Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

Posted by
  • Level 16 L16
12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't let @PriZe or anyone scare you. It's all mindgames, they want to make you feel like you've lost before the game's even started. Remember Pluto? Mickey Mouse's pet dog? The one that made all the noise,.. he never bit, did he? 

:D

Hehehe, some hope for me right?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't let @PriZe or anyone scare you. It's all mindgames, they want to make you feel like you've lost before the game's even started. Remember Pluto? Mickey Mouse's pet dog? The one that made all the noise,.. he never bit, did he? 

:D

Hehehe.....some hope for me right?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RealHaks said:

Hehehe.....some hope for me right?:D

Always. You gotta keep fighting and running at them till they fall. Besides, @samhardy and I haven't ruled out a disqualification regarding his Honda debacle yet. He may not even need one :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

All results from Group A are in. Man, it's close. The difference between number 2 that qualifies for the Q-finals and the number 3 that goes home empty-handed is less than 10 points.

I wish I could give you more info but I'll say zip further :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't let @PriZe or anyone scare you. It's all mindgames, they want to make you feel like you've lost before the game's even started. Remember Pluto? Mickey Mouse's pet dog? The one that made all the noise,.. he never bit, did he? 

:D

Who says i don't bite....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Don't let @PriZe or anyone scare you. It's all mindgames, they want to make you feel like you've lost before the game's even started. Remember Pluto? Mickey Mouse's pet dog? The one that made all the noise,.. he never bit, did he? 

:D

I don't play mind games! Seems like the pressure is getting to you all. Shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've got this done earlier, I've noticed a dramatic increase in the valuation & subsequent asking price of quality young players since the update. For example: Berardi cost me £27m & Lemar cost me £18m on my EME save with Spurs, now Sassuolo won't accept anything less than £52m for Berardi and Lemar is now valued over £18m so I hate to think what the asking price would be. Really demoralising knowing I'll be getting less for my money now. 

Edited by Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jack said:

Should've got this done earlier, I've noticed a dramatic increase in the valuation & subsequent asking price of quality young players since the update. For example: Berardi cost me £27m & Lemar cost me £18m on my EME save with Spurs, now Sassuolo won't accept anything less than £52m for Berardi and Lemar is now valued over £18m so I hate to think what the asking price would be. Really demoralising knowing I'll be getting less for my money now. 

This is also the same with both engines.

On the OME a young dutch striker I am looking at for a 1k challenge will cost 1.9m but on the EME he is only 200k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Update:

All results from Group A are in. Man, it's close. The difference between number 2 that qualifies for the Q-finals and the number 3 that goes home empty-handed is less than 10 points.

I wish I could give you more info but I'll say zip further :)

Darn it! I Knew i should have reloaded a couple of those losses...;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BatiGoal @samhardy I'd like to withdraw from the CC.

Since the update it's now become ridiculously difficult to sign a good number of decent u23 players without spending a fortune. I can provide some decent evidence that the player valuations & asking prices have changed since you announced the challenge to prove my claim, but I feel it's fairly pointless in doing so. I'm not happy participating in a challenge against others where I feel that I'm disadvantaged - whilst others in the Cup might enjoy that challenge it completely takes away the fun for me.

Obviously I blame myself for attempting the Challenge after the update, but despite feeling that it's unfair that it's more difficult for me to sign players than it was for my groupmates I think that withdrawing from the Cup gives you less of a headache to deal with. I'm not happy that it's come to this, but I think it's best for everyone else that you guys continue the Cup without any controversy. Thanks for allowing me to be apart of this Cup and let it be known that I'll be back!

Edited by Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there's no point in trying to convince you to give it your best shot anyways. I understand you feel disadvantaged but at the same time it's not anyone's fault it turned out this way. A shame to see you leave the Cup in this manner but if that's your decision then I gotta accept it.

Thanks for joining @Jack and hope to see you in the next one. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jack said:

@BatiGoal @samhardy I'd like to withdraw from the CC.

