Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Technical vs Mental vs Physical attr. deterioration

BatiGoal

Deterioration of player attributes  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a set minimum on specific attributes of a player?

• Yes, on technical attributes
    • Yes, on mental attributes
    • Yes, on physical attributes
    • No.

Left column = Technical attributes

Middle column = Mental attributes

Right column = Physical attributes

CR7yuck.png

Let me just clarify something first. I know attributes are supposed to deteriorate depending on a player's training, match time, injuries, and so on. I also know that (using Ronaldo as an example but could be anyone) for example a 35yo Ronaldo in save 1 can look quite differently from a 35yo Ronaldo in save 2 or 3. What I find quite astonishing is that certain attributes can steep so very low. Take 'creativity' for example, it's in my opinion very questionable to say the least that a once 'green' creativity attr. player will turn 'red' at any point in his career. It's inevitable that there will be declines in Technical, Mental and Physical attributes and each number 'moves' differently due to several factors in his football career, but it strikes me as unrealistic to see for ex. very creative players lose that creativity completely, and that goes for a few other attributes as well. The worst-case scenario wouldn't jusify such a dramatic decline in my opinion.

So that leads me to the question: Would you like to see a set minimum on certain attributes? If you want to know what that min. is exactly well, anything higher than a red 3 for creativity :) Some thoughts and opinions needed here pls.

Interesting question.

I would have thought that the physical stats would be the ones to take the biggest hit as age catches up with a player (obviously not in the screenshot above!). I thinks its realistic for most players to have those stats reduce dramatically.

I would have said technical stats would go next as they rely more on game time to stay sharp and therefore high.

I would expect the mental stats to reduce the least/slowest as they are the things ingrained within you that, on the whole, dont need as much training/use.

Thats not to say that stats such as movement shouldnt suffer if physical stats are bad but good movement is based on choices, the abilty to perform the movement is physical.

Perhaps a set % drop from max stat would make sense i.e. physical stats could reduce by up to 75%, technical by up to 50% and mental by up to 25% (obviously simplified figures).So a 20 stat in pace could reduce to 5, passing to 10 and decisions only to 15 or so.

32 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

I would have thought that the physical stats would be the ones to take the biggest hit as age catches up with a player (obviously not in the screenshot above!). I thinks its realistic for most players to have those stats reduce dramatically.

I would have said technical stats would go next as they rely more on game time to stay sharp and therefore high.

I would expect the mental stats to reduce the least/slowest as they are the things ingrained within you that, on the whole, dont need as much training/use.

That's exactly what I'd expect to see, and hope to see.

I like the %drop solution for at least some of the attr. But let's see if we get more votes and opinions in if we can agree on the problem.

Is there a case to argue for certain mental attributes continuing to rise until retirement? Decisions, leadership, positioning and/or movement in older players is key to their playing style once the physical attributes decline IRL, especially those playing deep into their 30's. This might be impossible as obviously this isn't true for all players, and I am primarily thinking of CM's, although not exclusively. Perhaps a hidden attribute allowing this to happen to certain players. What do people think? 

3 hours ago, Callumgnc said:

Is there a case to argue for certain mental attributes continuing to rise until retirement? Decisions, leadership, positioning and/or movement in older players is key to their playing style once the physical attributes decline IRL, especially those playing deep into their 30's. This might be impossible as obviously this isn't true for all players, and I am primarily thinking of CM's, although not exclusively. Perhaps a hidden attribute allowing this to happen to certain players. What do people think? 

Those mental attr. should increase or remain stable if anything. Good point.

17 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Perhaps a set % drop from max stat would make sense i.e. physical stats could reduce by up to 75%, technical by up to 50% and mental by up to 25% (obviously simplified figures).So a 20 stat in pace could reduce to 5, passing to 10 and decisions only to 15 or so.

I agree with this, except I think it should be on an attribute by attribute basis. So rather than physical stats reducing by up to 75%, I'd say that Pace and Stamina could reduce by up to 75%, but Strength could only reduce by up to 15% (as I don't think most players lose strength in real life). Similarly, maybe Tackling deteriorates more than Passing does (I don't think many players get worse at passing, although maybe they get a little slower and making the pass).

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Those mental attr. should increase or remain stable if anything. Good point.

Yeah agree with that. Most of those won't deteriorate at all for most players (except maybe for some players who give up caring and are just turning up for their pay check).

100+ views and 13 members voted .

I understand these aren't unique views but I was hoping for more votes. We're trying to improve the game, pls cast your vote, Vibers.

Despite the low turnout 100% wants a set min. for attributes. Interesting.

90% wants to see a set minimum on attributes. The % doesn't accurately reflect the community's view since only 20 people voted, but this really is in my opinion one of the core aspects of the game. I feel attributes' improvement is just as important as its deterioration. The more realistic this 'numeric movement' is the better the game becomes.

@Jack Joyce @Alari 

Has this ever been considered? If not, is there any chance this will be implemented in future series? Thanks.