanted more goals for Armstrong.

I don't have to do any of these things with Celtic anymore and frankly I can't be bothered taking the extra time to do them for England. In the end, I guess I will persist, at least until they sack me, because I really need the extra goals for Armstrong. But I'm not enjoying it...
Edited by scratch99

Hey scratch99. I stumbled upon this community about a month ago and I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading your (and BGs) efforts at this challenge. I sense a bit of frustration with the whole England thing, and I don't know whether you still have faith that you can complete the challenge it, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm right behind you, willing you to get it done. Go on my son!

I don't know how you guys do it, I've had a few stabs on my game with Ze Gomes at Celtic and Osimhen at Legia and I've just found it so difficult!

2 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

Hey scratch99. I stumbled upon this community about a month ago and I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading your (and BGs) efforts at this challenge. I sense a bit of frustration with the whole England thing, and I don't know whether you still have faith that you can complete the challenge it, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm right behind you, willing you to get it done. Go on my son!

I don't know how you guys do it, I've had a few stabs on my game with Ze Gomes at Celtic and Osimhen at Legia and I've just found it so difficult!

Thanks - that means a lot to me! It takes a long time to write all this up. I enjoy doing it, but it's great to know others enjoy it too! As for BG, he's a true legend! :)

I'll post the next update in a bit (if I get time!) and I'll have more on the England journey in there. It's a been a good season in general, so feeling pretty happy about it. It's just a lottery as to whether he can last the distance. 

As for how we do it, well, it was harder than I thought to be honest! And takes so long. I've been playing this career for a couple of months now...

At first the team wasn't that good and Armstrong wasn't scoring as much as I saw in other peoples attempts, but I just kept going. I bought and sold a lot of players and slowly improved the team. It probably wasn't until season 6 or 7 that the team became really good and once I reached that point, it got a lot easier. Also, I had to tweak that tactic to get it to really work with Armstrong. 

Anyway, I hope you get back to it with another attempt - if you do, post how you're going and I'll definitely read along! :)

Season 14 Update 

Season 13 was a very good season for Armstrong. We enter Season 14 hoping for a repeat... And above all we want him to stay fit.

Injuries

It's telling that this is now the first section of these updates. A serious injury at this stage could finish Armstrong's career. Even a moderate injury could mean a serious loss of his attributes. 

Thankfully, we had another injury free season. Armstrong got lots of knocks and 4 times this resulted in the green plus sign, but in each case he'd just suffered a loss of Condition, not an actual injury. Phew!
armstrong-season14-12.png

Skills

At this stage of his career, his skills (attributes) are slowly slipping away. He wasn't looking too bad until a couple of months into the season, when his Pace went from 17 down to 14 overnight. His Stamina, Strength and Decisions all dropped a point too, leaving him like this:
armstrong-season14-02.png

He recovered one point of Pace throughout the season, but lost another point of Stamina, leaving him like this at the end of the season:
armstrong-season14-16.png

This was his degradation over the course of the season:
armstrong-season14-17.png

Not too steep thankfully, but he is eroding away before our eyes. Thankfully, it didn't impact on his goal scoring too much this year, but it is a worry for the future. Luckily he is surrounded by great teammates, who can carry him a little and just let him sit in the box and score.

Transfers

Lots of movement this year. We tried to improve our choice in the attacking midfield line. We already had some very good players, but were hoping to get in some world class players. Our biggest signing was Romuald Guilbert for £47.5M from Juventus. Then this happened:
armstrong-season14-03.png

Yes, out injured for 2 months playing for France, while our supporters were still celebrating his signing outside our ground. They weren't too happy as they went home for tea... Still he proved a good addition when he was fit.

We also brought in Fede Sampaoli £31M from Liverpool and Marcelo Augusto de Oliveira on a mid-season free from Fluminese (worth £30M after signing). Neither of these guys worked out at all, averaging in the mid 6 range. Their attributes showed them as world beaters, but they just couldn't adjust. They're both still at the club, but I'm trying to find them new homes. 

A few other promising players came in and lots of fringe players left, some of them who used to be quite important for us: Xavi Resino who was a star winger for a couple of years, Felix Passlack who was our first choice right back for about 8 years, Castro as mentioned in the last update, Gareth Bates who featured previously in a update (coming off the bench to score 4 to get us through against Barcelona), Augusto Diogo a promising youngster who grew into a very good DLP and was first choice off the bench for many years. And a bunch of others. Bye fellas, I'll miss you...

Tactics

As mentioned previously, my primary formation has been 4 3 2 1, with counter attacking and direct passing. That was custom made for Armstrong after lots of testing. However, with Armstrong losing pace and stamina this year, it stopped working so well. He used to have Pace of 18 which saw him score a lot of goals on the counter, but this dried right upwhen his Pace dropped to 14. And being the lone striker was always hard on him, but with his Stamina dropping from 15 to 12, he had trouble lasting beyond 60 minutes. 

Time to look for a new formation! I settled on this:
armstrong-season14-01.png

It had been in the back of my mind for a long time. In fact I bought Contento about 5 or 6 years previously, with a view to partnering him with Armstrong, but never got around to it. He's not selfish and he has a passing attribute of 20, which I was hoping would mean he'd pass more often than other forwards.

