Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Match Stats Request

Ashez

Hey all, I have a theory which I want to look into but I need some more evidence outside of the way I'm playing. I'm hoping you guys can provide me with what I'm after. 

Can you please post full time EME screenshots of the detailed match stat screen (one with passing, shooting, heading etc on) here. Post as many unique ones as you like, the more the better. Wins, losses or draws it doesn't really matter, try and be diverse I suppose. 

I'd also appreciate it if you could also provide the roles used in your formation and the team instructions. Not as important but it will help me work some things out, if you wanna help but be secretive the midfield set up alone is probably enough for me. 

Hopefully this gets a few responses as what I'm looking into is pretty big. 

Screenshot_20170204-193735.png

Screenshot_20170204-193752.png

Screenshot_20170204-193757.png

I played a Don and a Cm in the middle not 2 CMs

One important stat missing in the stat screen is crossing, I think I should know how many crosses my players attempted and completed so I can be able to analyze my wingers. SI should think about it

I don't play on the EME but I'm pretty excited to hear more about your theory :D

Sounds promising and intriguing at the same time @Ashez I'll chip in with "normal" formations. Not sure some of the very unusual formations I've been using would be useful to you and screw up your stats. 

343 but these resulst are with almost the best squad you can buy in fmm. Already pretty far in too the save

Edited by PriZe

Thanks everyone :)

Just trying to prove the EME is a massive fraud tbh. You've all been lied to. The engine is a joke when you actually look at it and look at the stats, as realistic as cartoons. A massive aspect of world football is almost ignored on this engine, not surprised half the roles don't work as expected. 

Noticed something shocking on my save and the trend continues in most these images. Better in some granted but nowhere near the levels it should be at. Tactically what about this engine is realistic? Please I beg someone to tell me.

I've recently made a tactic based on real life, it works and dominates so I wanted to do a big write up so i looked at the stats and discovered they're a joke. I genuinely couldn't tell you how or why my tactic works as by stats it should be awful due to one critical flaw in the engine. I can now almost explain why one role doesn't work and why odd things like Bati's five striker formations work, it's fascinatingly frustrating. 

Visually the EME flows much better but based on stats alone I'd argue the OME is the realistic engine. 

Edited by Ashez

@Ashez I'll try to get some for you later, don't have any to hand right now and no game time right now either. I have noticed that they can be quite different depending on formation. 

As for the EME being a fraud, well I wouldn't be surprised about that. It seems pretty good when the highlights are showing, but most of the game is in-between the highlights. I've always wondered if the game plays along using a cut-down EME engine, until an event is triggered, at which point the full EME engine kicks in until the event is over, and then the cut-down engine takes over again. That would make things much faster.

Most of the stats are generated during cut-down EME part (if that's actually what happens), so probably aren't as realistic. 

Anyway, can't wait to see your findings and would love to see an official response to your findings as well!

Edited by scratch99

I think the opposite and that ome is a fraud engine which feels so scripted it's unplayable. Eme is very enjoyable compared to that joke engine imo.

Edited by Mikee1984

I'm unsure what I'm going to do with what I've found. Debating it with myself currently. 

@scratch99 Well what's the engine the visuals or the stats? Can only be one or the other. FMM is a stat based game and IMO the stats are, pretty visuals are nice but they show you little compared to the stats. The stats have to be right and with this being billed as "a realistic engine" it should make bloody sense and be realistic. I've had this discussion hundreds of times but FMM has to be spot on with it's stats, if not what's the point. How is it possible for FMM to be visual based when it shows you nothing and what it does show you is too late. The stats are real time action, the visuals are just the highlights and snippets. Also if the visuals were the key com only wouldn't be an option. 

46 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

I think the opposite and that ome is a fraud engine which feels so scripted it's unplayable. Eme is very enjoyable compared to that joke engine imo.

I'm not debating that, I'll agree hands down the EME is the better engine in terms of fun. The OME is old hat and we all have it memorised. But in terms of stat based gameplay and realism I'd argue the OME is better. I personally can get enjoyment out of both engines but the EME has a mountain of problems I can't believe are overlooked so often by fans. The OME has excuses as it's four years old or something and been unchanged, the EME is meant to be the future and it's a mess. 

I think EME is better than OME .no matter what tactic i play with on OME , i find it hard to score while opponent scores whenever they want but that isn't the case in EME. On OME opponent don't change their tactics whether they are losing or winning .

EME to me is bit realistic , Opponent change their tactics to counter your. If play game in extended mode you can see almost full highlight but for sometimes it vanishes , this is where i agree with @Ashez . 

My questions are :

1) what's shocking??

2) how stats and match engine made you realize that Engine is fraud ?

3) what flaw you are talking  about??

Eagerly waiting for you @Ashez to write about it in depth mate.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Thanks everyone :)

Just trying to prove the EME is a massive fraud tbh. You've all been lied to. The engine is a joke when you actually look at it and look at the stats, as realistic as cartoons. A massive aspect of world football is almost ignored on this engine, not surprised half the roles don't work as expected. 

