Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Newest update made AI harder to beat?

Zephrix

So I made a new career as a Real Madrid manager after the newest update and found out that the AI is extremely hard to beat. Before the update, my team used to score an average of about 3 goals per game, now, using the same tactic and pretty much the same players, my team rarely scores now. I had to restart playing my next match 3 times to finally win it (against Bilbao), keep in mind that I'm managing Real Madrid. 

My tactics is 4-3-2-1 (3 MCs, 2 wingers, 1 striker) with wingbacks, central defenders, 2 DLP, 1 APM, left winger as INF, right winger as a winger and finally the striker as a poacher. Instructions are Attacking, Short passing, Short goalkeeper distribution, Normal tackling, Center/Mixed passing focus with OT and Pressure on. It might not be the best formation to score loads of goals with but I always want my striker to score most of the goals, plus, before the update, I got my striker to score 70+ goals in a season, so it's definitely not my formation. Any ideas?

That is a very lightweight midfield trio. Switch out a DLP for a BBM or BWM and your tactic should be a bit more robust (yes I know Real Madrid lack these types of players, but you'll have to shoehorn someone into it, or buy a suitable player).

Sometimes these lightweight midfields work if you have all of the ball, so you may have just been getting a bit lucky before.

I'm having the same problem with 4 3 2 1. I guess it could just be coincidence, but here's what happening for me:

First the formation:

armstrong-season2-09.jpg

Results before the latest update:

4321-not-working-1.png

Results after the latest update:

4321-not-working-2.png

Striker scoring about a goal a game before the update:

4321-not-working-4.png

Striker has only scored 5 goals in the next 13 games after the update:

4321-not-working-3.png

As I said, it could be coincidence. And I did try a few other formations once that one went off, so some of those 'after' results (maybe about 3) were with different formations, but it's interesting just the same. Is it possible that some of the non match engines changes could have affected the players in a way that has them going into games in a less effective state?

To be fair, since posting above, the next 4 games went: 3-0, 2-0, 1-0, 1-1 and my striker scored 5 times, so it was a little more successful. I guess it's either a coincidence or you get a boost once you complain about something here! ;)

Also if you have used the same tactic for a number of seasons that could be an issue. The AI allegedly 'works you out' after using the same tactic for 2-3 seasons straight.

Anything that makes the opposition harder to beat should be considered a bonus. It just adds to the realism, if a team played the same tactics week after week after week  they'd struggle too, regardless of how good individual players were. 

Leicester got away with it last season, because they were continually under estimated, until it was too late for anyone to stop them, but look at the state they're in this season, Jamie Vardy in particular, teams know exactly how to stop him now. 

Antonio Conte is the latest in a long line of managers to say that managers probably have a three year shelf life at a club, after that, tactics get stale and players get tired of hearing the same guys voice. 

I think this year's game is definitely the most challenging in regards to continued success, or upward momentum, but that's the way it should be 

29 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Anything that makes the opposition harder to beat should be considered a bonus. It just adds to the realism, if a team played the same tactics week after week after week  they'd struggle too, regardless of how good individual players were. 

Leicester got away with it last season, because they were continually under estimated, until it was too late for anyone to stop them, but look at the state they're in this season, Jamie Vardy in particular, teams know exactly how to stop him now. 

Antonio Conte is the latest in a long line of managers to say that managers probably have a three year shelf life at a club, after that, tactics get stale and players get tired of hearing the same guys voice. 

I think this year's game is definitely the most challenging in regards to continued success, or upward momentum, but that's the way it should be 

Definitely, for the first time ever on an FMH/M game I finished lower in a season than in the previous one. I have often felt that it's too easy to have undisputed success too early in saves, but this year's game solves that.

9 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Also if you have used the same tactic for a number of seasons that could be an issue. The AI allegedly 'works you out' after using the same tactic for 2-3 seasons straight.

I've seen lots of talk about this, but nothing official. Is this confirmed? I think it would great if so.

20 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I've seen lots of talk about this, but nothing official. Is this confirmed? I think it would great if so.

Never seen it confirmed, it's widely accepted on here though, but many don't buy the 'opposition works you out' bit.