Since the update it's now become ridiculously difficult to sign a good number of decent u23 players without spending a fortune. I can provide some decent evidence that the player valuations & asking prices have changed since you announced the challenge to prove my claim, but I feel it's fairly pointless in doing so. I'm not happy participating in a challenge against others where I feel that I'm disadvantaged - whilst others in the Cup might enjoy that challenge it completely takes away the fun for me.

Obviously I blame myself for attempting the Challenge after the update, but despite feeling that it's unfair that it's more difficult for me to sign players than it was for my groupmates I think that withdrawing from the Cup gives you less of a headache to deal with. I'm not happy that it's come to this, but I think it's best for everyone else that you guys continue the Cup without any controversy. Thanks for allowing me to be apart of this Cup and let it be known that I'll be back!

Nice, Jack rules himself out; atleast i won't come fourth.  Any chances for best losers?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Update:

All results from Group A are in. Man, it's close. The difference between number 2 that qualifies for the Q-finals and the number 3 that goes home empty-handed is less than 10 points.

I wish I could give you more info but I'll say zip further :)

Well if all results are in for group A you might as well put us out f our misery ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RealHaks said:

Nice, Jack rules himself out; atleast i won't come fourth.  Any chances for best losers?:D

You may aswell rule yourself out as well. It'll be less embarrassing ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Well, there's no point in trying to convince you to give it your best shot anyways. I understand you feel disadvantaged but at the same time it's not anyone's fault it turned out this way. A shame to see you leave the Cup in this manner but if that's your decision then I gotta accept it.

Thanks for joining @Jack and hope to see you in the next one. ;)

Yeah I'm definitely not pointing any blame at you guys - everything you guys have said or done has been completely fair and the all of challenges have been fun or looked fun. Good luck @PriZe @Robbrown172 @RealHaks - make Group B proud!

e: typo

Edited by Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack said:

Yeah I'm definitely not pointing any blame at you guys - everything you guys have said done has been completely fair and the all of challenges have been or looked fun. Good luck @PriZe @Robbrown172 @RealHaks - make Group B proud!

Thanks Jack! It's a shame you couldn't continue the challenge. If I win this tournament, I'll dedicate it to you and the rest of Group B. #ForcaGroupB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update:

All results are in except those of @HashtagTatica and @Thepremiermanager.

There's 22 hours to go until deadline

Even if I get the results in before deadline I won't be able to post the score until the actual deadline 4th Feb.Saturday 3pm GMT due to work commitments. We're less than a day away tho so not much longer before we can reveal the Quarter Finalists ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jack said:

Yeah I'm definitely not pointing any blame at you guys - everything you guys have said done has been completely fair and the all of challenges have been or looked fun. Good luck @PriZe @Robbrown172 @RealHaks - make Group B proud!

Sorry to hear m8 :( hope to see you again in a new round of Vibe Challenges!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Sorry to hear m8 :( hope to see you again in a new round of Vibe Challenges!

Don't lie, you're breathing a sigh of relief that he can't finish above you :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Don't lie, you're breathing a sigh of relief that he can't finish above you :P

Nah m8 i'm not like you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Quick update:

All results are in except those of @HashtagTatica and @Thepremiermanager.

There's 22 hours to go until deadline

Even if I get the results in before deadline I won't be able to post the score until the actual deadline 4th Feb.Saturday 3pm GMT due to work commitments. We're less than a day away tho so not much longer before we can reveal the Quarter Finalists ;)

Can i jump in to replace @Jack i can quickly run through the challenge and get my results posted. Please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Del2378 said:

Can i jump in to replace @Jack i can quickly run through the challenge and get my results posted. Please?

Sorry mate but my rule has always been once someone has been knocked out then they've had their chance. Hopefully you stick around and enter the next CC :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Sorry mate but my rule has always been once someone has been knocked out then they've had their chance. Hopefully you stick around and enter the next CC :)

Just kidding mate and defo be involved in the next one when it comes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys. 

Thought I'd be finished but a combination of a crazy first half of the week at work and then an illness to one of my kids has stopped me from completing. 

Apologies for.holding people up and gutted cos I was doing well! 

Good luck to all and sign me up for the next one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Sorry guys. 

Thought I'd be finished but a combination of a crazy first half of the week at work and then an illness to one of my kids has stopped me from completing. 

