Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Aloysius Paulus Maria "louis" Van Gaal Challenge

danovic78

The Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal Challenge

2yyc9jn.jpg

Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal is one of the most decorated managers in world football.

Before his career as a coach, Van Gaal played as a midfielder for Royal Antwerp, Telstar, Sparta Rotterdam, Ajax and AZ. He is also a fully qualified physical education teacher and has worked as such at high schools during various stages of his career as a semi-professional footballer.

After a brief spell as coach at AZ, Van Gaal served as assistant coach under Leo Beenhakker at Ajax and eventually took over as head coach in 1991. Under his lead, the club won three Eredivisie titles, the UEFA Cup, and the Champions League. He moved to Barcelona in 1997 and won two Spanish league titles and one Copa del Rey. After some disagreements at Barcelona, he was appointed coach of the Netherlands national team, but failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup. 

Another brief spell at Barcelona followed before he became manager of AZ. After winning the Eredivisie with AZ in 2008–09, he was hired by Bayern Munich on 1 July 2009. In his first season at Bayern, he secured the Bundesliga title, won the DFB-Pokal, and reached the final of the Champions League. 

In July 2012, he was appointed manager of the Netherlands for the second time and led them to third place at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, before leaving for Manchester United. He had a satisfactory first season. However, after only finishing fifth in his second season he was sacked and replaced by José Mourinho, despite winning the FA Cup.

Can you match van Gaal's trophy haul and go even better?

Rules

Load up Holland, Spain, Germany and England. Take control of any top flight Dutch team (Ajax if you want to be authentic)

Stage 1: In Holland you must win at least -

3 x Eredivisie
3 x KNVB Cup (Dutch Cup)
3 x Johan Cruyff Shield (Dutch Super Cup)
2 x European Trophies (UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League)
1 x UEFA Super Cup
1 x FIFA Club World Cup

Stage 2: Move to Spain where you must win at least -

2 x La Liga
1 x Copa del Rey
1 x UEFA Super Cup

Stage 3: Head back to Holland now, with a different club than you started with to win -

1 x Eredivisie

Stage 4: Off to Germany next to win at least -

1 x Bundesliga
1 x DFB-Pokal (German Cup) 
1 x DFB-Supercup 

Stage 5: Then finally head to England to win -

1 x FA Cup

BONUS - Land the Holland job and win any major trophy.

RULES

1 .Own formations only.

2. No use of the editors, myclub or anything like that so no created players or editing of existing ones.

3. Original database only.

4. No cheating which includes reloading.

5. Photo evidence will be required so i suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.

6. No unlockables unless earn't on that save.

Leaderboard

Edited by danovic78
18 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

Seems interesting... will give it a try .

Does it matter which match engine i play with?

Not at all, either engine for all the challenges on here.

4 hours ago, Daniel Chan said:

Can I use van Gaal's tactics? (to keep it authentic) :)

You should as an extra degree of difficulty.  Especially the ones he used at United.  Defensive mentality, short passing, men behind the ball, and, uh, DLF/DF only as strikers.

12 minutes ago, Taff said:

and he's back to what he does best ladies and gentlemen I present @danovic78 the master of creating excellent Challenges

Dude I'm on this as soon as i get kicked out of the Challenge Cup

Thanks mate, I'm sure you will smash this one too.