This worked well at first, with some hat-tricks for Armstrong and generally bigger victories. Armstrong passed a lot more, while still having about the same number of shots and there were less missed headers. However, it stopped working so well after a while. Contento had not been playing that well at first, when Armstrong had been scoring well, but once he came into form he took a larger share of the goals.

After 20 games, Armstrong had 21 goals, which wasn't as much as I'd hoped and I decided to abandon the experiment. I reverted to the tried and true 4 3 2 1 formation, but dropped the counter attacking. He was too slow for it anyway, but also I think he was running more (dropping back, then dashing forward), which he no longer has the stamina for.

Most of his goals come from in the box now, compared to more of a mix in the past, but the end result is the same. And he seems to last a little longer in the games (70 to 75 minutes) without the extra running to counter attack, so it seems to be working for now anyway.

Goals

Armstrong was really very good this year. Here's the first half of the season:
armstrong-season14-part1.png

And the second half (fantastic form at the end of the season):
armstrong-season14-part2.png

He scored 4 goals three times, showing he can still dominate a game:
Spoiler

armstrong-season14-07.png

armstrong-season14-08.png

armstrong-season14-14.png

And the media loved it:

armstrong-season14-09.png

He ended up with 71 goals in 53 games.
armstrong-season14-18.png

Fantastic result given his diminishing skills. It takes him to 813 goals for Celtic in 14 seasons, plus 13 for England under my management, for a total of 826 goals:
armstrong-season14-chart.PNG

All in all, this has been one of his best years.

Results

Another good season, but we were dumped out of the Champions League at the Quarter Final stage:
armstrong-season14-15.png

We beat Sevilla 5-0 in the first stage, but then Barcelona beat us 3-0 over two legs. It was another case of us having more shots, but at the end of the day, theirs went in and ours didn't. It was a shock though - I can't remember the last time we weren't in the final.
Spoiler

armstrong-season14-10.png

armstrong-season14-11.png

We won the league again, going 36-1-1 with 134 goals for (our highest ever) and 11 against, making this our best goal difference (123) that I can recall. We won the Scottish Cup Final 5-0 over Hearts (4 to Armstrong!), the Betfred Cup Final 4-0 over St Johnstone, the Euro Super Cup Final 6-1 over Tottenham and the Club World Championship Final 3-1 over Seattle.

Awards

Armstrong was runner-up in the World Player of the Year award this year, with the shock being that his teammate Anthony Boardman was the winner:
armstrong-season14-06.png

Armstrong was the Scottish Premiership Player of the Year award again (Boardman being the runner-up) and I was Manager of the Year again:
armstrong-season14-13.png

Engerland 

In my previous mini-update, I expressed some frustrations with international management. However, the very next game we beat Iceland 3-0, meaning we topped the group (just!) and are going to the World Cup!
armstrong-season14-04.png

I haven't played that yet and I'll leave those adventures for another mini-update, but I'm quite excited! Despite being a proud Aussie, I'm also an England supporter. That goes back to me living in England during France 98 and living and breathing that World Cup. There was no way to escape it, but I wasn't complaining - I loved it. Soaking up the endless coverage on the tv and in the papers. Listening to them discuss it on 5-Live. Watching the games at the pub. Playing it on Fifa. Singing along to Fat Les' Vindaloo and Baddiel & Skinner's Three Lions in the car. Golden times, despite the results.

And I've followed England ever since. Australia will always be my first team, but against anyone else, I'm cheering for England. And they've promised so much and delivered so little. I may not have the full consignment of years of hurt, but I have quite enough of them thank you very much. And now it's my chance to fix that!

I'm keeping my head firmly on my shoulders though - it's going to be tough because we're not that good. Thankfully, the England board agree. They'll be happy if we just get out of the group and don't get too embarrassed.
armstrong-season14-05.png

Hmm, Chile, Iran and the Ivory Coast. Sounds doable to me! And hopefully we'll get some goals for Armstrong along the way.

The Future

Only 174 goals to go. We can see the finish line now. But we can also see him aging before our very eyes. That didn't slow him down this year, but how long can he keep this up? Hopefully the answer is "another 3 years"!
Edited by scratch99

Fantastic stuff! What a season again. I think I'll be miserable for weeks if you don't make it. You deserve it. Playing for months the career just becomes part of you. And it'll be so sweet re-reading your journey a few months later.

It's going great. Keep him playing as much as you can without forcing injuries and those attributes won't drop as quickly. YOU GOT THIS!

Great recovery! Have you tried bumping up his motivation training to medium or intensive? I've never done it myself but it's supposed to keep the stats from going down a bit better which is all you need to do for a couple more years..

11 minutes ago, veerus said:

Great recovery! Have you tried bumping up his motivation training to medium or intensive? I've never done it myself but it's supposed to keep the stats from going down a bit better which is all you need to do for a couple more years..

This is the time where details can make a huge difference. Sometimes even the difference between success and failure. I don't have much experience on these sort of training regimes either but definitely worth considering. Good advice!

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

I can't watch yet I can't look away! 

I'm the same. Too close. At this point, I figure he's probably going to get to 999 goals and retire! :)