Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BatiGoal

Re-discovering your FMM motivation

Hello everyone, this is going to be a very different type of article than I usually write. I've come across several members lately who are either lacking the motivation to pick up the game and start a career, or who can't find an exciting league to play in or player to play with. There are so many options for us and things such as tactics and players to (re-)discover in the game that there's bound to be something that flares up that FMM fire of yours. Here's a few suggestions that hopefully give you the needed motivation and excitement to start playing the game again.

Some of the things I especially look for when I seek to revive my FMM experience:

• Teams
  • Leagues
  • Players
  • Challenges

Teams

teamslogos.png

Look at some of those gorgeous logos. Dagenham and Redbridge is one of my favourites (formed in 1992 through a merger between Redbridge Forest and Dagenham). As if every game is a battle of war. Just Awesome! Always loved (2-time Italian champions) Lazio's as well with that beautiful skyblue color. Salford's, nicknamed The Ammies, is brutally cool as well with that lion's head planted on the logo. Then there's the Dutch Sparta Rotterdam that I've always loved as well. A simple footballer with the club's colors but such a magnificent history like any other club. Bala Town, Melbourne City and Whitehawk are really pretty logos and seeing the bottom two teams logo-less reminds me I need to get myself that logopack as soon as possible. Fallen giants Parma are a different story altogether. Most of us know their history. Once terribly great and now in the lower regions of Italian football. So many nice teams to choose from, there really is something for everyone out there. But the one that is just sick in a great way are Wrexford Youths. That color scheme of this Irish team is painfully beautiful. Have a look at their top player's profile page.

ColorProfile.png

Candy pink at its best! This is actually a very nice team to play with btw. A very average player with tremendous shooting and movement.

Leagues

LeagueShot.png

If you're bored with the regular leagues and top leagues, the same teams over and over again how about this 8-team league? Sometimes we managers need a bit of a change and this is perfect. A lower division in Belgium but just look how weird this is? There's a First Phase where you'll need to play each team twice (14 games) followed by a Second Phase where you'll play another 14 games. Reminds me of Brazil where they play a similar style of league. Man, I hope that league makes its re-appearance someday..Anyway..

Hyundai A-league in Australia is another unusual league where you'll get to play every team three times (27 games). The top six teams qualify for the Hyundai A-league Finals series, the 3rd-6th qualify for an Elimination Final and the top two qualify for the Semi Final. There's a similar type of league in Holland where teams get to play in a play-off at the end of the campaign competing for the final European tickets. Any of these leagues would be a great alternative if you need a different FMM experience. They are really fun leagues to play in and if you've never played in any of these you definitely missed out.

Players

KloseProfile.png

Find your legend. Players such as Drogba, Lampard, Klose..or this guy, Ronaldinho. It's great fun to find them and play them perhaps one last time before they hang up their boots. These players have had fantastic careers and given us so much in real life as well as during FMM careers. Not trying to be too emotional or romantic here but I truly feel like we owe these players 'one last goodbye'. It is what they deserve. We may not think much at the time but I for one will really miss players like this Brazilian legend. Just look at his career. It's absolutely phenomenal.

Klosegoals.png

Beautiful teams. Gremio, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan. He's been everywhere and he's shown the world over and over again what he's capable of. Playing these legends is really fun and if you're looking for motivation to pick up the game again to start a career..well look at this beautiful career up here and give him one last season with you as a manager. Maybe two.

Challenges

LafferyProfile.png

This is Johnny Lafferty. He plays for a team that's got one terribly difficult name in Ballinamallard United in N.Ireland. He's just like any other below average player with exceptional shooting. What strikes me about him are his stats. They're just unbelievable. Have a look..

Laffertygoals.png

A striker. A professional since 2007. Goals: 3. Man that's just weird. I love finding these ultra non-prolific players and just help them out. 3 goals is what you'd expect to see on a GK stats page. Either in his home country or somewhere in Wales or the lower tiers of English football, this man needs goals and it's a great challenge to get him 100 goals before he retires. Or more. And there's so many other players and challenges either posted in Vibe Community or just waiting for you somewhere in FMM. Goals challenges, Assists challenges etc etc, just explore the forum or the FMM database and with a bit of imagination a challenge is born. This Lafferty one (and there's so so many players like him in-game) is really great fun!

A few suggestions and ideas to get you back into playing mode. Hope you enjoyed the (unusual) read and feel free to leave behind a comment, opinion or experience. Thank you!

Thanks for this post, really interesting ideas ! The Australian part with the World Wine Tour really gave me back interest in the game ! You can also add that their Asian League Cup is split across two seasons which is a bit weird... :D

42 minutes ago, Gonzolito said:

Thanks for this post, really interesting ideas ! The Australian part with the World Wine Tour really gave me back interest in the game ! You can also add that their Asian League Cup is split across two seasons which is a bit weird... :D

Yes it is. Sometimes I forget how things work after a few months' absence and the surprise/weird factor keeps it really fun. 

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Love, love, love this. Great read mate.

Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, Pogba said:

Great read very interesting as well this really helped me a lot. 

Very good to hear it helped you win some extra motivation.

For some one who creates this type of content, takes a different perspective and surprises the community time and time again with stellar content it just baffles me you support the wrong football club :S

J/K stellar content once again Sir!

54 minutes ago, PriZe said:

For some one who creates this type of content, takes a different perspective and surprises the community time and time again with stellar content it just baffles me you support the wrong football club :S

J/K stellar content once again Sir!

It was Romario back then, how could I.. ahh never mind :D

Appreciate the kind words, mate.

59 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Great article. I know I'm loving the challenges aspect - it's totally revitalised FMM for me. :)

Thanks, mate.

Same here. That coupled with a preferred team or favourite player and the motivation bar is maxed out instantly.

17 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, mate.

Same here. That coupled with a preferred team or favourite player and the motivation bar is maxed out instantly.

My recent motivation came from brexit