Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Kaiser Chiefs?? - Part One

Decided to embark on a challenge which I saw on the wonderful Champ Man 01/02 forum boards instead on plumping to manage my beloved Liverpool. The challenge is to start with Hoffenheim and try to win as many Bundesliga championships as possible in a 10 year stint. Every title has to be won with a different team, you must move once the title has won and I can't move team until you win a title (or sacked).

Only a couple of games in but already loving this challenge, installed my tactics, sorted my players but had no time to buy new players so got the old stock. Hoffenheim aren't a bad team by a long shot but the powerhouses of Bayern and Dortmund are going to be hard to beat. I've had a couple of cup games, easy wins and then first league clash at home against Dortmund. Nice 2-0 win but lost my left back (careless and reckless tackling) but a great overall performance especially from Zuber my flying winger. Hopefully have more of an in depth overview in part 2.

My time with Hoffenheim has been a bit of a rollercoaster, good start to the season with no signings. Terrible string of results end of Sept start of Oct followed by a massive win in the second round of the cup against Walldorf followed by a huge 6-0 away win against Mainz. Then the wheels fell off a bit. The next four results saw three loses and a lowly bore draw against Koln at home. At that point we were 10th with players wanting to leave including my fantastic CD Sule. Our majestic winger Zuber may have a few anger issues as he has now been sent off twice this season (giving Xhaka a run for his money) but he is class.

But with Christmas looming, Santa has given me an early present 4 straight wins with my improved tactic, packing the midfield more to control the game with my deadly wide men cutting in. Zuber 3rd in goal scoring charts behind, Aubameyang and Lewandowski. Team raised to 6th but with a difficult next fixture away to Dortmund.

Roll on the new year, remember the challenge is to start with Hoffenheim and try to win as many Bundesliga championships as possible in a 10 year stint. Every title has to be won with a different team, you must move once the title has won and I can't move team until you win a title (or sacked).