Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

7 minutes ago, Taff said:

Quick question 

With regards to getting rid of your player with the highest AVG RAT what happens if you have more than 1 with the same rating?

I.E. Below

58989be124ab5_IMG_04561.thumb.PNG.82976963640991d9a839e9f0e315e5c8.PNG

You have 4 best players so .. I really want to say to demote all four lol but nah pick one of them. That's the only fair thing to do since nothing on it is stated in the rules and I'm not going to make up any additional ones at this point. So pick one.

Or shall I pick? ;)

55 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You have 4 best players so .. I really want to say to demote all four lol but nah pick one of them. That's the only fair thing to do since nothing on it is stated in the rules and I'm not going to make up any additional ones at this point. So pick one.

Or shall I pick? ;)

I think I'll pick if it's all the same with you Sir :P

47 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I recognise a few of those players....;)

I'm glad you do, towards the end it was just a mad scramble to sign anyone with a bloody vowel 

I'm assuming the likes of O' Dowda and O'Neil are still OK for the challenge 

It's technically an O to start the Surname 

1 minute ago, Taff said:

I think I'll pick if it's all the same with you Sir :P

I'm glad you do, towards the end it was just a mad scramble to sign anyone with a bloody vowel 

Defo a mad scramble, lack of funds was costing me.

I am in January now and its just the same, trying to fill the squad up to finish the season!

33 minutes ago, Taff said:

@samhardy we need to look into this. I think the 'O' is a title. That's how they used to address people in countries like Ireland "O jimmy", "O Lloyd, y'up to?". What was an expression of recognition has mistakenly become a title. @Taff should therefore be disqualified. Nice, I'm the first one in the semi's.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@samhardy we need to look into this. I think the 'O' is a title. That's how they used to address people in countries like Ireland "O jimmy", "O Lloyd, y'up to?". What was an expression of recognition has mistakenly become a title. @Taff should therefore be disqualified. Nice, I'm the first one in the semi's.

Do I detect a hint of desperation to get rid of me?

3 hours ago, Taff said:

I love the smell of fear in the evening 

I'm too far ahead, no such smell here at the finishline. I'll grab a chair now and sit comfortably as I observe the struggles of that little dot in the distance :laugh:

1 hour ago, BleedsBlue said:

Bati's smack talk game is certainly on point. ;)

I may need this valuable point in case @Taff and I are tied at the finishline. Unless he remains a little dot ;)

On 31/1/2560 at 17:40, PriZe said:

Ghehe never go out with a fight:laugh:

You're awfully quiet since you leveled up and turned "pink". lol

You miss your L14 green? Lost motivation, Mr. Motivational Speaker? Tough challenge, eh?

Looks like we have our first 'broken' manager, people. SOMEBODY GET A STRETCHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You're awfully quiet since you leveled up and turned "pink". lol

You miss your L14 green? Lost motivation, Mr. Motivational Speaker? Tough challenge, eh?

Looks like we have our first 'broken' manager, people. SOMEBODY GET A STRETCHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nah m8 my little one and the recently acquired kitten have broken me:laugh::laugh::laugh: also out with the flu... but don't you worry i'm finally starting to play and will be on time to give you enough time to recover from my epic score... again...

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nah m8 my little one and the recently acquired kitten have broken me:laugh::laugh::laugh: also out with the flu... but don't you worry i'm finally starting to play and will be on time to give you enough time to recover from my epic score... again...

Starting to play? My results are in. :P

Hi all I have a question about hyphenated names. Would a player like Jeff Reine-Adelaide be allowed due to the fact one of his names starts with a vowel or is he not allowed due to being classed as one name?

19 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Hi all I have a question about hyphenated names. Would a player like Jeff Reine-Adelaide be allowed due to the fact one of his names starts with a vowel or is he not allowed due to being classed as one name?

Not allowed due to it being classed as one surname, if it wasn't hyphenated it would be allowed however.

43 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Not allowed due to it being classed as one surname, if it wasn't hyphenated it would be allowed however.

My game is now void then as I had to give a 17 year old grey player called Kieron Soloman-Otabor 6 games this season???

Also I signed Calvin Mac-Intosch too, who played just 1 game.

Edited by danovic78
30 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

My game is now void then as I had to give a 17 year old grey player called Kieron Soloman-Otabor 6 games this season???

Also I signed Calvin Mac-Intosch too, who played just 1 game.

Sorry but the hyphenated surname makes it technically one surname. How far into the game are you?

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Sorry but the hyphenated surname makes it technically one surname. How far into the game are you?

Completed this season! :O

I will be honest and say both are awful players, contributed nothing but filled spots in the squad. I can send over all the screenshots to show you but its up to you and @BatiGoalI guess. It wasn't clear in the rules that we were not allowed these type of players names?

When RR asked I assumed they'd be allowed tbh. I get Sam's point of it being one name but when you look at it you see the "last part of the name" starting with an eligible letter. 

13 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Completed this season! :O

I will be honest and say both are awful players, contributed nothing but filled spots in the squad. I can send over all the screenshots to show you but its up to you and @BatiGoalI guess. It wasn't clear in the rules that we were not allowed these type of players names?

Yeah send over the results, if they contributed nothing then it seems stupid to make you replay the season. Apologies if I didn't make it clear enough.

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yeah send over the results, if they contributed nothing then it seems stupid to make you replay the season. Apologies if I didn't make it clear enough.

No worries, I mean I will be so far ahead of you anyway it doesn't matter! Ha, Ha!! ;)

Will try and send over results today.

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Yeah and you have knowledge of this challenge for how long? Right... all the time to prepare :P

:D Pluto does bite back lol

No seriously tho, I did know about the challenge beforehand but Sam prepared this one so I had no idea about some of the details, incl. Wildcard, and no hints what club I'd be getting. Somehow @samhardy found out Bristol was my least favorite and that's what I got. That bastard is playing us both now :laugh:

Was my day off yesterday hence the quick finish. The stretcher is still an option tho, lemme know if you need it.

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Euhm... Dano and i have the same player. I am not as far as Dano. Can i use him or do i have to offload him (he will show up on transfers overview)

added 0 minutes later
7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

:D Pluto does bite back lol

No seriously tho, I did know about the challenge beforehand but Sam prepared this one so I had no idea about some of the details, incl. Wildcard, and no hints what club I'd be getting. Somehow @samhardy found out Bristol was my least favorite and that's what I got. That bastard is playing us both now :laugh:

Was my day off yesterday hence the quick finish. The stretcher is still an option tho, lemme know if you need it.

save the stretcher for when i knock you out m8 :P

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@PriZe You can't use him, Danovic was only let off because the player contributed nothing and he was finished his season.

you really want to get met out of the cup don't ya.... :(

Spoiler

no biggie, the lad is injured all the time :laugh: