Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BatiGoal

BG's FIFA FIFPro World XI 2016

BG's FIFA FIFPro World XI 2016

FIFPROshortlist55.png

The 2016 FIFA FIFPro World XI will be announced in Zurich on 9th January 2017. The FIFA FIFPro World XI is decided by the players. It involves votes from nearly 25,000 professional footballers from about 70 different countries. Each player can select 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

In this year's edition nine players make their debut on the 55-player shortlist that FIFPro announced for the 2016 FIFA FIFPro World XI. The nine debutants are Serge Aurier, Hector Bellerin, Leonardo Bonucci, Kevin De Bruyne, Paulo Dybala, Antoine Griezmann, N’Golo Kante, Dimitri Payet and James Vardy. The nine household names replaced by the debutants in this year’s shortlist are: Iker Casillas (5 World XI awards), John Terry (5 awards), Andrea Pirlo, Arjen Robben and Wayne Rooney (1 award each), Branislav Ivanovic, Yaya Touré, Vincent Kompany and Carlos Tévez. Two players make their comeback after missing out in 2015, Claudio Bravo and Mesut Ozil, while Gonzalo Higuain returns after his only appearance in 2010. It is also the first time that Andrea Pirlo and Wayne Rooney have not been picked for the last 55, leaving Gianluigi Buffon and Cristiano Ronaldo as the only two players who have always been chosen by their peers in the 12-year World XI history.

The 2016 FIFA FIFPro World XI 55-player shortlist:

Goalkeepers (5)

• Claudio Bravo (Chile/FC Barcelona/Manchester City)
  • Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus)
  • David de Gea (Spain/Manchester United)
  • Keylor Navas (Costa Rica/Real Madrid)
  • Manuel Neuer (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)

Defenders (20)

• David Alaba (Austria/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Jordi Alba (Spain/FC Barcelona)
  • Serge Aurier (Côte d’Ivoire/Paris Saint-Germain)
  • Hector Bellerìn (Spain/Arsenal)
  • Jerome Boateng (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Leonardo Bonucci (Italy/Juventus)
  • Daniel Carvajal (Spain/Real Madrid)
  • Giorgio Chiellini (Italy/Juventus)
  • Dani Alves (Brazil/FC Barcelona/Juventus)
  • David Luiz (Brazil/Paris Saint-Germain/Chelsea)
  • Diego Godin (Uruguay/Atlético Madrid)
  • Mats Hummels (Germany/Borussia Dortmund/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Philipp Lahm (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Marcelo (Brazil/Real Madrid)
  • Javier Mascherano (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
  • Pepe (Portugal/Real Madrid)
  • Gerard Pique (Spain/FC Barcelona)
  • Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real Madrid)
  • Thiago Silva (Brazil/Paris Saint-Germain)
  • Raphael Varane (France/Real Madrid)

Midfielders (15)

• Xabi Alonso (Spain/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Sergio Busquets (Spain/FC Barcelona)
  • Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City)
  • Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea)
  • Andres Iniesta (Spain/FC Barcelona)
  • N’Golo Kante (France/Leicester City/Chelsea)
  • Toni Kroos (Germany/Real Madrid)
  • Luka Modric (Croatia/Real Madrid)
  • Mesut Ozil (Germany/Arsenal)
  • Dimitri Payet (France/West Ham United)
  • Paul Pogba (France/Juventus/Manchester United)
  • Ivan Rakitic (Croatia/FC Barcelona)
  • David Silva (Spain/Manchester City)
  • Marco Verratti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain)
  • Arturo Vidal (Chile/FC Bayern Munich)

Strikers (15)

• Sergio Aguero (Argentina/Manchester City)
  • Gareth Bale (Wales/Real Madrid)
  • Karim Benzema (France/Real Madrid)
  • Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid)
  • Paulo Dybala (Argentina/Juventus)
  • Antoine Griezmann (France/Atlético Madrid)
  • Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina/Napoli/Juventus)
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/Paris Saint-Germain/Manchester United)
  • Robert Lewandowski (Poland/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
  • Thomas Muller (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
  • Neymar (Brazil/FC Barcelona)
  • Alexis Sanchez (Chile/Arsenal)
  • Luis Suarez (Uruguay/FC Barcelona)
  • Jamie Vardy (England/Leicester City)

It's an incredible list of the world's finest footballers in 2016. Quality-wise you can hardly go wrong with any 11 picks but I'm sure every Viber here has their favorites, me included. So with a little wisdom and a little heart here goes my FIFA FIFPro World XI for the year 2016.

