Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Unemployed Career - Looking for work!

Massey127

Hi guys, just letting you know that this career has not faded away. The device I played this on has had to be sent off for repair so the next update will be out in about a week's time! 

I've been trying to find the time to read this epic career for a couple of weeks now and only just got through it all. Absolutely great stuff, both on and off the pitch (great career, great writing). Love the detail you go into! Hope you start posting again soon. Keep it up!

On 12/27/2016 at 19:24, Massey127 said:

Background Info

After working as a food technologist for 15 years, I give up my career in the food industry to follow my real passion, Football! 

Tired of the boring, mundane routine in my normal job and doing it just to provide for my family, I have give up my job and attained my coaching badges to become a professional Football Manager.

With my family now relying on me providing for them through football management there is no doubt that this will be a rocky road!

Now that I am unemployed and not wishing to up route my family I will be trying to forge my new career in England.

In July 2016 I checked the job market for vacancies and found 5 vacancies in the country, 1 with a Championship club, 3 with League One clubs and 1 with a League Two club - Grimsby.

I am in desperate need for work and I apply for all of them in the hope that someone will take a gamble on me and see my hunger to succeed!

Will I get a job?  Will my family go hungry before I secure a job?  Will my wife leave me before I can prove to her this might work?

A very uncertain future lies ahead...........

image.jpeg

First of all, I would like to say you've got a very interesting carreer going and I very much enjoyed reading about it.

The thing that bugs me, though, is that you got an offer from a Premier league side after winning League 2. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but are you playing some kind of mod or something? I am asking you this because I usually also start somewhere in the lower leagues of English football. The thing is, even after I take a Vanarama side to the Premier league and get sacked, I can't seem to get a job in the Premier League. Not only that, I can barely get League 2. And it isn't just me, my colleague has the same problem, so I was vers surprised you got an offer from Stoke. Is this a fluke or does it happen to you regularly? The only difference is I don't start unemployed, but I can't see why the game would treat you any different.

8 hours ago, georges said:

First of all, I would like to say you've got a very interesting carreer going and I very much enjoyed reading about it.

The thing that bugs me, though, is that you got an offer from a Premier league side after winning League 2. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but are you playing some kind of mod or something? I am asking you this because I usually also start somewhere in the lower leagues of English football. The thing is, even after I take a Vanarama side to the Premier league and get sacked, I can't seem to get a job in the Premier League. Not only that, I can barely get League 2. And it isn't just me, my colleague has the same problem, so I was vers surprised you got an offer from Stoke. Is this a fluke or does it happen to you regularly? The only difference is I don't start unemployed, but I can't see why the game would treat you any different.

I thought the same thing. Maybe it does treat you differently being unemployed, because I've never done unemployed and my reputation stays stuck on regional until I win multiple trophies.

If you start unemployed, generally I've found that your reputation starts higher than it does if you start managing straight away at a club... still a phenomenally good read whatever the case!

Hi Guys, first of all I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read, followed, commented and shared their thoughts on this career so far! 

It means a lot and some of your comments are very gratefully received.  

Good news is I got the device (iPad) back on Tuesday but was away with work.  I am back home now and very happy to tell you all the save is still there (thank god) and the next instalment will be posted tomorrow!

@georges nobody was as shocked as I was when Stoke offered me the job! I can assure you this save is played absolutely vanilla meaning no cheating whatsoever, no editor, no mods and certainly no saving before a game!  Glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks again guys and look forward to posting the next update soon

I was beginning to think your device wasn't going to make it, but thank goodness I was wrong!

Can't wait for the next installment, there's been a little FMM2017 unemployed save sized hole in my life lately.

18 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I was beginning to think your device wasn't going to make it, but thank goodness I was wrong!

Can't wait for the next installment, there's been a little FMM2017 unemployed save sized hole in my life lately.

Lol well let's get that hole filled then.  I will dedicate the next update to you ?

3 hours ago, Massey127 said:

Lol well let's get that hole filled then.  I will dedicate the next update to you ?

It would be an honour ?

Becoming Men - Preparing for Season 5

Having secured the Premier League title, FA Cup, Euro Super Cup and reaching the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League last season it's fair to say a lot has changed for everyone connected with Stoke City Football Club.  I wish it was all for the good though! 

Sure there have been many great things that have happened to us all since our incredible season last year and it has changed my guys lives forever.  They have become legends at Stoke and have achieved dreams far beyond even the most optimistic of them and they will deservedly go down in folklore! 

I seen first hand what last season took out of my players and I seen them change! They had to dig deep down and go to places they never knew existed just to survive! When a man goes to those depths he can never be the same again.  The effects this has on a man varies drastically and that's what makes me so proud of this band of brothers, as they knew themselves that some would never be able to recover from this trauma.  Every one of them were exhausted, absolutely drained of all energy and mentally tired beyond anything previously experienced, yet they still sacrificed themselves for eachother! 

