Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup 2017

BatiGoal

Challenge Cup 2017

- Semi Finals - The Results -

Let's get straight down to the business..

S-Final One

RRvsSamresults.png

League Position:

• Both contestants guided their team to the Jupiler League title so both earned 20 pts here. No one's taken the lead yet.

League Points:

• Samhardy collected a total of 86 league pts with FC Oss while Real_Random finished 6 pts below that amount with 80 pts. Samhardy is holding a 6 pt lead at the moment.

Goal Difference:

• Real_Random finished the season with a GD of +31 while samhardy's goal galore ended in a massive +56. Samhardy has increased his overall lead to 31 pts.

Cup Run:

• Samhardy didn't do too well in the domestic Cup passing a single round only increasing his lead to 33 pts. Real_Random passed 4 before ending his Cup run earning himself 8 pts and reducing Sam's lead to 25 pts.

Father & Son Gls:

• Real_Random's last chance of getting himself a CC10 final spot lies at the feet of his Father&Son duo. They need to deliver. And they did deliver with a solid 61 pts. As things stand Real_Random is leading by 36 pts. However, Samhardy needs his duo to score 37 goals or more. They scored 53. Which ends Real_random's dreams and places Samhardy in the final.

Winner:

Spoiler

Samhardy

(Real_Random 200 - 217 samhardy)

S-Final Two

PvsBGresults.png

League Position:

• Both contestants guided their team to the Ligue 2 championship so both earned 20 pts here. All square.

League Points:

• PriZe collected a total of 86 league pts with Ajaccio while BatiGoal finished slightly below that amount with 82 pts. Prize is holding a 4 pt lead at the moment.

Goal Difference:

• BatiGoal finished the season with a GD of +31 while PriZe did once again slightly better with +34. PriZe increased his overall lead to 7 pts.

Cup Run:

• PriZe did extremely well in both domestic Cups passing 6 rounds in each getting himself 24 pts. BatiGoal clearly struggled in the Cup passing 7 rounds in total which earned him a mere 14 pts. PriZe's lead has now become significant and it will be hard for BatiGoal to close the 17-pt gap.

Father & Son Gls:

• The last chance for BatiGoal to earn himself a spot in the final. The oldest and youngest squad members -Father & Son- scored a combined 48 pts which brings BatiGoal to a virtual lead of 29 pts. However, Prize's Father&Son came in with a whopping 74 pts which crushes BG's dreams and lands PriZe a spot in the CC10 Final vs samhardy!

Winner:

Spoiler

PriZe

(Prize 238 - 195 BatiGoal)

A massive congrats to both samhardy and Prize for making the CC10 final. They both deserve their spot in the final and the battle between the two is going to be absolutely epic without question. Enjoy your rest lads cause the final challenge is going to make all previous challenges pale in comparison. It shall be posted by me some time tomorrow.

The CC10 Final

PriZe Vs samhardy

CC10Fmatchup.png

Predictions anyone?

Wow. Great results guys. Everyone storming the leagues and scoring big points overall.

Well done to all, I expect I would have failed miserably if I had managed to get this far!

Looking forward to the final.

*Only 8 points off my RR v Sam prediction. :)

**Should have had faith in the steamrollering potential of a Prize tactic. :'(

My pre tournament favourites reach the final, I'll take that ;). 

Well fought all four of you, one slight change in approach and all could have been different. 

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

In the end it's all about Father and Son @BatiGoal :P unlucky m8! Thanks for making the semi's enjoyable and putting up one hell of a fight :)

Now let's see if i can do something @Ashez failed to do @samhardy looking forward to the final! :)

Can't help yourself can you?! :P 

4 minutes ago, PriZe said:

In the end it's all about Father and Son @BatiGoal :P unlucky m8! Thanks for making the semi's enjoyable and putting up one hell of a fight :)

Now let's see if i can do something @Ashez failed to do @samhardy looking forward to the final! :)

Congrats mate. My Son missed a fair amount of games due to injury and the shortened cup run vs Lyon and PSG didn't help either. Those were valuable games I missed but don't think I could've come near your score. Somewhere around 220 tops, so you deserved it.

