Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help The Best Phone For Fmm

AlanD173

Hello again my FMM friends, it's time for a couple of questions, again. But this time I hope it's a valid one, actually it's two!

1: I'm due to upgrade my phone soon and I was wondering how well FMM plays on "not so high end devices" I currentlyuse a galaxy note 4 which at its release was one of the best on the market, but it's showing its age now.

I'm looking at the new pixel XL or the experia z! So any help on that end would be great thanx.

2: Is there a way to save my saves so I don't have to start all overy again when I eventually get my new phone.

Thanx for any advice in advance and love reading all the articles that everyone is doing.

I'm surprised to read it's showing such age. I'm playing on a Samsung Note 5, which STILL feels like a downgrade from the Note 4, and having no trouble whatsoever, loading times are fast, and even the EME is quite playable this year. FMM has always run well for me on anything that wasn't a bargain-bin phone. Well, anything that's a general mainstream product, really.

I'm wondering if perhaps your phone may just be overloaded and may not have the free memory to run FMM properly? I'm a stickler for clearing my message storage, cached data, and I keep very, very few apps on my phone. I have found that the bloody Facebook app is particularly horrid in terms of eating up available resources. Also, it does seem like having the facepacks installed does adversely affect performance, in my experience. I've never used them, or logos, really, so perhaps that has some impact on why our mileage differs.

So... IN answer to the questions specifically:

1. Either of those phones should run the next couple years of FMM games without a hitch.  Hardware-wise, the Pixel XL is hands-down the better phone. Far better battery, and according to numerous consumer reporting agencies, far better rated. Bigger screen, which, as you're already using the lolhuge Note series, like me, you'll probably like. I find that the bigger screen makes touching some REALLY tiny indicators much easier.
I should note, I positively detest the google line of products, personally, but that's just a personal gripe. I don't like their interface. So... if it's getting an endorsement from me, that should probably say something in its favor.

2. You -shouldn't- lose your saves. They're located in the (forgive me if I'm off by some characters here) com.sigames.FMM2017 folder, I don't precisely recall where, but a quick search on any of the save editors from previous years should tell you where to look for this year's edition. They'll be labeled save1.dat, save2.dat... and so on for your 4 main save slots, with hidden1 and hidden2.dat representing your autosaves. Given that plenty of people have shared saves about, I cannot see why they shouldn't transfer. Especially as you're going from Android to Android devices.

Sorry if I gave you waaaaay more than you needed. Hope this answers your question, mate. Good luck!!

2 hours ago, BleedsBlue said:

I'm surprised to read it's showing such age. I'm playing on a Samsung Note 5, which STILL feels like a downgrade from the Note 4, and having no trouble whatsoever, loading times are fast, and even the EME is quite playable this year. FMM has always run well for me on anything that wasn't a bargain-bin phone. Well, anything that's a general mainstream product, really.

I'm wondering if perhaps your phone may just be overloaded and may not have the free memory to run FMM properly? I'm a stickler for clearing my message storage, cached data, and I keep very, very few apps on my phone. I have found that the bloody Facebook app is particularly horrid in terms of eating up available resources. Also, it does seem like having the facepacks installed does adversely affect performance, in my experience. I've never used them, or logos, really, so perhaps that has some impact on why our mileage differs.

So... IN answer to the questions specifically:

1. Either of those phones should run the next couple years of FMM games without a hitch.  Hardware-wise, the Pixel XL is hands-down the better phone. Far better battery, and according to numerous consumer reporting agencies, far better rated. Bigger screen, which, as you're already using the lolhuge Note series, like me, you'll probably like. I find that the bigger screen makes touching some REALLY tiny indicators much easier.
I should note, I positively detest the google line of products, personally, but that's just a personal gripe. I don't like their interface. So... if it's getting an endorsement from me, that should probably say something in its favor.

2. You -shouldn't- lose your saves. They're located in the (forgive me if I'm off by some characters here) com.sigames.FMM2017 folder, I don't precisely recall where, but a quick search on any of the save editors from previous years should tell you where to look for this year's edition. They'll be labeled save1.dat, save2.dat... and so on for your 4 main save slots, with hidden1 and hidden2.dat representing your autosaves. Given that plenty of people have shared saves about, I cannot see why they shouldn't transfer. Especially as you're going from Android to Android devices.