I knew this was coming and when we got the lads back to the training ground after their well earned summer break, my fears were confirmed!  Some of the lads were simply not the same, they were mentally tortured beyond repair.  They had give so much that they had nothing else left to give.  To those warriors I will forever be grateful and they have earned my respect as true men but for now we must part ways and I wish them well.

The other main challenge we face is that some have allowed our opposition and media to get inside their heads and are now feeling overwhelmed at the pressure to perform this season.  Others are just outright terrified of failing and having the spotlight on their every move.

This breaks my heart and I will die before I let these soldiers crumble! In pre season I had sensed our captain, centre back Esteban Saveljich, was doubting himself and our ability to compete this season.  I called a halt to the training session and got every player to line up all the way along the length of the pitch.  Saveljich had made a comment about our upcoming Community Cup game vs Spurs and how strong they were this season.  I asked Saveljich in front of everyone if he had already written us off? He replied "They are strong I just don't know"!

I called Saveljich out onto the pitch and had him crouch down on all fours on the goal line at one end of the pitch.  I told him to carry a man on his back whilst crawling on all fours for as far as he could.  I said give me everything you have got, no matter what you give me everything you have, do you understand? He said "Yes, I promise"! He said he might make it to the half way line and I said forget the distance, you go until you can't go anymore! You give me everything you have! I said "oh and one more thing, I want you to do it blindfolded because I don't want you giving up when you can go further"!

Blindfolded and crawling on all fours he set off carrying a 9 stone man on his back.  He made great progress until about 35 yards and began to slow down, he complained his arms were hurting.  I screamed at him to carry on, to give me his very best! He kept going and I could see the strain on his arms and legs.  He had by now unknowingly already passed the half way line and I knew he had yet more to give.  He said his arms are burning.  "Let them burn" I scream back, "you promised me everything, I know you have more"! He was slowing down to just a snails pace at this stage.  "Give me 5 more paces", I scream.  "It hurts!" he says.  I count down 5,4,3,2 and on 1 he collapses flat and head in the grass gasping for breath.  I take his blindfold off and tell him to look up.  He has carried a 9 stone man on his back the entire length of the pitch! 

"You are the most influential player on this team Esteban and you have a gift to lead.  If you walk around defeated then so will they!  I need you Esteban, your team need you! Don't ever quit on me when I know you have more to give!"

I stood up and ended training for the day.

The next day it was like a new team and Esteban was twice the man he was the previous day.  He was pushing everyone like a man possessed.  

We faced a tough Spurs side who made things very difficult for us as expected but just like last season these band of brothers would not let each other take a break on one another and they fought for every blade of grass.  

With a healthy £60m transfer kitty we brought in some fresh new young blood to develop for the future and one superstar in the form of Thomas Lemar!

This season will be our toughest and it does feel like everyone is against us and like we are spoiling the party for the "Big 6"! Peter Coates give me the opportunity of a lifetime and I promised him before signing my contract that I would move heaven and earth to repay that faith he had shown in me.  I am only getting started and just like Esteban Saveljich, I will not be quitting until I know I have given everything I have!

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Massey127
19 hours ago, Massey127 said:

@Fish18ish An early update just for you! 

Thank you very much ? 

Out of interest, have you asked for a stadium expansion or improvements to your facilities? Given where you have taken Stoke I think 28,000 is a bit on the small side? 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Great to have you back @Massey127 and great update. You really build a story around it! 

Thanks mate, it's great to be back! Next update will be out tonight..............

Dawning of a New Era - Season 5 Mid Season Update

Since finishing last season Peter Coates has put his money where his mouth is and has backed our plans for the future by beginning work on our new purpose built stadium which will compete with the very best once finished. I was wanting to keep this a surprise for you all until completion but @Fish18ish has called me out ;).  I can now share with you some pics of our brand new Bet365 60,000 seater stadium below.  The interior has almost been completed and allows us to play the rest of the season without disruption but much work still to do on the exterior.  I have also included a nice pic of a sold out capacity as we hosted Man City.

On my last update I informed you that we had also reinvested in the playing squad and we have some very exciting young prospects now within the squad.

The current starting eleven are still heavily comprised of players I either inherited when joining Stoke or that I immediately brought in so either way have been with me since I started at Stoke.  In fact 9 of the starting 11 and these are Butland, Muniesa, Saveljich, Galloway, Allen, Imbula, Bojan, Diouf and Chavez.  

This has led to some incredible camaraderie within the squad and again at mid way point in the season, the guys have laid down their bodies for eachother! We sit comfortably at the top of the Premiership and remain in all competitions including topping our Champions League group which contained a very strong Inter Milan team.  Some of these players though will be playing their last season with us and I expect their young successors to take their starting place for the start of next season. We already have successors for 9 of the starting 11 positions.

We have also seen Chavez return to his best and put an injury plagued season last year behind him.  A change in tactic to try to build the team of the future around our young superstar striker Keita has also seen a resurgence in Bojan this year as he claimed the very coveted FIFA Ballon d'Or as he has been playing out of his skin this year to fight for the shirt!