What do I regret? Not using my TKO tactic lol. There's a next time. You're my #1 guy to beat. PriZe vs BatiGoal II will go down differently. ;)

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Can't help yourself can you?! :P 

Nope :P i am happy with every outcome of the final, either i win and torment you with that :P or i lose, but hey no shame in that as @samhardy also beat the "Legend":laugh: Ashez

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Congrats mate. My Son missed a fair amount of games due to injury and the shortened cup run vs Lyon and PSG didn't help either. Those were valuable games I missed but don't think I could've come near your score. Somewhere around 220 tops, so you deserved it.

What do I regret? Not using my TKO tactic lol. There's a next time. You're my #1 guy to beat. PriZe vs BatiGoal II will go down differently. ;)

Thanks m8! I intended to start with my TT tactic, but in the end i went back to the basics to get the best out of them. That defo saved my ass in the cups! I was lucky to get Jovic as my son and found a 35 year old Messi (Perez) like player. 

See you next time m8 i'll be waiting for ya ;)

15 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Nope :P i am happy with every outcome of the final, either i win and torment you with that :P or i lose, but hey no shame in that as @samhardy also beat the "Legend":laugh: Ashez

Not even playing me yet I'm all you can think about. Get your head in the game or you'll never win the final ;) 

27 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Interesting to see @BatiGoal bottle it completely in the latter stages of the tournament :P

Congrats. You're now sharing the #1 guy to beat with PriZe on my list. I'll fry both your asses next Cup. Yes, I've said it.

31 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Can't wait for the final! Should be a cracker

Oh yes.. oh yes. That I guarantee.

26 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations to @samhardy and @PriZe for making it to the final. I wasn't feeling confident about my score so Sam winning was not a surprise but the closeness of the scores shocked me. Prize for the win though.

Thanks m8! Not to sure about that, got myself a real challenge playing against Sam. :)

8 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Nice! Hope i can keep up the honour of the dutchmen @BatiGoal

Trying to get me on your side, eh? :)

Yes you're indeed correct Sir but you're also the one who buried my CC dreams six feet under. 

Then again, on the other side of this gladiator's arena we got that sneaky @samhardy. Dilemma's. Perhaps samhardy should be doing what he's best at: coming in second :laugh:

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Trying to get me on your side, eh? :)

Yes you're indeed correct Sir but you're also the one who buried my CC dreams six feet under. 

Then again, on the other side of this gladiator's arena we got that sneaky @samhardy. Dilemma's. Perhaps samhardy should be doing what he's best at: coming in second :laugh:

Nah not really, just giving you something to cling on :P 

Challenge Cup 2017

- CC10 -

Welcome to the Finals of the Challenge Cup 2017. First and foremost, a big congratulations to the two remaining managers who have walked through their challenges with ease and made it this far. Now only one challenge and one rival manager remains. The winner of the next and final challenge may call himself the true WINNER OF CC10!

Let's not waste any time further and have a look at the road to the CC10 final for our two remaining contestants:

CC10Fmatchup.png

An epic final we have on our hands, people. Call yourself lucky to be present and witness what's going to be one of the hardest-fought battles on Vibe ever! Their road to the final has been extraordinary to say the least.

1. PriZe - 2nd in the qualifying round with 164 pts. Topped Group B in the AC Milan Forever Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 42 pts. Knocked out Group A runner-up Muzza2108 in the quarter-finals and shoved BatiGoal aside in the semi's to play his last challenge against his ultimate rival in this tournament.

2. Samhardy - 1st in the qualifying round with 179 pts. Topped Group C in the Why Always Mario Challenge finishing above his runner-up by 24 pts. Knocked out Group D runner-up danovic78 in the quarter-finals and booked a finals spot by beating Real_Random in the semi's in a close encounter. None other than PriZe awaits in the final.