Sorry if I gave you waaaaay more than you needed. Hope this answers your question, mate. Good luck!!

Thanku so much! U just single handedly answered my questions!

I even likeep ur username.

Yes , you can copy your game save file from  :

Internal memory > Android> data> com.siagames.fmm2017>files>save game > save_x.dat(this is your game file)  

Now you've to copy these file on your old device and save it somewhere else (different folder ) . 

You can also copy your game.cfg file if you wish to restore your in app purchase 

same steps until files after that open folder named Installed , scroll down there you will find a file named game.cfg

Copy it save it somewhere else .

Now copy both file to your new phone (same path) and paste there .If file already exists there simply overwrite it . 

Note - Don't uninstall the game before copying otherwise you will endup losing full game data (com.sigame.fmm2017 folder) 

#Sorry for bad English Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-39-46-446_com.android.fileexplorer.png

Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-40-16-990_com.android.fileexplorer.png

Please by all means keep the feedback coming - I'm very interested in this side of things, while our QA has dozens of devices it tests the game on the real-world has many more and as such its useful hearing from people about their experiences with the game :D

2 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Yes , you can copy your game save file from  :

Internal memory > Android> data> com.siagames.fmm2017>files>save game > save_x.dat(this is your game file)  

Now you've to copy these file on your old device and save it somewhere else (different folder ) . 

You can also copy your game.cfg file if you wish to restore your in app purchase 

same steps until files after that open folder named Installed , scroll down there you will find a file named game.cfg

Copy it save it somewhere else .

Now copy both file to your new phone (same path) and paste there .If file already exists there simply overwrite it . 

Note - Don't uninstall the game before copying otherwise you will endup losing full game data (com.sigame.fmm2017 folder) 

#Sorry for bad English Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-39-46-446_com.android.fileexplorer.png

Screenshot_2017-01-16-19-40-16-990_com.android.fileexplorer.png

Nick, thanx for the help, what bad English? Was fine if u ask me, better than mine.

I have been playing this game for years, on an iPhone 4 and 5, an ipad air 2 and now on a galaxy note 4 and a galaxy tab S.

Personally I think the best one has to be android, although I do have FM touch to download onto my windows tablet which I got free with the PC version, looking forward to plating that I just hope it will play considering football manager isn't on any windows machines.

I have noticed that both my galaxy note and galaxy tab S do struggle with the game especially the battery life! Shocking.

I'll keep u posted as to what phone I get and how it plays.

Thanx.

Hey there, my feedback on a rather weak phone (Moto G 2nd Edition 2014 with only 1GB RAM running CyanogenMod 13) is quite good.

EME on FMM17 runs quite good, if I had known that I might had tried it on FMM16 (played only OME cause I was intimidated by the "might not run well" description in preferences).

Kudos to SI

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 22:24, AlanD173 said:

Nick, thanx for the help, what bad English? Was fine if u ask me, better than mine.

Welcome mate . I won't be arguing here about my English ... btw im using xiaomi redmi note 3 . It has 3gb ram and 4100maH battery... game is running smoothly & in one stretch i can play for 4-5 hrs. EME is quite fast & one match last for around 1-2 minutes.:)

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 17:09, tenere1982 said:

Hey there, my feedback on a rather weak phone (Moto G 2nd Edition 2014 with only 1GB RAM running CyanogenMod 13) is quite good.

EME on FMM17 runs quite good, if I had known that I might had tried it on FMM16 (played only OME cause I was intimidated by the "might not run well" description in preferences).

Kudos to SI

I've used moto g2 , although game runs quite well i've experienced that sometimes game closed unexpectedly. Have you faced the same problem while playing on EME.

42 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

I've used moto g2 , although game runs quite well i've experienced that sometimes game closed unexpectedly. Have you faced the same problem while playing on EME.

I had some force closures on FMM16 running OME, but not a single one on FMM17 runnning EME.

i have 2 devices which i am playing on. i originally have an xperia z3 and it has always run so smoothly. I reccently bought a samsung tablet which was just released and im sad to say that it hasnt been as good. it felt very jittery even when i ran it at the fastest speed unlike my sony phone which i have used for 2 plus years and its still going strong. the only issue is that it drains my xperia phones battery fast when my phone is hot.