Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BatiGoal

Fairy Tale Award

Who's going to be this season's Leicester City? Which team is going to shock the world?

Those are the questions I've been asked countless of times. It's what makes football so unpredictable. Any team can beat any team and eventhough it doesn't happen everyday, the mere possibility of it happening makes this game so exciting and beautiful. Perhaps it will be Leicester once again. Maybe Belgian side Zulte-Waregem who're doing extremely well again this season topping their league. Real Sociedad and Eibar are also one of the contenders sitting 5th and 7th respectively in La Liga. Atalanta Bergamo are another team you need to keep your eye on coming off a 7-game winning streak lying 5th in Serie A. These overachievers aren't to be ruled out yet for the Fairy Tale Award despite being a few games short of the New Year's break. They're all playing good football and as I said, anything can happen in this game.

However, there's a few more teams that are doing really well this season, beyond anyone's expectation. They're overachieving and all 3 are topping their respective league; Bundesliga (Germany), Ligue 1 (France) and Super Lig (Turkey). Why are they doing so well? Great manager? Quality squad? Luck? I think it's a combination of everything which is why I'd like to see what squad players these teams have, who their most talented players are and what their starting 11 looks like.

Let's have a look at my 3 top contenders for the Fairy Tale Award

2015-2016 season: 2.Bundesliga (promoted), 2016-2017 season: Currently 1st.

Leipziglogonew.png

5 Best CA/PA Players - 5 Top Players

Leipzigtop10.png

Recommended Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Att.

Leipzigformation.png

2015-2016 season: Finished 4th, 2016-2017 season: Currently 1st.

Nicelogonew.png

Nicetop10.png

Recommended Starting Line-up: 3-5-1-1

Niceformation.png

2015-2016 season: Finished 4th, 2016-2017 season: Currently 1st.

Istanbullogonew.png

Istanbultop10.png

Recommended Starting Line-up: 4-4-2 Def.

Istanbulformation.png

All three have tremendous potential. Leipzig have a decent transfer budget to buy additional players. Nice have just 3M after re-adjusting the budget into a positive balance and Istanbul Basaksehir have very little for squad additions but all these teams have a great mix of young and experienced players. Above are mere recommended starting line-ups but I believe they're the best since (most of) the top-10 players in each squad are starters in their best position. It's also important to note that the best way go about it is to create a formation for the players and squad you inherit and not the other way round. Only once 1 or 2 transfer windows pass would I advise you to pick your preferred formation and then get the suitable players for it. Results in the first weeks matter a lot and set the tone for the rest of the season so a gradual transition works best in most cases.

These are my picks for the Fairy Tale Award. I hope I inspired some of you to go out and try to use one of these teams to make them the very best in their country.

Thank you for reading and let me know which teams you believe are in contention for the Fairy Tale Award.

Edited by BatiGoal