Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Unrealistic Wage Demands

Started a new game as Gosport in the National League South, they have a modest wage budget circa £500 per week. How can it be that I attempt to sign a player from the same league yet his wage demands are on par with league two?

To jump from £200 to £1,600 seems ridiculous, me offering £400 a week should be more than enough, I would like to say it's a one off but it's happening with virtually every player I'm trying to buy.

Could do with SI looking at this as no doubt happens up the divisions also.

IMG_0064.PNG

I had this problem last year playing a VNN team.  Your scouts will give you a ton of players to consider which won't be appropriate for your wage budget and you won't be able to sign many of them due to high wage demands.  Try asking for them on loan otherwise you're out of luck in the first couple seasons until you start winning.

Have you tried offering him less - sometimes they will accept it.

Generally at that level its hard to entire players to move to you as they might be settled with families etc. and the wage you're offering isn't a huge one in reality - 400UKP a week is 1,600/month - so around 18,000 UKP a year ... if you consider he might have to find new digs, leave his family home and pay a deposit on a new place etc. then it becomes unlikely he'd 'want' to move even if he's doubling his money.

He's only on 200UKP a week presently, he's 'part-time' so chances are he either has another job or a spouse who is helping to support him, as such uprooting to a new area would mean his spouse leaving their job or him leaving his other job as well.

(just trying to explain the reasoning behind this - do you think I should explain this more in game?)

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Have you tried offering him less - sometimes they will accept it.

Generally at that level its hard to entire players to move to you as they might be settled with families etc. and the wage you're offering isn't a huge one in reality - 400UKP a week is 1,600/month - so around 18,000 UKP a year ... if you consider he might have to find new digs, leave his family home and pay a deposit on a new place etc. then it becomes unlikely he'd 'want' to move even if he's doubling his money.

He's only on 200UKP a week presently, he's 'part-time' so chances are he either has another job or a spouse who is helping to support him, as such uprooting to a new area would mean his spouse leaving their job or him leaving his other job as well.

(just trying to explain the reasoning behind this - do you think I should explain this more in game?)

Great explanation and I think it's something most of us make up in our head as we are playing. I personally don't think it needs explaining more in game. 

If a player isn't transfer listed, he wouldn't agree to a move for similar wages to what he's already earning. It just seems to be a negotiating tactic, I'm often shown a wage that the budget won't cover, but can work it down to an agreeable level, unless other clubs are interested too. 

I experienced this every now and then as well...

my club has a cap of 325k per week...and players already with a contract of 325k per week would ask for re-negotiation for 350k...

Normally i would just offer the same max 325k but I gave them maximum signing on fees up to 6million and never had any rejection to this proposal...

So...is this normal ?...is there an attribute hiddened that says "Greedy" ? And those players that were asking for re-nego actually had this attribute at 20 ?

Thx

Edited by kopytiam