Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Back To The Future - A Turkish Challenge

Ashez

Back To The Future - A Turkish Challenge 

With 2017 bringing a new league to the table I decided to read up on the history of Turkish football. It's a league I'm not to knowledgable about apart from the basics but straight away I was given this concept. 

Turkish football began due to Englishmen living in the area and the first match took place in the modern day Izmir region in 1875. However Turkish players were prohibited from playing and in 1899 police even raided the field arresting players! Fuat Hüsnü Kayacan is regarded as the first Turkish player in history to play football during 1898 with clubs mainly consisting of English, Greek and Armenian players. The first Turkish based club was called The Black Stockings and they were the club with the police issues before other clubs followed suit. 

This brief backstory brings me on to the challenge itself. The idea of the challenge is to start as a club in the in Turkey and at this club you'll only be allowed to field players with the nationality of English, Greek or Armenian. You'll have one exception however as you will be required to have one Turkish player within your ranks. 

Aim Of The Challenge

Playing as any club in Turkey you have to achieve these honours. 

Win 1 European Trophy

Win 1 League Trophy

Win 2 Turkish Cups

Have Your Turkish Star Win A POTY award at any level 

As none of the Ismir club's are in the top division it means you can't load England (All) which massively hinders the saves potential at these clubs. By all means attempt it with one if you want a really tough challenge but I've decided to open it up to all Turkish clubs to make it more approachable. 

Rules 

1. All Turkish players must be demoted to the reserves and sold, apart from the chosen one. 

2. You can only use/sign players with a Greek, English or Armenia nationality. You can also sign the one Turkish player you intend to use. 

3. The Turkish player can be replaced but you can only have one Turkish player in your squad at any one time. 

4. Own formations only. 

5. No use of the editors

6. No cheating, save reloading is cheating. 

7. Screenshot evidence will be required, I suggest posting a career for us to follow. 

8. No unlockables

Hopefully you like the challenge as I've attempted to blend my style with the one of Danovic78's. All information is taken from Wiki so I apologise if there is any mistakes or anything like that. 

PS - Open to name suggestions for the challenge, none really came to mind. 

Edited by Ashez

Looks like a solid challenge tbh 

I tried a save in Turkey but just couldnt go with it for some reason but the whole game hasnt gone with it either so  that's probably the reason 

24 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Looks like a solid challenge tbh 

I tried a save in Turkey but just couldnt go with it for some reason but the whole game hasnt gone with it either so  that's probably the reason 

I've had some little saves in Turkey but nothing major as yet. My main issue is not many challenge ideas are exciting me ATM, trying to drum up ideas is what led to this challenge idea tbh.

Nice little challenge. I can see some difficulty with the procurement of decent players. English players will be expensive too. 

I'll have to try this one.

10 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Nice little challenge. I can see some difficulty with the procurement of decent players. English players will be expensive too. 

I'll have to try this one.

I've always loved challenges with heavy squad building so the second I saw that the concept was born :). The targets were kept reasonable however as the challenge comes from team building :). 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I've always loved challenges with heavy squad building so the second I saw that the concept was born :). The targets were kept reasonable however as the challenge comes from team building :). 

Absolutely. I love squad building in the game. I did a 100% English team on fmh15 with Southampton which was fun. Jay Rodriguez was a beast.

1 hour ago, kts365 said:

Absolutely. I love squad building in the game. I did a 100% English team on fmh15 with Southampton which was fun. Jay Rodriguez was a beast.

Nice, Vibe has some very good squad based challenges, not sure if all have been reposted though. If you ever want to look into some feel free to PM and I'll see which ones come to mind :)

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nice, Vibe has some very good squad based challenges, not sure if all have been reposted though. If you ever want to look into some feel free to PM and I'll see which ones come to mind :)

Will do mate. cheers

I assume you can change your Turkish player throughout yhe save as long as you only have one? or am I wrong?

It's just struck me that my Turkish player is below the calibre of the top teams in the league and it would be even tougher if you start with a lower league team. I'm Kasimpasa btw.

36 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I assume you can change your Turkish player throughout yhe save as long as you only have one? or am I wrong?

It's just struck me that my Turkish player is below the calibre of the top teams in the league and it would be even tougher if you start with a lower league team. I'm Kasimpasa btw.

Correct, rule 3 mate :). 

Yeah the smaller the club you are the harder the challenge for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Correct, rule 3 mate :). 

Yeah the smaller the club you are the harder the challenge for sure. 

You know I read the rules twice and still missed that.... silly me. I also loaded turkey as the main league.

6 minutes ago, kts365 said:

You know I read the rules twice and still missed that.... silly me. I also loaded turkey as the main league.

No worries, it happens to all of us :) 

Oh, very challenging save then! Best of luck! Going to be posting it? 

54 minutes ago, Ashez said:

No worries, it happens to all of us :) 

Oh, very challenging save then! Best of luck! Going to be posting it? 

Why of course. The team is an eclectic bunch with the lack of English lower leaguers to round the squad out, it's also quite difficult.

36 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Why of course. The team is an eclectic bunch with the lack of English lower leaguers to round the squad out, it's also quite difficult.

Yeah, originally I was going to do the lower league only but it didn't feel appealing enough so I opened it up to all Turkish teams to appeal to more people :).

Why would anyone in their right mind make a challenge like this? Do you hate Turks? This is no different from saying make a squad of all white players and only one black player. Sounds like some segregation rule from United States history. Turkish players were not allowed to play because the English thought they were not worthy to share the same pitch. Systematic racism at the time by not allowing Turkish players to play in their OWN league. I'm surprised no one saw anything wrong with this challenge, also surprised you didn't think twice about this silly challenge.

1 hour ago, HalaDMV said:

Why would anyone in their right mind make a challenge like this? Do you hate Turks? This is no different from saying make a squad of all white players and only one black player. Sounds like some segregation rule from United States history. Turkish players were not allowed to play because the English thought they were not worthy to share the same pitch. Systematic racism at the time by not allowing Turkish players to play in their OWN league. I'm surprised no one saw anything wrong with this challenge, also surprised you didn't think twice about this silly challenge.

I don't think anything was meant by this from @Ashez it's just a challenge he set to play in a gam and nothing more. I'm sure he never meant to cause any offence.

However your attack on him as a person is uncalled for.

I'll admit the concept of the save is dark and more than questionable, I did even have second thoughts about posting it. 

However this is a historical based challenge like many are on Vibe and it is intended for fun, nothing more and nothing less. This challenge no way represents my views or opinions, it was created for people looking for creative ways to do squad based challenges. Squad building by nationality has always been a popular method as there aren't many possible ones due to the way the game works. If we aren't allowed to do that anymore due to offending people and being called racists a massive part of the challenge scene will die. 

As I said this challenge was created in the purpose of being fun to play in game, however if people are genuinely offended by this challenge please let the admin or myself know and it will be taken down. 

1 hour ago, HalaDMV said:

Ive seen saves like this alot and they make great reading. Ive done one prev where you could only have 2 of each nationality in your squad and it was a great laugh. Also it was recommended by a Vibe member. 

I find your lack of imagination disheartening, if you dont like whats being suggested why even comment??