Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Winding Road To 1k

samhardy

Still going pretty well in my opinion, though shame about the little injuries. As for Southgate, the FA seem to love him. Took 12 years of underachievement in my save before they sacked him.... Hope it's quicker for you.

I think his goals will be somewhat jumpy due to the nature of the challenge, he's doing decently enough though. Shame a number of those kids didn't live up to expectations, even less tempted to use them now :P 

PS. Boo, regens! 

18 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

31 screenshots. Is this the winding road to posting 1K screenshots? :laugh::laugh:

Going super, mate!

That's the side challenge ;)

16 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Still going pretty well in my opinion, though shame about the little injuries. As for Southgate, the FA seem to love him. Took 12 years of underachievement in my save before they sacked him.... Hope it's quicker for you.

Sadly I think he's got the no sacking unlockable active :(

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

I think his goals will be somewhat jumpy due to the nature of the challenge, he's doing decently enough though. Shame a number of those kids didn't live up to expectations, even less tempted to use them now :P 

PS. Boo, regens! 

Here comes the moaning! You need to move with the times regarding youngsters and regens, no wonder you lose every H2H you participate in!

3 hours ago, DarkPearl said:

What tactic are you using?

A variety of tactics!

A few theme suggestions:

1. Unique formation each month
  2. Entire squad same age as Rashford
  3. Buy 2nd fiddle players only (players with fewer than 50 apps)
  4. Buy lower division players only
  5. Buy players with 3 greens max! :)

Theme suggestions:

• Buy new players only from clubs that come in for your old players.
  • Build an entire squad of versatile midfielders.
  • Buy players with a single name only

Tell me you have enough suggestions or I'll keep bugging you.

Can never have enough suggestions @BatiGoal so keep bugging me ;)

5 hours ago, Callumgnc said:

Nice career! Mangala isn't a regen by the way - an awesome cheaper alternative to Tielemans from the same club.

Cheers. Yeah seems to be an error as I've definitely heard of him :P

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Small update: The transfers in/out section finally crashes at £2.14B each. Not sure whether this is a bug or not :P

TdUeR1Fl.jpg

Such a shame! Already so high yet so early in the save, would have been awesome to see how high you could have got it. @Jack Joyce

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Such a shame! Already so high yet so early in the save, would have been awesome to see how high you could have got it. @Jack Joyce

This is unfortunately the highest number that this type of variable can hold.

1 minute ago, Jack Joyce said:

This is unfortunately the highest number that this type of variable can hold.

That's what I thought hence didn't want to report it as a bug. Cheers :)

Sucks but understandable haha, anyone remember the PSP limit? It's not coming to mind :/. It was easy to hit though due to the transfer bug, image if that was still a thing where you could sell your players for any price you wanted. 

Season Six

Apologies for the delay between seasons but here is the update to make up for the aforementioned delay. There's a lot of potential themes building up now so that's settled for the future however after making sure season six wasn't an AFCON season I decided to jump in and set the theme for this season as African players only.

The squad

Spoiler

O1Dw2ual.jpg

3FiLa44l.jpg

A nice squad overall although it contains slightly less players than what I'd usually like to work with. Mastour and Tuanzebe were eligible to stay from last season and there are no outstandingly weak points in the squad. Extremely well rounded whereas Ziyech proved to be the best signing of the season so far overtaking Rony Lopes from one of the opening seasons!

The season

YNAk0LDl.jpg

Undoubtedly the best season of the save so far as we win almost everything available. In the end we were one game away from having a perfect season. Retaining the Champions League is key to the challenge whereas the FA Cup hoodoo finally came to an end. The league was a breeze and we were never really challenged, falling just a few goals short of that particular record.

Spoiler

Kl3ExRJl.jpg

4bSIRLLl.jpg

rkeVGm9l.jpg

cuoGuwil.jpg

b5V6Q4Ml.jpg

fF1aolml.jpg

BRnptXol.jpg

The Main Event - Marcus Rashford

zhqoAcOl.jpg

An improvement in stats when I thought he'd reached his peak. Key attributes have been improved as well such as dribbling, decisions and stamina. The improvement in stamina really paid dividends as well as for the first time he played over 60 games in a season.

wuQc0rvl.jpg

Rashford won almost every award available this season including the domestic and world player of the year.

j2bnLOKl.jpg

Finally the season I've been waiting for! A massive season as for the first time he plays over 60 games in a season and that produced a huge amount of goals which I'd be happy to achieve in a season in his prime. He started scoring a lot more consistently this season which is also crucial and over 400 goals in six seasons without international management (still no sign of Southgate getting sacked) represents an extremely solid return. A couple more seasons like this one and we're well ahead of schedule.

The Supporting Cast

One more than just the starting XI due to injuries.

