Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Clean sheet run

HalaDMV

I want to know how many games you guys have gone without conceding a goal, what team were you, what defenders and tactic did you play?

I'm having trouble keeping cleansheets, usually winning a game by 3 goals then conceding two late goals. Also I concede to lower division teams even when I dominate the game.

1 hour ago, marxistafozzski said:

I have similar trouble...

I play piggs drift 4-3-3, I can score 5 or 6 in some games and still manage to concede, sometimes 2 or 3

Can we see Piggs tactic pls

Think I got around 10 clean sheets on the bounce on my Torino save, but that's in Italy to be fair. It seems as though 'game management' is more important than ever this year. This means that if you have a lead, you have to make conscious tactical adjustments to retain your margin of lead. This could mean switching to a system that focuses on possession (balanced and short passing/distribution) or something that allows the opposition time on the ball but that will make you difficult to break down (bring on a defensive midfielder and go defensive with men behind the ball on.)

If you watch matches in real life, there are rarely clean sheets unless one (or both) team(s) is/are very defensive, or one team is superior at keeping the ball, particularly in the Premier League. Liverpool have only kept 4 clean sheets this season from 16, which is nothing to about about considering they played Middleborough and Sunderland in two of them, games in which Liverpool would've dominated possession. My point is that if you committ a lot to an attack (like Liverpool do) your'e going to be left a bit short at the back.

Most teams settle for a big lead and won't try to extend it too far. Germany against Brazil in the 2014 world cup is a good example. They took a big lead in the first half, and for most of the second half they just kept the ball and frustrated Brazil out of the game. That was the perfect example of game management. A bad example of game management was England versus Iceland in Euro 2016. We went 1-0 up, but immediately panicked and threw away the lead.

Also, pay attention to whether your fixtures are home or away, you'll soon see a pattern .

Edited by Fish18ish
Why does some text come out a different size to the rest for no reason?
18 hours ago, rseven said:

I just did a clean sheet run by 31 matches in my Man Utd save.

Can I see your tactics and defenders and goalie?

1 hour ago, HalaDMV said:

Can I see your tactics and defenders and goalie?

Hi HalaDMV, clean sheet run is some time like a lucky draw. When I did not realize it then it come, when I noticed that it stop.

But anyway, I would say my tactics is in good defense.

Please note I also use big rotation, whole team rotation, you can see my rotation startling, the players are just so so, but they played well in game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by rseven
On December 18, 2016 at 23:45, rseven said:

Hi HalaDMV, clean sheet run is some time like a lucky draw. When I did not realize it then it come, when I noticed that it stop.

But anyway, I would say my tactics is in good defense.

Please note I also use big rotation, whole team rotation, you can see my rotation startling, the players are just so so, but they played well in game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks mate, is this FM Touch on iPad or mobile? Looks different from mine