Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help End Of Season Drop In Form

Hey everyone!

I downloaded FMM2017 a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with Sassuolo, and doing quite well.

The problem I'm having though, is a massive dip in form at the end of both of my two seasons so far. Both seasons have looked pretty much like the following, mostly losses and draws in the final month, with matches in there I should definitely be winning (there were probably better examples in my first season, where I lost or drew to about 4 teams from the other end of the table).

It's a bit disappointing to drop off like this at the same point each season, without any obvious reasons. I don't have any other solid bad patches through the season. I fell from 2nd to 4th in Serie A in my first season, lost a Europa League and Coppa Italia final; then fell from 1st to 2nd in Serie A and lost a Europa League semi-final in my second season (with the lone Coppa Italia win perking things up a bit).

1-fixtures.png

The formation I'm using has been the same for a season and a half, it seems to be pretty similar to ones I see people using here. I'll tweak it slightly depending on situation, the computer seems to be finding me out at times and focussing their passing on the flanks, so I pull my WBs back to FBs. If I'm defending a lead, I might give my midfielders more defensive-sounding roles. If I need a goal, I'll bring on another AM or striker and go with a target man.

2-formation.png

My tactics seem to be pretty standard as well. I like having short passing, but my midfield can get dominated against the big sides with it, so I might go to mixed, men behind ball and counter attack—which got me past teams like Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Juventus. Again I might tweak these if I'm defending a lead or trying to get back into a match, but I don't make many tweaks.

3-tactics.png

Other bits to mention would be that morale is always good/high, the form of the players ranges from 7–7.5, fitness levels are always 95% and up on matchday—I'm rotating my players in the same way as I have all season.

Anyone had this? Any tips other than keep at it, it'll improve?? ?

Thanks!

It's one of the hardest things to pinpoint as having a good first 7-8 months means you got your starting formation/tactic about right with the needed quality players. But losing games towards the end of the season could mean lack of form or general tiredness. I know your players are fit but I've noticed myself that it differs per player how well or badly they perform towards the end of a long season. Dunno what else to call it but 'general tiredness', maybe one of the hidden attr.

Also, I'm not a fan of  playing 'pressing' anymore in FMM17 as players constantly run out of position in trying to close down opposition and regain possession. It isn't always ideal if you know what I mean as it leaves you exposed at times.

Thanks for the tips @Dar J, @BatiGoal. Will try them next time round.

15 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

Do you have intense training? Is it that your players tire more easily mid-match than earlier in the season?

They don't tire too much easier towards the end of the season, from what I remember @Mollers01. My training settings are:

IMG_5039.png

IMG_5038.png

IMG_5040.png

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

It's one of the hardest things to pinpoint as having a good first 7-8 months means you got your starting formation/tactic about right with the needed quality players. But losing games towards the end of the season could mean lack of form or general tiredness. I know your players are fit but I've noticed myself that it differs per player how well or badly they perform towards the end of a long season. Dunno what else to call it but 'general tiredness', maybe one of the hidden attr.

Also, I'm not a fan of  playing 'pressing' anymore in FMM17 as players constantly run out of position in trying to close down opposition and regain possession. It isn't always ideal if you know what I mean as it leaves you exposed at times.

Do you have a solution to the general tiredness thing cause I always have a drop of form end of season

4 hours ago, Fr3ddi3_Grav3s said:

Do you have a solution to the general tiredness thing cause I always have a drop of form end of season

The obvious solution would be to not 'overplay' them. I have set 50 games as a limit. Worldclass players can easily play 55-60 without too many problems, they remain consistent. However, the large group of 'good' players that follows drops form too often towards the end. Those need to be rotated with quality subs to maintain results.

So best solution for now is good squad depth imo.

I would suggest to keep an eye on each individual player's form and use player interactions & your squad depth to your advantage.

Glad to report that I won the league in the next season with a huge amount of rotation of players and minor tactical/formation tweaks through the season. I pipped Juventus by 2 points.

I would've thought my players would stand up to more matches than they did, but people like my star of the season, Falcinelli, had a big drop off around April. Appearances were spread pretty heavily through my main squad:

squad.jpg.c382589c212a47ad334a512b2e73c65c.jpg

I did have a wobble towards the end of the season, dropping 6 points in my last 3 matches. Luckily Juventus had an even worse one, dropping 11 in 5.

results.jpg.3f4dc83401b21eac9e87fac1cbb12b02.jpg

juventus.jpg.3de7268ba7b7eb1b9a3f42704908186a.jpg

So thanks everyone!