Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbrown172

10 Years Into The Future - Martin Odegaard

Introduction

10 years in football is a long time. Teams either rise or fall, managers come and go, and ultimately, some players become world superstars.

In this new series, I'll be simulating 10 years into the future of Football Manager Mobile 2017, to see just how much the football landscape changes.

The second part of the series will be focused on Real Madrid's Martin Odegaard, who joined the club from Stromsgodset in 2015, at the age of just 16 years old.

Screenshot_20161124-232013.png

His stats are bery impressive, considering the young Norway international is just 17-years-old.

His dribbling, passing and technique attributes stand out the most from the rest, as he is already possessing skills of a world-class attacking midfielder.

His staggering value of £7.5m also shows that he is rated very highly at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

Finally.. imagine earning £85,000 a week at the age of 17?! 

Let's move on now into the year 2026..

Screenshot_20161126-001625.png

Not quite as you'd expect. Now playing in Germany with Borussia Dortmund, you can see that his stats, as expected, have improved since 2016, with stats such as creativity and pace upgrading to green stats.

Despite the improvement stats-wise, his value has dramatically dropped all the way down to £2.9m, making him affordable for most Premier League and Championship clubs (Although his £80,000-a-week wage may be a bit of an obstacle).

If we look at the international aspect, he has become a regular figure in the Norway national team, although 3 goals in 51 games for Norway is pretty poor, considering he plays within the final third of the pitch.

Achievements

Screenshot_20161202-143423.png

During his time with Borussia Dortmund, he has managed to win the Bundesliga and the German cup, which is pretty impressive considering the domination of Bayern Munich over the last few years.

A runner-up place in the Champions League final is also an impressive achievement, although a winners medal would obviously have been even better.

Transfers

Screenshot_20161202-143431.png

Just the one transfer for Odegaard during the 10 year simulation, and it proved to be quite an expensive one. £24m for a player who was demoted to the Real Madrid B team, scoring no goals and making just 5 assists the season before, is steep.

His 2026 value also proves that the £24m paid by Dortmund 7 years previous is a bit hefty, to say the least.

Let's hope Odegaard's career doesn't go down the drain as much as Football Manager Mobile 2017 has suggested.

Thank you for reading part 2, and I hope you enjoyed it.

Part 3 will be out next week. Happy weekend everyone!

He's never gone on to achieve great things in most of the careers I've played on the last 2 FMMs. Even when I've taken over Real with him still at the club I've never been able to get him consistent. 

Great series - looking forward to the next one! 

I think Odegaard either flops completely, or he becomes world class. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Thank you all!

Part 3 will be out next week, and will look at Bayer Leverkusen's Jonathan Tah.

He isn't quite the player he was in FMM 16, though admittedly there is a range of PA values between saves. But he hasn't turned out great in the two saves I had (mostly because of lack of first team football at RM). Interesting to see how differently he can turn out though @samhardy

The small price in your case is the contract running out. While a world class player would no doubt be still at least 10m even with contract running out, doesn't look like Odegaard turned out world class in that save, so the low value is to be expected.

Edited by Meow
17 hours ago, Mohamed Huzair said:

Hi samhardy, just wanted to know how you got your game interface without the sidebars?

Assuming just because I'm on iOS and sidebars only appear on Android