Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SladePT

FC Porto Guide

FC Porto

e189518d5318ade892b99356d5038eac.jpg

Full Name: Futebol Clube do Porto

Nickname: Dragões (Dragons)

Stadium: Estádio do Dragão (former Estádio das Antas) (Capacity: 50035 seats)

Foundation year: 1893 (refounded in 1906)

Current chairman: Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa

Honours: 

• Primeira Liga winners (27x)
  • Taça de Portugal winners (16x)
  • Campeonato de Portugal winners (4x)
  • Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira winners (20x)
  • Champions League winners (2x)
  • Europa League winners (2x)
  • UEFA SuperCup winners (1x)
  • Intercontinental Cup winners (2x)

Fernando Gomes: 352 goals in 455 matches. Yet a record to be broken. This was one of FC Porto's greatest players. Unfortunately never had a chance to watch him play in real life. I'm only 22 years old. He's now, currently one of FC Porto's scouts.

Vitor Baía: This is my favorite player of FC Porto since I started watching football. This was the greatest goalkeeper in my opinion, right alongside with van der Sar. He is one of the players with the most awards conquered in the world. Total of 35 awards.

Expectations

fcp2.png

fcp1.png

FC Porto is currently playing in the Champions League after a tremendous victory against the English champion, Leicester, a marvelous 5-0 win. Having to face Juventus real soon, FC Porto needs to prove everyone they're worthy of staying at the Champions League. As likely, on the game, you're also on the Champions Cup, and the Board expects you to atleast reach the first knockout round. Superb training facilities as well as superb youth facilities. We do have a lot of wonderkids in real life. Rui Pedro, Afonso Sousa, Diogo Dalot, Rui Pires.. Immense sheer talent! FC Porto is also known in real life for its business. Unfortunately, nowadays, we don't see that much. But, in the game, you only get 6.25M€ to invest as you would like.

Staff

fcp3.png

The Backroom Team consists in an all-round Coaches, which all of them are Gold. Rui Pedro Silva, specializes in Defensive training, Rui Barbosa in Goalkeeping, António Dias in Fitness and Rui Barros in Attacking. As for the scouts, all Gold scouts. Fernando Gomes as a Bargain Hunter, (which is something that Porto, in real life, keeps an eye on) Francisco Craveiro also as a Bargain Hunter and Fernando Bandeirinha as a Tactical Analyst. I do recommend releasing Francisco Craveiro as we already have a Bargain Hunter, and buy ourselves a Gold Youth Scout if possible. If not, a Gold First Team Scout should do it. Unfortunately, for Physios we have a Bronze and a Silver one. José Mário is the only Gold Physio. But, I recommend keeping Pedro Vale, only releasing Luís Pinto for another Rehab Silver/Gold Physio.

Key Players

fcp4.png

Danilo Pereira, one of the strongest portuguese midfielders as we speak. Since he traded Maritimo for Porto, he's improved a lot. He's now one of FC Porto's finest

fcp5.png

The mighty Casillas. Who has never heard about Casillas? As a fan, this was the greatest sign by FC Porto. With 35 years old, Casillas proves that he can still be considered one of the top Goalkeepers. I do consider him the Star Player of this team.

fcp6.png

Diogo Jota. With only 19 years old, Diogo Jota scores a lot. And I mean a lot! Unfortunately, he's only on a loan from Atl. Madrid. That doesn't mean he can't be a key player of the team, right? He's one of the game's wonderkid, and he's really brilliant! Although he lacks a little maturity and leadership, he's still perfect for the team and his age will still make him improve even more on those points.

fcp7.png

Yacine Brahimi... I mean, I love Brahimi. Although he has no Positioning, and his Teamwork is not one of the best, his Techinque and Dribbling made him also, one of FC Porto's finest. I wouldn't be choosing anyone over Brahimi to be honest.

fcp8.png

And we got ourselves another Wonderkid! Andre Silva, he's simply a beast on the game. Performs really well alongside with Diogo Jota, making those two the best duo at FC Porto

fcp9.png

And finally, Ivan Marcano. Yes, he's not one of the greatest on Porto, and last season (in real life) his performance was not one the best I've seen. But this season, he has been proving everyone that they were wrong. Between Felipe and Marcano I would always choose Marcano, no matter what.

Future Prospects

• Rui Pires
  • Rui Pedro
  • André Silva
  • Otávio
  • Ricardo Pereira
  • Ruben Neves
  • Rafa Soares

As I've said before, currently Porto has good prospects in Sub-19 and Sub-17, and they have been improving A LOT lately. I'm really glad to see my team using their prospects to reach for greatness.

Players to Sell/Loan/Release

Although I never release any of the players, it's your own choice if you want to do so.

• Silvestre Varela (sell)
  • Diogo Costa (loan)
  • Josué (loan)
  • Zé Manuel (loan)
  • Evandro (sell)
  • Chidozie Awaziem (loan)

I do recommend loaning out Awaziem has he's still 19 years old, and he can improve a lot in the game. You can try it out yourselves. Same for Diogo Costa, he's still really young and can step up his game once Casillas retires.

Players to Buy

Although I don't usually buy any players unless I sell any, I usually try to buy/loan some players. I'll name them below.

• Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas)
  • Bruno Alvez (Cagliari)
  • Tiago Ilori (Liverpool - Loan)

This is my usual players to buy if I do need them. I have a thing for Portuguese players. There's so much talent hidden...

Tactics

fcp11.pngfcp22.png

I do use this 4-2-3-1 tactic. I saw it once on the Vibe community, and if it belongs to you, I'm sorry but I didn't find your topic to give you credits for. I tried this tactic and it works wonders!

I hope you find this guide helpfull if you ever trying to coach FC Porto. But please do. You won't want anything else! Cheers!

Credits:

• BatiGoal (Thanks for letting me use your guide template. Hope you'll enjoy this guide as I did!)
Edited by SladePT
Change from Chat to Guides

Great to see my guide was helpful and I hope more people starting using it as a template for their guides. We definitely need more team guides here on Vibe.

I would just make some of the headings a little smaller tho as they take up too much space. Or 'unbold' them. Other than that maybe some alternative tactics to give people more options. But I think the main thing I'd like to see is you pointing out any weak spots in the squad or identifying which positions need extra covering for squad depth. If there are none and squad depth is well-balanced then pls mention that as well as it's one of the most important bits of info.

Thanks for posting your guide!

The game is indeed more realistic this year. Aside from Jota and Silva the rest of the squad is crap. I just love that wage on your second best right back, great catch... 

5 hours ago, SladePT said:

I do use this 4-2-3-1 tactic. I saw it once on the Vibe community, and if it belongs to you, I'm sorry but I didn't find your topic to give you credits for. I tried this tactic and it works wonders!

It's PriZe's tactic which can be found here PriZe's PD21

22 hours ago, PhiLiz said:

The game is indeed more realistic this year. Aside from Jota and Silva the rest of the squad is crap. I just love that wage on your second best right back, great catch... 

Please, lets keep football rivalries out of Vibe.