This has been a season of transition and a season of real intent from the once dormant Stoke City.  With my gratitude for being allowed to follow my dreams, the players brotherhood and Peter Coates loyalty and vision, this could be the start of something truly wonderful!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dude this is like reading a compeling novel I love it

Stoke look like world beaters now and i look forward to seeing how your youngsters start and hopefully they all play their hearts out for the red and white of Stoke

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Dude this is like reading a compeling novel I love it

Stoke look like world beaters now and i look forward to seeing how your youngsters start and hopefully they all play their hearts out for the red and white of Stoke

Thanks mate, I'm just glad you all seem to be enjoying it.

This is up there with some of the best FM youtubers in terms of entertainment value. To quote an ingame news item, I'm running out of superlatives to throw at you in praise of your work! Keep it up ???

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and predict that you'll be moving on to a bigger club soon.

Edited by Fish18ish
11 hours ago, Taff said:

It's great dude so well written and in depth but without being too technical and loosing the focus of the narrative

Keep Up The Steller Work 

10 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

This is up there with some of the best FM youtubers in terms of entertainment value. To quote an ingame news item, I'm running out of superlatives to throw at you in praise of your work! Keep it up ???

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and predict that you'll be moving on to a bigger club soon.

Thank you very much guys, like I keep saying, comments like these and the fact you are enjoying this make me keep wanting to ensure each update is better than the last!  

Next update will be out today..........

Men Can Cry - Season 5 Conclusion

There are few occasions in life that are generally considered acceptable for a man to shed a tear, His wedding, birth of his child or the death of a loved one.  I make no apology in my admission to breaking down for a different reason.  

During pre-season, having witnessed what last season had done to my players I was worried to say the least.  Some had to leave us straight away they had been so badly affected.  To then have the absolute pleasure to work with this group of MEN day in day out, to see them give absolutely everything they have and expect absolutely nothing in return is something truly special.

To see this group again willingly go back into those trenches, knowing what it did to them previously and keep on doing it again and again and never take a break on the man next to them is something I will take great inspiration from for the rest of my life!

On 28th Feb we faced our nemesis once again in the League Cup final as we faced the formidable Spurs.  After a very tight affair and Spurs again taking us into the trenches the final whistle blows and the scores are even.  My men must now walk the loneliest walk in football and try to compose themselves for penalties.  The occasion is too great and we miss 3, just like that another battle we have lost to our fiercest of rivals!

Again though this band of brothers refuse to lose the war and they keep on fighting, some are fading fast and others try to carry them across the line, we reach the evening of 28th May, five days after suffering defeat on our last league game of the season and the eve of the two most important games Stoke City will ever play.  Our next two games are Man City in the FA Cup final and then our nemesis Spurs in the Champions League Final!  My men are battered, bruised and exhausted.  They Carry mental scars of losing another final and I can see worry in their eyes about facing Spurs again on the biggest stage!

On this evening I invite all our fans to join us in our new stadium as I prepare to deliver the most important speech of my professional career as I attempt to inspire these warriors through the bloodiest two battles of their lives!

On centre stage in the middle of the pitch, my players all around me and the huge screens playing through some of the seasons greatest moments so far, I raise the microphone in front of 60,000 fans, my voice quivers over the PA system as I begin to deliver the following to my players:-

"Two battles remain, 44 players, 180 minutes and 60,000 fans but 1 Love! Focus! Focus on the fundamentals one game at a time.  If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, there is no one that can live with this team. 

Today is not about the past, it's not about the future, it's about right now and you've got to want that like you're fighting for your last breath in this life!  You get one life and you're here because you said I believe in this team and we will finish what we started.  You have within you an incredible strength that comes from being a part of something truly special.  Knowing that even in your darkest hour, no matter how futile or impossible the road ahead may seem, you are never alone on this team!  60,000 people are saying we believe in you, will you stand up and fight for us?

We get to share this and our opposition will learn that if they knock you down, another will take your place, and if they knock him down we will just come back at them harder and if they knock him down they are going to find out what it's like to have 60,000 people come crashing down on them like their worst nightmare because we carry eachother!

The only thing that's certain in this life is that the clock is constantly running until you can't outrun it anymore and you're finally called back in.  That's when you take stock and you know in your heart if you're a winner! It's not about the medals it's about the times you were there for your teammates, the times they needed you and you were there!  They need you right now, we need you, one team, one blood.  The next two battles are about  immortality because no matter what happens out there, we know that you will never give up on us because we will never give up on you!  Look up, get up, stand up and fight, brothers, sisters, one life, one love, one team"!

These men didn't let us down and it didn't matter what the results were as long as they give it everything and that's exactly what they did.

To then watch as these soldiers lift the most prestigious cup in club football as champions of Europe after they had laid everything on the line, they had sacrificed themselves for what they believed in, well this is the situation I make no apology in admitting to you all that I shed quite a few tears!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png