Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Hyperpep And Other Tales Of Your Ai Predecessor

Meestercat

I thought I'd post here about my experience of taking over at Man City, and also open it up for everyone to discuss their tales of 'interesting' team building by the former manager of their club.

So.... it's February 2021, after a meteoric rises through the leagues via Stockport, York and Hull, an up-and-coming Uruguayan coach (me) gets offered the chance of a lifetime at Man City after Pep gets the boot. 

On the first day I sit at my swanky new desk and survey the situation. The team is 6th, in the EFL cup final, into the knockout stages of the Europa Cup, but out of the FA Cup (a bizarre 5-1 thumping by Rochdale). Not bad I think. There is £107m in the transfer budget, pretty good, shame the window has closed. Let's review the squad that the petrodollar has provided...

*stunned silence*

So I have *double checks* one LB and no RBs, not even anyone who could be a makeshift cover. I have the original CBs from 2016. 

Lets check midfield. *facepalms* I have 8, eight! lightweight creative attacking midfielders with, er... Bruno Zuculini and Sergi Samper as the CMs. 

Upfront? *deep breath* Oh, ok... So I have NINE strikers. Icardi, Iheanacho and Berahino look ok. Dutch regen looks not bad. Ancient Aguero and Bony on HUGE wages is less good.

Pep! What were you doing?!

45 minutes ago, veerus said:

Fraudiola??:laugh:

Well he hasn't exactly set the world alight in 5 years! 

I know he likes a midfielder, but that is a seriously unbalanced squad! I'm not sure where the striker collecting came from though. I suppose I should have done my research before accepting the job, but after scrimping at poor clubs I couldn't resist the urge of throwing cash around.

@Meestercat The AI manager tends to hog valuable players even if they don't need players in that position. I think they changed it somewhat this year though, usually I'd be able to get Casemiro from Real Madrid for 7.5-9m within 5 years (now I can't)