Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Have you ever signed a player back?

Dec

Have you ever signed a player back?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever signed a player back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Tried but failed

Manchester United have been rumoured to get Patrice Evra back at the club from Juventus. So today I ask, have you ever tried to sign a player back that you've sold? As always vote on the poll and leave stories in the comments.

Thanks,

Dec

Sell a squad player for decent money to a small side with a BCRC, when his value drops at the new side due to reputation etc, re sign him via the BCRC, rinse and repeat :). 

In short anytime you sell a player check if he has the clause and keep an eye on him if he does. Great way to either sign cheap talent or make a quick buck. 

I sometimes sign a player that maybe in his mid twenties then look back at his history and find out that I let him go on a free 5+ years earlier! :laugh:

I often let replaceable players go in their prime for profit and bring them back when they are 35 (for free) for sentimental value. They are still decent to good players, on a small wage, willing to play in B team, can be utilised in an injury crisis and potentially could be a good coach.

Another is letting go of youngsters I'm fairly certain won't be first team to a lower division or smaller club, then abuse big club release clause or a natural drop in value to buy him back for less and sell again.

Bosmans are free for all. I grab players back. I usually don't intend to buy my own players back, but a good player for free? Why not? I've had a player sold to Porto for 20+m, took back on a bosman, sold to Real Madrid for 72m, then brought him back when he aged for free.

Edited by Meow

Only once I can remember during last years game I sold a young midfielder at Ajax then a few seasons later re-signed him as he had become an excellent player

Yes! I always lose some players in lower leagues because of release clauses but I sign them back after few years if they are good. Happened to me 2 or 3 times.

I do every year, I always sel young players with high potnential that don't start for my team/don't get a of game time , then buy them back when they become a world beater and would start for my team.

My answer is "No".

I do not sell my player often.

For old and young player who is not in my plan, I will release them when the contact expired.

For some player request to move, I will demote them to reserve.

Another tips, buy player who have trained by you will boost them attributes.

Often I'll sell younger players who can't get a game then end up buying them back at some point down the line if they can fulfil their potential

14 hours ago, rseven said:

My answer is "No".

I do not sell my player often.

For old and young player who is not in my plan, I will release them when the contact expired.

For some player request to move, I will demote them to reserve.

Another tips, buy players who have trained by you will boost them attributes.

wouldn't it be better for you to sell those players? You may profit from their sales and buy some other players that suit your tactics/plans :)

Edited by Daniel Chan

I did have one save where with Marseille I made a few mistakes in letting some average youngsters leave on frees who turned into good international standard players. I moved on to the likes of Bayern, Barcelona and Chelsea, often keeping an eye on the players but never approaching them. Through pride I suppose, didn't want to undermine my earlier decisions, however badly hindsight reflected upon them.

I quite often take them back on a free, but don't normally pay for them, because they're more likely to just be a squad player. But I have noticed my searches based on attributes often includes the players that didn't quite cut it for me. Mixed feelings about that! but I generally don't buy them back even if they look like a good option.

On 1/13/2017 at 16:29, DutchTony said:

No. After I've sold them they're dead to me!

Those players probably feel ditto re their manager :laugh:

But same here. My judgement is flawless so no need for their future services.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Those players probably feel ditto re their manager :laugh:

But same here. My judgement is flawless so no need for their future services.

Haha, I'll often scout a player only to find "player dislikes you as a manager" listed in the negatives. I definitely won't take them back if that's the case...