Spoiler

4M1hGSOl.jpg

Not very good but there was a very limited choice of goalkeepers to pick up for this particular theme so taking that into account I couldn't have expected much more.

y4oFGS7l.jpg

f24JOKDl.jpg

11FLREQl.jpg

nLaYTxyl.jpg

I enjoyed using the right hand side of the defence as Bailly and Aurier were extremely consistent, however unfortunately the other side in the shape of Ghoulam and Tuanzebe were completely the opposite and were partly to blame for the poor season defensive wise considering we should be closer to the goals conceded record of 15 conceded currently held by Chelsea.

WLZs6obl.jpg

F4E6Tb6l.jpg

Lemina was probably my favourite central midfielder of the save so far due to his influence in both boxes. Kessie was good but for the transfer fee I expected a little bit more.

ZW6msqKl.jpg

LW8Aw9Yl.jpg

N9XWi61l.jpg

Mastour was constantly injured for the second season running which meant Boufal and Mahrez were usually deployed on the wings - both provided a good number of assists.

DXKds4Dl.jpg

Incredible :O

The Records

Spoiler
  • Most consecutive title wins - Manchester City (6) *
  • Biggest title winning margin - Manchester City 18/19 (23)
  • Most Wins in a season - Manchester City 18/19, 19/20 (32)
  • Most consecutive wins - Manchester City 2019 (15)
  • Longest unbeaten run - Manchester City 2018-2020 (75)
  • Most goals in a season - Chelsea 09/10 (103)
  • Fewest goals conceded in a season - Chelsea 03/04 (15)
  • Best goal difference in a season - Chelsea 09/10 (+71)
  • Most points in a season - Manchester City 19/20 (102)
  • Biggest Win - Manchester United v Ipswich 1995 (9-0)

No change in the records this season although we were close to the goals scored record; I expect that to be broken soon. The biggest win record will be the one that will cause the most trouble I believe.

Additional Screenshots

Spoiler

TsGIz3ol.jpg

WPOTY double!

7gcHgMsl.jpg

Another unlockable.

8KwDSOsl.jpg

Transfer values finally frozen :(

qHwVH54l.jpg

wvMZOAZl.jpg

Rashford scoring for fun :D

Total goals - 409

Thank you for reading as usual and hopefully the wait was worth it :)

Great stuff! Ziyech had a killer season indeed. He's playing in the Dutch Eredivisie and is one of the best performers every week. Perhaps still seeking his groove since his move to Ajax but he's quality. And Rashford not too bad himself of course. The 80-goal mark must be one of your goals next season. KIU!

I told you Lemina was good! Really enjoyed using him this year. Ziyech however really stormed it! I used him a lot in previous years but that's an incredible return! 

Congrats on Rashford hitting those big numbers, let's hope it continues! 

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great stuff! Ziyech had a killer season indeed. He's playing in the Dutch Eredivisie and is one of the best performers every week. Perhaps still seeking his groove since his move to Ajax but he's quality. And Rashford not too bad himself of course. The 80-goal mark must be one of your goals next season. KIU!

Hopefully with another injury free season he can hit the 80 goal mark. Would also be nice if Southgate lost his job!

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I told you Lemina was good! Really enjoyed using him this year. Ziyech however really stormed it! I used him a lot in previous years but that's an incredible return! 

Congrats on Rashford hitting those big numbers, let's hope it continues! 

Both players were incredible and Lemina as a BBM was unstoppable at times. Rashford seems to be scoring a lot more consistently now so hopefully it continues :)

That's an excellent season - great stuff! Can't believe you're doing so well when you totally turn the squad upside down each year. Killing it!

8 hours ago, scratch99 said:

That's an excellent season - great stuff! Can't believe you're doing so well when you totally turn the squad upside down each year. Killing it!

Cheers Scratch, the next theme will probably be either the lower division one or players with less than 50 apps so we'll see how he copes then!

Still no 1000 gls for you. That's sucks for a legend like you. And if you don't mind I'll keep reminding you.

Where's your 1K, mate? I need to see your 1000 goals. Get on with it!! :P

On 1/31/2017 at 00:09, samhardy said:

..but the one outstanding was the legendary 1K challenge that my relationship with in the past has been fairly strained to say the least, I've never completed it and only attempted it twice, the first of which ended in me not touching the game again for about 12 months. This year I'm determined to break the duck and get it completed, ..

still waiting..

On 4/8/2017 at 08:47, BatiGoal said:

still waiting..

13 minutes ago, Jens said:

You're pure evil, you are.

Like, the Mr. Burns of Vibe.

:laugh::P:laugh:

1 hour ago, Mr.Manager said:

Gutted mate. Will you go again?

Probably not this year, mostly because I know I'll never get in a better position to complete it this year!

Whatever @BatiGoal you're secretly dancing because your record with Asier will still stand :P

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Watever @BatiGoal you're secretly dancing because your record with Asier will still stand :P

I was going to say yes just to annoy you but no, mate, I love the competition too much ;) if Asier remains on top on EME I might go for a 1KC on OME and attempt to hold both records at the same time.