Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

Challenge Cup 2017 Quarter Final Results

Here we go then with the results of the quarter finals of the tournament, I'm well aware I've kept you waiting long enough so I won't waste any more of your time :P

Germany

150px-TSV_1860_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

Real_Random v Robbrown172

There isn't a lot to say about this match up apart from it's the most controversial moment of the tournament so far. To cut a long story short Real_Random progressed after a disqualification to his opponent for a major lack of evidence. In the interest of fairness I won't say any more but unfortunately we were left with no choice, even though it's not a good way for any matchup to end.

180px-Logo_1_FC_Kaiserslautern.svg.png

PriZe v Muzza2108

Now onto the action and there was a lot in this quarter final between two competitors who had gone very well in the competition so far. Muzza2108 kept up his trend of being the first player to submit his results in every round and came in with a respectable score including 28 points from his bonus player, Kacper Przybylko. This result looked very tidy indeed but PriZe came in a few days later with an absolute monster of a score which blew every other score in Germany out of the water. It was the biggest victory margin of the round which saw him win the league comfortably and get a nice 50 bonus points from his striker Angel Romero. PriZe progresses and unfortunately the end of the road for Muzza2108 who has enjoyed a great run to the Quarter Finals in his debut Challenge Cup.

England

BadgeAston_Villa.png

samhardy v danovic78

This was a very intriguing quarter final which could have turned out very differently if only a couple of things didn't go quite the same. It came down to two key areas; goal difference and bonus points. Those two areas aside this was an extremely tight affair. I submitted my results first and managed to win the league and ended up happy with my score thanks mostly to the efforts of wildcard player Sam Vokes who returned a whopping 66 bonus points. Danovic78's score came in a day later and he also led Villa to promotion, but the relatively low goal difference and bonus points meant he fell short despite most areas being very close run. Taking the GD and bonus points out of the equation the gap would have literally been a few points, but in the end it's samhardy who books a semi final date with Real_Random.

BadgeBristol_City.png

BatiGoal v Taff

This matchup followed an eerily similar pattern to the other game that took place in England, only this one was even tighter. Both players gained automatic promotion with Bristol City, and after everything was counted (except the bonus points) Taff held a 4 point advantage before the bonus points were counted. A disappointing end to a great season from Taff saw his wildcard player Daniel Royer gain only 28 points which really opened the door for BatiGoal. His wildcard Andy Keogh came in with a monstrous 59 bonus points which was the difference maker in the end. The tightest quarter final of the lot, but one slip up from Taff saw BatiGoal take maximum advantage and he sets up what will be a classic all Dutch affair between himself and PriZe in the semi finals.

Quarter Final Results In Full:

Real_Random bt Robbrown172 (D/Q)

PriZe (185) bt Muzza2108 (92)

samhardy (239) bt danovic78 (183)

BatiGoal (212) bt Taff (185)

Semi Finals

Real_Random v samhardy

PriZe v BatiGoal

Congratulations to the remaining four, Bati will be posting the semi final challenges tomorrow.

I'd just like to clear things up. I sent in 3 screenshots, which included the league table, cup progress and my wildcard player. I failed/forgot to send in the other screenshots including manager profile and squad, and I had already overwrited the save with a Paris FC one the day after, so I couldn't go back to screenshot the remaining evidence.

Again, good luck to the remaining participants in the tournament :D The finals in sight, lads

13 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

Not the best way to exit a tournament. Nevertheless, good luck to those left in the cup. I'll be supporting my group B pal @PriZe #DoUsProud

Thanks m8! A shame we couldn't get two #TeamGroupB in the semi. I'll try my best against Mr.Blatter @BatiGoal:P

@Ashez i could do with a warm-up so put your money where your mouth is... 

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

Thanks m8! A shame we couldn't get two #TeamGroupB in the semi. I'll try my best against Mr.Blatter @BatiGoal:P

I know, i know. Could have been a potential group B final aswell. Mr Blatter and Mr Platini will be tough to beat ;) But I believe in you

Congrats to the victors and better like next time to everyone else, it's an achievement getting this far :). 

