Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat EME - Kind on player health?

I have been spending a couple of weeks trying to force myself to get into the EME. 

As you would expect from someone who exclusively used the OME, I am seeing so many differences, some good some bad. 

The thing I can't get away from is how kind the Enhanced Match Engine seems to be on players health. Player fitness and Injuries. 

I always run test saves with Bayern to try and come up with a 'wonder tactic ' that I will stick with for the games lifespan. Now this is very boring and basically sees me playing the same 20 games a hundred times making 1 tweak each time. I make no subs and try to change the starting 11 as little as possible.

Not the best club to choose with the age of key players and injury prone players such as Roben, Badstuber, Thiago, Martinez, Ribery, Vidal etc. 

Now on the OME it is impossible for Roben  and Thiago to play 2 or 3 full games in a row and at Least 2 or 3 of the above players will get injured for a good length of time. This is using different tactics/player roles over hundreds of saves. 

Now doing the same on the EME and I'm finding I can play the same players for 7 full games in a row and they still have full fitness bars before the next game. Sure not 100% but 93% etc. Injuries seem much fewer as well. 

I can only comment on Bayern but as I say, my evidence is over hundreds of games. My experience is the EME is incredibly kind to player health compared to the OME. Other evidence is purely hypothetical but I often wondered how people get so much playing time out of their players in the Career section. Maybe I have answered my own question. 

I would be interested in the views of others that spend a lot of time on both engines. 

I plan to do a direct comparison over the weekend. 

Edited by billy2shots

interesting! I feel the opposite! Anyone with stamina below greens struggles to play more then 75 min (if you  sub at 75% condition), and i see more injuries, at least more "long injuries".

Recently i switched too two prevention physios and i have a feeling (no evidence) the injuries have dropped slightly.

On the OME  i would always "kill" the youngsters with IT and by having the injuries in the B team it seems like the A team got sparred way more.

i do agree Billy, my first OME save this year after playing a lot of the EME and my first thought was about how my players percent nose dived on the OME. I kinda assumed it was more a trick with the OME being quicker so feeling like it fell quicker etc. However when playing FMM I always sub at the same times, on the EME I usually have a couple players that i could change at this point (BBM etc) while on the OME almost all my team will be on low percent etc. 

Slight tangent, but I wonder how both match engines treat condition during the game (not injuries, but actual match performance). Are they the same? Or does a player's performance drop off at different points?

I'd guess a player's condition may have more of a 'realistic' effect in the EME - maybe affect individual calculations of whether they reach the ball first or how hard they strike the ball etc - whereas maybe it would be a little more of a flat performance penalty in the OME.

No idea of course. They may treat it exactly the same in both for all I know! It would be great to hear more about how this works from someone from SI if someone can share some details on this.

Billy I have been doing exactly the same thing testing wise. I create a formation and use the IGE to quickly put potential players that could fill the position in my team. I then save the game before the first friendly is played and then play roughly the same 20 - 25 games over and over making slight changes every new save. This year I've chosen Man Utd as my team.

Until this year I only used OME as last year I tried EME but it was far too slow and boring. I stopped playing FMM earlier this year due to becoming tired of the same rubbish OME had to offer. I tried using different formations this year on OME but grew tired after testing religiously for 5 or 6 days.

I've since tried EME and after some days of testing I will never go back to OME. I have found the following while using EME...

1 - Player fitness is generally much better. Nearly all of my players can play game after game without being subbed off (As you've already stated).

Because of this I won't need anywhere near as big a squad as I would have using OME.

I did notice after playing the same players over and over, that 2 or 3 of my players condition deteriated quicker and quicker during matches as the season went on. Their stamina stayed the same though. I just left them out for a few games which seemed to do the trick.

2 - EME is much quicker this year. I occasionally watch the game but generally I have commentary only at the fastest speed possible, and the game seems the same speed as OME. I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Don't know if that makes the game quicker or not...

3 - Tactics actually work!! I had read on this site that EME is more difficult than OME. I cannot disagree more. I've tried some crazy formations and tactics that work quite well. I've also sailed halfway through the league on 4 occasions without losing a league game. On the 1 full season I played I won everything. In the league I won 35 and drew 3. Only loss i had was in a 2 legged European Cup game - which I still went through.

4 - No more 1 shot 1 goal for the opposition! I hated how often that used to happen on OME and the excuses people used to make for it happening. Like it evening the game out or it happens in real life etc. It doesn't! Not that frequently anyway.

5 - Injuries are slightly harsh this year using the default training. Don't know if match engine makes a difference or not. I was making changes to training to see a difference in injuries but they were basically the same. In the end I cranked up training to silly levels and injuries stayed the same so that's how I'll leave it.

I'm sure there's more but I keep being interrupted at the minute :-D 

All in all EME has brought back my passion for this game.