Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Grenoble'GF38 finally wins the Champions league !

Gonzolito

Hello all,

Before totally switching to FM17 I'd like to make a feedback on my one and only career on FM16.

This also stands as a great ode to Tafftastic's 4-4-2 (with working IF) which I used from my 2nd season through the last one, with some slight tuning along.

I started with Monaco, and struggled a bit during my first year with a 4-2-3-1 with 2 IF.  These did not score that much, and I then began reading Vibe and understood there were some issues with the IF. I chose to use Taff's 4-4-2, and here is an example featuring my best team at the time (2020), who destroyed every team on the field. Did not lose any match that year :

Screenshot_20160216-144206.pngScreenshot_20160216-153930.png

Carrillo proved to be a monster associated first with Falcao then with Barbosa. I think y'all know Brandt; Bamba came from Saint-Etienne. Lemar grew awesome, and Pogba was a 105M move from Turin, all that I needed to beef up my midfield :

Screenshot_20160216-153657.pngScreenshot_20160216-153729.png

At that time I had won almost everything. In the meanwhile, after failing 2016 EURO, France called me and I answered the call of duty. I then won every international event until 2030 :

Screenshot_20160216-143011.pngScreenshot_20160216-143136.png

My next personal challenge then became to have only French players in my team, and to play either France / Monaco with the exact same team, which I eventually managed to do (see the date :-P ) :

Screenshot_France.pngScreenshot_Monaco.png

Coman was a match-winner sub of Brandt. Bought Varane, obviously one of the best French CD in the game. Pirès, Fortuné, Sissoko, Rocu, Pelé and Mendy all came from my formation center, which I extensively used to generate a truckload of tremendous young guys.

Here are some milestone matches from my seasons 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 : looks like I really like to beat Spanish teams ;-D ):

Screenshot_20160229-174541.pngScreenshot_20160314-183723.pngScreenshot_20160316-090829.png

At that time, my hometown team managed to be promoted from CFA (lvl4) to National (lvl3) and therefore became playable. Their first season they failed to go to Ligue 2 (lvl2) so the manager was sacked. I quit to manage them. Challenging opportunity to see the GF38 (Grenoble) become the best team in the world. :-D Thanks to Sugar Daddy I had unlocked during my stay at Monaco, I could buy some of the youngsters coming from the formation center at Monaco ; they were becoming unhappy because the new manager kept buying players ignoring the golden mine he had in front of his door. I really forgot to take screenshots at that point, but I managed to win national cup my first season, therefore participate to UEFA League Europa while being in Ligue 2, and win it !

Then I kept winning the Ligue 1 / Champion's league every year, improved my formation center and kept using only French players.

This lead me to another challenge : have an entirely green 20/20 profile, which I manager to do at the end of my 2030/2031 season, having a 100 % young French team. I also lead French Ligue 1 to a five-star reputation league thanks to Monaco and GF38 continuously playing first roles in the European cups. I'm really proud of these last two screenshots :

Screenshot_20161103-085439.pngScreenshot_20161031-183751.png

Hope you read it until now, I promise to make more screenshot next time and see you on FM17 :-D

(And again big up to Taff's 4-4-2 !)

On 12/12/2016 at 18:53, resoag said:

hey dude congrats for the success but it'd be better if you can share the tactics screenshots in english too :)

Here is the basis for the tactics I used ;-) :