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

Obsessed much? 

Delighted to be thru to the semi's. Good battle @Taff was closer than it looks. Hope to see you next Cup again, mate.

@PriZe it's you and me, baby! I'm bringing my A game. You have an A game? :)

5 minutes ago, RealHaks said:

Go @PriZe Go @PriZe Go @PriZe Send @BatiGoal out of the tournament and make Group B proud.

THIS!

Well done to all the winners, some real exceptional scores in the QFs that really prove you all deserve to be here at this stage.

Huge congrats to @Real_Random, @PriZe, @samhardy And of course @BatiGoal for making it through

Absolutly gutted that it came down to my bonus player (he did have a pretty pathetic season) but a well deserved win for my opponent 

thanks to Bati and Sam for all their hard work and allowing me to be a part of this tournament.

good luck to all of the semi finalists and I'm throwing my support behind an old friend and someone who helped me a lot last year Go Go Go @Real_Random

Edited by Taff

Note to my huge following,

Get in here guys, I need your support to bring that Giant Panda down... I do have a huge following, don't I? Or has it been my imagination all these years??? :'(:laugh:

@Taff that loanee Tammy Abraham was pretty good btw. Did you consider using him as a Wildcard? I'll definitely try him in future saves, despite his lower energy levels he's looked great. He can do much better than Championship level teams.

I thought about it but he looked that decent I thought I had a decent IF to chip in Royers stats were pretty good just didn't deliver (or my tactic didn't work) but I think it was him :P

My favourites have been Prize and Sam from the start, hard to say without seeing the challenges but I wouldn't be surprised to see that as the final. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

My favourites have been Prize and Sam from the start, hard to say without seeing the challenges but I wouldn't be surprised to see that as the final. 

I would :P

As suspected a big fix is going on! 

Only joking, knew that I needed over 200 but 9 draws in the last 12 put pay to that but I'm sure I should have bonus points for lifting the play off trophy! ;)

Did I mention that I don't hate the EME anymore? I dispise it..... Ha Ha

Good luck to all in the next round. 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Obsessed much? 

Ignoring the challenge much?

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Delighted to be thru to the semi's. Good battle @Taff was closer than it looks. Hope to see you next Cup again, mate.

@PriZe it's you and me, baby! I'm bringing my A game. You have an A game? :)

You'r going down!!!! :):P

6 hours ago, RealHaks said:

Go @PriZe Go @PriZe Go @PriZe Send @BatiGoal out of the tournament and make Group B proud.

:D thanks m8 will do my best not to let you and @Jack down

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I would :P

Dream on haha

50 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

After I get past @samhardy (whose recent H2H choke is still in my mind) I'll be ready for the big finale. See you in the final:D

You won't believe your eyes...

This match will probably end your H2H career :P

Edited by samhardy
26 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Ironically that's exactly what I'm about to do ;)

Is that the sound of confidence I hear? Two words Tom Rogic 

Edited by Real_Random
12 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Is that the sound of confidence I hear? Two words Tom Rogic 

Victory is the only thing I can remember from that H2H.. Don't worry if you feel left out you'll soon be going the same way as @Ashez !

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Victory is the only thing I can remember from that H2H.. Don't worry if you feel left out you'll soon be going the same way as @Ashez !

So I'm going to be a vibe legend:D Thanks for the glowing comparison to the mighty @Ashez

49 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

So I'm going to be a vibe legend:D Thanks for the glowing comparison to the mighty @Ashez

This is why you aren't going to win :laugh: You shouldn't be happy to be compared with anyone!

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

So come on, enough with the bollocks, post those challenges :D

Once I post the challenge (<-- no plural) it's official and there's no going back. Do you really want to put your reputation on the line? :)

It'll be up in 2h from now.