Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat The Not-so-clever Opponent

I don't know if this is a bug, hence why I haven't reported it yet, but it happens 9 times out of 10.

I'll be in the middle of match, 2-0 up, with about 70 minutes left. Now, you'd think the opponent would switch to an attacking formation to try and salvage something out of the game, right?

But, for some reason, they switch to a defensive formation instead (It says it on the bar at the bottom when on the 'overview' page during a match).

Does anyone know why this is? It's confused me because you'd expect the CPU to change to an attacking formation when losing, rather than a defensive one, which is just a bit backwards.

This happens regularly for me too. I've tried to justify it by saying that at 2-0 down they're probably just trying to be more solid first and foremost. It's usually a 442 defensive, so that may also mean an extra one up top from their starting system. And I guess it all depends on their tactics too, it may be a defensive formation with an attacking mentality. But that's all just guess work and personally, it does seem like a backwards move to me too. 

5 hours ago, Robbrown172 said:

But, for some reason, they switch to a defensive formation instead (It says it on the bar at the bottom when on the 'overview' page during a match).

This is an unfixed bug from last year's version.  It's only a message bug - if you actually check the opponent's tactics after that message, it'll show an attacking mentality.

I think this depends upon manager's ability to manage pressure, handle situations + his preferred formation + mentality of his preferred formation.