Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Real_Random

Villareal-A Team Guide

BackgroundIMG_3074.PNG

The "Yellow Submarine" are a team based in Vila-real. Villarreal have were runners up in La Liga in the 2007-08 season. Villarreal are a classic example of a smaller club (when compared to Barcelona or the Madrid teams) doing well. Villarreal are currently qualified to play in the Champions League and their stadium El Madrigal can only hold 25 000 fans.

Expectations

In FMM, the board expect you to gain European qualification and this is a fair expectation. You could possibly go for the Champions Legaue but the current expectations are a good place to start.

IMG_3066.PNG

Key Players

Goalkeeper-Sergio Asenjo

IMG_3065.PNG

Sergio Asenjo is a one time Spanish international (which shows his skill considering Iker Casillas and David De Gea dominate the goalkeeping jersey for Spain) and has nice green stats in three goalkeeping stats and strength. With a bit of IT his kicking, throwing and aerial could go up to 15. First choice starting keeper.

Defender-Mateo MusacchioIMG_3072.PNG

Great technique and tackling and potential for greens in passing and decisions. Without a doubt your first choice centre back.

Midfielder-Bruno

IMG_3075.PNG

The six time Spanish International is a fantastic DLP with 16 passing, 17 positioning, 17 Teamwork and 17 Stamina and should be in your team no matter what.

Striker-Cedric Bakambu

IMG_3064.PNG

Cedric Bakambu is a Congolese international with 17 shooting, 16 dribbling, 20 movement, and 16 pace. This coupled with 15 stamina gives Cedric the ability to get past opposing defenders with ease.

IMG_3063.PNG

And with 12 goals in his first season Cedric has set himself up for success and is much better than Soldado.

Young Players to Watch- Rodri

IMG_3076.PNG

Rodri is a 20 year old with plenty of blue stats for you to train into nice looking greens. He is a good well rounded midfielder who primarily operates as DLP but can also function as a BWM.

Tactics

IMG_3078.PNG

I would recommend a 4-5-1 as shown above to really utilise the lack of quality forwards and abundance of creative midfield talent. This tactic also gets the best out of Bakambu's pace and dribbling stats as he is up top by himself.

Another good tactic is the 4-1-2-1-2

IMG_3079.PNG

This tactic allows both Pato and Bakambu to take the field with Soriano behind them. I am not too sure though that it can get the best out of Cheryshev and Castillejo due to being played further back.

A 4-4-2 can also be effective with the current crop of players.

(Fortunis is there to show how he (and others)could fit in to the system)

IMG_3089.PNG

Players to sign

After evaluating the squad I felt that a ball winning mid was needed to compliment the more attacking midfielders in the team. I also believe a back up keeper is needed. An extra talented attacking mid to rotate with Soriano wouldn't hurt either.

Spoiler

Possible Midfield targets

IMG_3080.PNG

A great player who can usually be signed cheap by making an offer and having it rejected by makes Kostas unhappy an easier to sign.IMG_3081.PNG

A decent player who could back up the first team an rotate with an attacking midfielder 

IMG_3082.PNG

A reliable yet cheap DM who can play in CB and LB. Decent backup for Bruno or either central back 

IMG_3084.PNG

A young midfielder with talent to burn. Offers a box to box aspect and could be a starter after Bruno retires.

IMG_3077.PNG

Thomas Delaney has 15 aerial, tackling, positioning and leadership with 16 stamina and makes him a great BWM and the aggression stat should help get the best (dangerous) tackles coming.

Spoiler

Potential backup keeper targets

IMG_3085.PNG

Barcelona's forgotten goalkeeper but could do a job if called upon.

IMG_3087.PNG

Experience and reliability are what you buy when you buy Craig Gordon. Good backup for a year or two

IMG_3088.PNG

Greens everywhere and still only 24. Will be an effective backup for years to come. 

Players to SellIMG_3067.PNG

Barbosa is useless and was even auto transfer listed at the beginning of last years game

IMG_3068.PNG

Great player but way past his use by date

IMG_3069.PNG

Bad stats coupled with age made me want to sell him instantly

IMG_3070.PNG

A player who played for Nottingham Forest last year, obviously not good enough for La Liga.

That is a complete guide to Villarreal, hopefully this article can be of some use to you. 

Happy Managing

Edited by Real_Random

Yes, Cedric is a great player. Btw have you checked those roles? Do you recommend playing 2 BWMs?

Only thing I would do is not sell all 30+ players you posted but perhaps 2. Having 3-4 oldies in the squad (as subs perhaps) makes for a great balance. 

Useful guide!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, Cedric is a great player. Btw have you checked those roles? Do you recommend playing 2 BWMs?

Only thing I would do is not sell all 30+ players you posted but perhaps 2. Having 3-4 oldies in the squad (as subs perhaps) makes for a great balance. 

Useful guide!

Thanks mate. I was just trying to show a basic formation and did not fine tune the roles. I looked at the squad and it had an abundance of wing backs and that is why I suggested selling them.

Personally I think it is a good base but when talking about the players you only highlight attributes which people can see, you need to take things out from this. You also focus too much on your own game in the signing section and tactics and should provide alternatives as every game differs.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Personally I think it is a good base but when talking about the players you only highlight attributes which people can see, you need to take things out from this. You also focus too much on your own game in the signing section and tactics and should provide alternatives as every game differs.

Thanks for the feedback Dec, I will remember this for next time.

6 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Thanks for the feedback Dec, I will remember this for next time.

Why not make this one better and edit this instead of doing a good guide next time and leaving an ok one?

Sorry mate just saw this, cracking team guide by the way, I am having a lot less free time than I thought so it's pretty hard to get back to the guide now and then but it's almost finished..... Again, great job there mate KIU. 

10 hours ago, Harish said:

Sorry mate just saw this, cracking team guide by the way, I am having a lot less free time than I thought so it's pretty hard to get back to the guide now and then but it's almost finished..... Again, great job there mate KIU. 

7 hours ago, Dec said:

It's a lot better now. Congrats on a good guide :)

Thanks for the comments, I might make another guide soon