Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mollers01

From Barcelona To Milan Via Merseyside. Deulofeu Sim

Gerard Deulofeu has had a strange career to date - one of a long line of players to come through the ranks at Barcelona with the potential to become a superstar, he was loaned out to Everton three and a half years ago to develop his game. After a pretty successful spell with the Toffees, he looked set to become part of the first team squad at the Nou Camp, before being shipped out on loan again, this time to Sevilla. A disastrous campaign followed, and Barcelona decided he wasn't going to make the cut - Everton picked him up for a minimal fee.

After a largely inconsistent 18 months on Merseyside, Deulofeu has the opportunity to reboot his career in Serie A with the somewhat fallen giants, AC Milan. Can Deulofeu finally fulfil his undoubted potential and return Milan to their former glory? Let's see what FMM thinks.

IMG_5135.PNG

First things first - the quality is undoubtedly there. High scores in crossing, dribbling, passing, technique, pace and others beside - what more do you look for in a winger? And are all of those attributes translating into performances?

IMG_5136.PNG

Not as much as I would like, certainly. Everton are sitting in the top half of the table, having played 21 league games, so it's clear that Deulofeu has been a regular in the side - but a return of 3 goals and 2 assists, with a rating of 6.88 and a red card, isn't what I'd expect from a player of his quality. Maybe a move to Italy will perk things up?

IMG_5160.PNG

It certainly does! In two fewer games, the Spaniard has two more goals, nine more assists, and a 0.38 increase in average performance. What a turnaround! Have his stats improved? Or has he just started showing his worth?

IMG_5159.PNG

Tacking, positioning and leadership are down by one, while decision-making is up by one, which I find a bit strange - although none of those stats will have a significant impact on his performance or the way he plays the game. His upturn in form is also reflected in his value, which increases by £1.5million.

So in summary, it seems that the Italian life suits Gerard Deulofeu. Does he have what it takes to become a San Siro legend for years to come? I certainly think so.