Apologies for.holding people up and gutted cos I was doing well! 

Good luck to all and sign me up for the next one!

Bummer, mate..Apologies accepted. Hope to see you next time tho.

I'll post the group stage results in a bit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Bummer, mate..Apologies accepted. Hope to see you next time tho.

I'll post the group stage results in a bit..

Feeling so hopeful right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Bummer, mate..Apologies accepted. Hope to see you next time tho.

I'll post the group stage results in a bit..

Your working speed is like that of an ouw' bomma.

You know what it means, you dutch snail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jens said:

Your working speed is like that of an ouw' bomma.

You know what it means, you dutch snail.

Almost one hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get straight to it then..

 

Challenge Cup 2017

- The Group Stage Results -

 

Group A - Valencia Welcomes Munir Challenge - where Real_Random, Muzza2108, Joewins and CaptDenholm battled it out for two places in the Quarter-finals. Muzza2108 decided to get Salomon Rondon as Munir's Mentor and managed to score a combined 41 goals with the pair with a sweet 2nd place with Valencia. Joewins went for an Anthony Modeste/Munir partnership and scored a combined 51 goals + winning the Coppa Del Rey. CaptDenholm also opted for a Modeste/Munir duo and scored 47 goals with a 3rd spot finish with Valencia. Real_Random kept things really exciting sending his results last. He made Valencia champions and his striking force Munir/Meier scored a stunning 63 goals.

Spoiler

RgroupA.png

 

 

Group B - AC Milan Forever Challenge - In this group it was a hard-fought battle between PriZe, Robbrown172, Jack and RealHaks. Prize sent his results in first and set the bar rather high. He made AC Milan champions with ease and scored a sweet Goal Difference of +47. His spine killed it with an insane 78 bonus points. Robbrown172 made AC Milan champions as well and his spine scored a solid 46 bonus points and a nice Goal Difference of +40. RealHaks tried his very best making AC Milan champions but failed to lift them higher than a 3rd place finish. His spine scored only 28 points with a Goal Difference of +9. And finally Jack, due to unfortunate circumstances decided to leave the Cup along with his best wishes for his group buddies.

Spoiler

RgroupB.png

 

 

Group C - Why Always Mario Challenge - A fight between HashtagTatica, Nicolol, Taff and samhardy. HashtagTatica missed the deadline for unknown reasons and scored therefore 0 points. Taff squeezed a lovely 33 goals out of Balotelli with his helpers adding another 22 to his total. Nicolol also scored 33 goals with Mario and his helpers collected only 7 points. But he did make OGC Nice French champions adding some extra bonus points to his total. Samhardy also made Nice the best in France and his Mario netted 45 goals with his helpers adding another 8 bonus points to his total.

Spoiler

RgroupC.png

 

 

Group D - From Neverkusen To Leverkusen Challenge - That's a group with Thepremiermanager, danovic78, Jens and myself. I sent in my results first and went for a Kampl/Chicharito tandem. They scored a combined 65 bonus points with an additional 18 points for making Leverkusen German champions. Jens finished on a very respectable 2nd spot with Leverkusen earning him 16 points with his Brandt/Volland duo adding another 39 to his total. Thepremiermanager failed to submit results in time giving the other 3 group members more chance to progress. And finally danovic78 who struggled with the sluggish speed of the EME on his device but managed a 2nd place finish in the Bundesliga with his Kampl/Volland partnership scoring a fine 45 bonus points for him.

Spoiler

RgroupD.png

 

Congratulations to all that have progressed to the Quarter Finals. Well done lads!! And for those who just missed out, hope you enjoyed the ride and that the experience made you a wiser manager. Hope to see you guys in the next Challenge Cup.

 

 

Challenge Cup 2017

- The Quarter Finals -

 

CC10QSFgames.png

 

 

This is the road to the final. It may not seem like a very long one but believe me folks, it's going to get a whooole lot tougher from this point on. Samhardy and myself will make sure of that. Samhardy will post the Quarter Final challenges for everyone tomorrow. So with that make sure you enjoy a well-deserved rest and see you all at the next challenge. Cheers lads!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.