Predictions anyone?

Back to the business side of things and on to the semi-finals challenge for these 2 ultimate dreamers.

The Challenge Cup 2017 - Final

PvsSnew.png

The Final Challenge is going to take place in the Belgian Pro League. For the final challenge of this Cup I've decided to go with a Fantasy Football Theme. You basically create your own budget by selling the entire team you inherit and build a totally brand new team in its place with the budget you create. The better you succeed at selling players for a good price the higher the budget you're working with. Thus significantly increasing your chances over your rival manager to build a title-winning squad. This demands very careful and smart planning on your side, the more efficient you are in pre-season, the bigger the advantage over your fellow finalist. The challenge could be won before a ball's even been kicked, so make sure you have a detailed plan at hand and sell/buy smart - with the latter I mean buying the sort of players that give the best performances and because of that are most likely to increase in value and earn yourself more bonus points. The healthier the club's financial status at the end of the season, the more bonus points you receive. It's one of the most important aspects of the game today and at the same time one of the managerial skills that has yet to be put to the test during this Challenge Cup 2017.

Total squad building and setting the foundations for your club's healthy future have never been this crucial.

The Club

KVMchallenge.png

The Challenge Rules

• Set your Currency to Euros at Preferences before starting the challenge - this is necessary for the Bonus Pts.
  • Demote your entire squad and send the loanees back to their clubs - leaving you with NO players.
  • Your Assistant Manager is to take care of friendlies until you have a big enough squad to take over.
  • Adjust your wage budget to the max bringing your transfer funds down to a pretty 0 - NO money.
  • Create your new transfer budget for this challenge - Budget: sell any/all demoted players.
  • You're allowed to buy as many players as you like but must stay within this new budget.
  • Remember: The value -Players Bought- is never to exceed your budget -Players Sold-.
  • You're allowed to get as many players on a free but must remain a positive current wage total.
  • You are allowed 1 loanee max. per line (1 GK, 1 Def, 1 Mid, 1 For) - no more than 4 loanees in total.
  • Bonus points: Your 23 most valuable players earn you bonus points - (loanees NOT included).
  • Your Top 23 players' combined value earns 1pt / 500k ex: 23-man total value: 1M=2pts, 2.5M=5pts, 10M=20pts etc.

Points System:

• League Points +/- Goal Difference - add or minus goal difference from your points in the league.
  • 2 points for each league position (1st=16pts, 2nd=14pts, 3rd=12pts etc.)
  • 2 points for each round passed in the domestic cup.
  • + bonus points; top 23 most valuable squad players' combined value (excl. loanees) earn 1pt/500K.

General Rules:

• The challenge must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • The challenge comes with a deadline, and the deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Real players only. Grey/Fake players NOT allowed!
  • Results will need to be sent to BatiGoal.
  • Have fun! This *is* a rule :)

Remember. These challenges are for a single season only

Needed Screenshots

1. Screenshot of final League Table.
  2. Screenshot of last Cup Match.
  3. Screenshot of entire Squad Value on 1st June 2017.
  4. Screenshot of Club Finances on 1st June 2017.
  5. Screenshot of Manager Profile at the end of the season.

Deadline: Friday, 24th February at 6 pm GMT.

Best of luck to our two finalists and if you have any questions, please ask.

Edited by BatiGoal
1 minute ago, PriZe said:

:O can i say i hate this challenge?:laugh: FFS @BatiGoal haha 

anyways, you mention the clubs financial health. Do you get points for room in wage space or positive transfer income?

I knew you'd like it ;)

You get to not be disqualified. Room in wage space or positive transfer income is your life insurrance.

Total Squad Value of your best 23 players (no loanees) at the end of the journey are your Bonus Points. Should generate a fair amount if you play it well.