Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help No Interest In My Managerial Services?

Fish18ish

So, I'll fill you in with some background information.

I started a save with Derby. Smashed the championship in the first season and got promoted. First season in the Premier League, finished 7th, second season, finished 8th (although it says for some 6th in my history for some reason), and in my third season, I'm sitting comfortably around 6th/7th with about 10 games to go. So basically, I've turned Derby into a solid Premier League team that plays attractive football. 

I decided at the start of the season that it was time to move on to a bigger club. Towards the end of January, three jobs came up that I really fancied. First West Ham, who were around 11th, then Everton and Liverpool who were pretty much level with me. I deem all of those clubs to be bigger than mine. Whilst my Derby team may have fared slightly better in recent seasons, all of those clubs have bigger stadiums than Derby's, better finances than Derby, better histories than Derby and probably better squads than Derby's.

I applied for all of them.

Now I don't know what you guys think, but I thought I was in with a good shout for all of them. I could understand that maybe Liverpool would want someone a bit higher up the footballing ladder, but if this was real life, Everton and West Ham would be desperate to get me as manager. 

But the frustrating bit is the men who were appointed ahead of me. First of all, West Ham appointed some Italian bloke from the German Second division, which I didn't even have loaded. Surely I've got to be ahead of him??? I'm proven in the Premier League after all, I've even taken Derby to the first knockout round in Europe, and won Premier League manager of the season!

Egerton's appointment was even worse though. They appointed TONY PULIS...

TONY F***ING PULIS?!

Something like that makes me want to stop playing. Were the FM gods drunk or something?

21 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Tony Pulis is a quality manager I don't see how that is a bad appointment. 

A club like Everton wouldn't appoint him due to the extremely defensive nature of his tactics. Everton are renowned for playing attractive football, hence their nickname, 'The School of Science'.

added 0 minutes later
18 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

What's your reputation?

Only regional for some strange reason.

If you only have regional reputation you will struggle to get a good job like those you are talking about... You need a national rep at least before you can think about those jobs.

You need to win a decent / difficult trophy to raise your reputation before you can be considered for these kind of jobs.

I've suffered similar. National reputation with two league wins and a cup to my name (admittedly L1, VNN and the Checkatrade, but still) plus promotion to the Premier League and no one will touch me with a barge pole.

I even got turned down by a bankrupt L2 Sunderland!

5 hours ago, Dec said:

FMM isn't that clever to factor in playing style.

I says his playing style is defensive on his profile page so it kind of does.

3 hours ago, Jack said:

You need to win a decent / difficult trophy to raise your reputation before you can be considered for these kind of jobs.

3 hours ago, Dar J said:

I think it's because your reputation or manager point is still low. Bear in mind that you have not won any major trophy yet  

4 hours ago, Muzza2108 said:

If you only have regional reputation you will struggle to get a good job like those you are talking about... You need a national rep at least before you can think about those jobs.

I shouldn't have to win trophies to get a better reputation than regional. If you are in the Premier League for 3 seasons and you do well there, people are going to know about you. My situation is like if the only people who had ever heard of Ronald Koeman lived in Southampton and Liverpool. Mauricio Pochettino hasn't won any trophies in England but he is regarded as one of the best managers in the league. 

I do think this is a little unrealistic. A regional reputation is for managers at League One clubs and below. All Premier League managers should have a national reputation at the least.

7 minutes ago, Dec said:

What I mean is clubs' preferred style isn't a factor in the hiring in game @Fish18ish

I always thought it was perhaps a hidden attribute. Maybe it should be then.