BG's World XI

BGsWorldXI.png

Goalkeeper

He's just developed into such a fantastic keeper. And he somehow (remember the dodgy paperwork issues on transfer deadline day back in 2015?) managed to stay at my favorite English team (Man Utd) so had to pick my favorite GK.

Defenders

4 worldclass defenders. I love Godin's workrate and his no-nonsense attitude. Ramos has got to be respected for his winning-mentality as he just never gives up until the referee blows the final whistle. Pepe is just one mean dude but altho sometimes crosses the line he's a great strong defender in any team. Mascherano was my first pick re defenders. He's the unsung hero in the Barcelona as well as the Argentina team. Such an incredible hard worker and great reader of the game. I love watching creative forces at play, beautiful dribbles, phenomenal technique just as I love watching fair but firm tackles and the physical side of the game that this man possesses to near perfection. For the FMM test I placed him in DM spot to make a 'workable' formation.

Midfielders

Tough pick here but eventually had to go with Iniesta for his fantastic technique. He makes every move and pass look so beautiful. He had to be included. Kroos my not be on everyone's radar re World XI line-ups but he's a very smart player. He knows where to run and when to run, precision passes and a threat in front of goal as well. De Bruyne has improved a lot in the past years playing in the EPL moved to the Bundesliga and back to EPL again. Great talent who flourished in the past year directing play in his teams with his great endurance and vision. An unselfish player too. He completes my midfield.

Forwards

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already about these three. Messi. Magical Messi. One of the best ever. In terms of sheer talent I'd say he's at the very top. That's my opinion. He's in my team! CR7. He's competitive, he's a winner and he delivers. In terms of game mentality and professionalism one of the greats, if not the greatest. Gotta have him too. Suarez completes the forward trio. I remember him from Holland playing for FC Groningen moved to Ajax and then gutted gutted gutted he move to Liverpool despite being on Man Utd's radar. I was aware of his talents and was hugely disappointed Man Utd failed to sign him. We know what this man does on the pitch so he's more than deserving to be included in the team.

The Simulation

I've decided to create a team in FMM17 with My Club and Scrapbook -BG's World XI- to see what this talented mix of players would and could achieve. Will they be a unified team and perform if played alongside each other? Are my 11 picks the very best or do other players have a different opinion? Will the AI manager be able to make it click with 'my team' and win titles or cups? I created this World XI team in the English Premier Division (replaced Leicester City) and let the game run itself. See the results below how they fared in the The FA CUP, the Champions League and the Premier League.

FA CUP

BGsWorldXIcup.png

Winners! Awesome run and this concludes that every pick was fully deserving and justified.

Champions League

BGWXIcll.png

Not Europe's best unfortunately. Lost 1-2 on aggregate to Bayern after winning 5 games in the group stage. I still stand by my picks.

English Premier League

BGWXIepl.png

After a rough start to the EPL campaign the AI manager steered BG's World XI to a close but stunning EPL championship!

I'm very interested in hearing about your 11 picks and the reasoning behind it. Who is your goalkeeper with the safest hands? Who are your top defenders battling for clean sheets? Who are going to link play and showcase killer passes in midfield? Who are the forwards scoring the most spectacular goals for the billions of viewers around the world?  Feel free to leave a comment and if you want to run a similar simulation with your FIFA FIFPro World XI 2016 please share it with us and post your results below (or I will do one for you if you drop a comment with your World XI). I hope you enjoyed the read. Thank you!

54 minutes ago, veerus said:

That seems like a criminally low amount of goals for a team with those players.  That AI manager should be fired.

Keep those guns holstered, kid :)

To the AI's defense he worked with a squad of 15 in all competitions. I created the team of 11 and he then added another 4 for marginal squad depth after I'd vacated the managerial seat. A large majority of the games were played with the selected 11 but injuries and suspensions made for a few tricky moments, just like it would have in real life. Ideally I'd play a full season with a fit 11 but that's just not gonna happen.

Still interesting, for me at least, how the team would cope and if the results were going to be positive. I never expected the league win to be honest. Surprised me so hopefully I get to see what teams you guys come up with and if these are able to outdo mine.

59 minutes ago, SladePT said:

Thank god you didn't chose Chiellini along with Suarez

It did cross my mind. :)  Actually, glad you mentioned it, trying to add Chiellini from scrapbook into MyClub he turns into Ronaldo with Chiellini's overall stats. A mere name change but looks like a scrapbook bug.