Noticed something shocking on my save and the trend continues in most these images. Better in some granted but nowhere near the levels it should be at. Tactically what about this engine is realistic? Please I beg someone to tell me.

I've recently made a tactic based on real life, it works and dominates so I wanted to do a big write up so i looked at the stats and discovered they're a joke. I genuinely couldn't tell you how or why my tactic works as by stats it should be awful due to one critical flaw in the engine. I can now almost explain why one role doesn't work and why odd things like Bati's five striker formations work, it's fascinatingly frustrating. 

Visually the EME flows much better but based on stats alone I'd argue the OME is the realistic engine. 

I do not think OME is more realistic. 

OME has its own problem.

The pass in stats is really a problem.

The pass of FC and wide player is really too less. 

Don't get me wrong the OME has many flaws, it's massively outdated without a doubt. The OME is massively "rigged" and the goal scoring issues are laughable. However the EME has many similar issues which often get brushed under the carpet. due to the EME having less bullshit I genuinely think the EME is much easier than the OME. I've achieved saves on the EME which I couldn't dream of on the OME like 5 back to back undefeated seasons last year. If you know what you're doing the EME is a doddle from my experience.

Anyway the OME vs EME debate is getting away from the point, there is only one clear winner in that general debate but the EME is way more wonky stat wise, which was my point. All I am talking about here is the stat aspect, the better AI and all that is a separate animal and is unquestionably better, as it should be. 

I can't decide if I want to attempt a big write up or just dump the idea out there :/. Funny thing is i forced myself to stop doing this shit, I took a back seat and walked away from this. I've really enjoyed FMM again in the last few months, I've played plenty of the OME and really enjoyed it, six months on the EME and I'm at breaking point again. You look at any OME vs EME explanation thread and all you see is the EME is the realistic one which is simply a myth. Just look at those stats above. 

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Don't get me wrong the OME has many flaws, it's massively outdated without a doubt. The OME is massively "rigged" and the goal scoring issues are laughable. However the EME has many similar issues which often get brushed under the carpet. due to the EME having less bullshit I genuinely think the EME is much easier than the OME. I've achieved saves on the EME which I couldn't dream of on the OME like 5 back to back undefeated seasons last year. If you know what you're doing the EME is a doddle from my experience.

Anyway the OME vs EME debate is getting away from the point, there is only one clear winner in that general debate but the EME is way more wonky stat wise, which was my point. All I am talking about here is the stat aspect, the better AI and all that is a separate animal and is unquestionably better, as it should be. 

I can't decide if I want to attempt a big write up or just dump the idea out there :/. Funny thing is i forced myself to stop doing this shit, I took a back seat and walked away from this. I've really enjoyed FMM again in the last few months, I've played plenty of the OME and really enjoyed it, six months on the EME and I'm at breaking point again. You look at any OME vs EME explanation thread and all you see is the EME is the realistic one which is simply a myth. Just look at those stats above. 

I never thimk fmh/fmm is a stats based game. I enjoy the highlights.

And current role and team instruction can not do what we expected in EME.

But it is a long way to go.

9 minutes ago, rseven said:

I never thimk fmh/fmm is a stats based game. I enjoy the highlights.

And current role and team instruction can not do what we expected in EME.

But it is a long way to go.

But those visuals are made by the stats. Never understood that point of view, I do enjoy the visuals on the EME but that's just polish with the stats being the meat. I can genuinely get annoyed when I'm trying to read the stats and a highlight happens lol. Maybe years of com only on the OME have made me have these views though. 

I agree, everything tactically is very limited but what I've found could be one reason for this. I need to do some digging on real life stats but the issue on FMM are clear to see. My main issue is confirmed as wonky but I need to look at reasons/justifications for this. Basically it'll be a lot of work for a niche article that will be ignored. However i feel what I've found changes everything, especially to how I play and like to set up formations. The games stats are that wonky people are being conned into doing the right thing which FMM isn't seeing etc. 

I agree the stats are messed up 

Sometimes I play a BWM and in 90 minutes they don't even attempt a tackle which is unrealistic

I've yet play on the EME but from my experience it is not more realistic, it just has more highlights and this BS 'clear cut chances' visual. The OME this year I'm finding different to past years. Tactic wise they've limited us more by getting rid of player roles in certain positions.

The EME certainly has its problems.  But this being a simpler mobile game from its PC big brother, the stats are bit more abstracted and thus deserve more of a pass from me personally.  I agree that on any passing setting but short, passing #s look a bit low but if that's your only major complaint, I feel that's a fairly inconsequential one.  I also haven't had too many complaints about the other stats.  

Short passing actually delivers realistic looking passing results though.  I'm currently running some tests with United in a 4-1(DLP)-2(BBM)-2(IF/AP)-1 using short passing.  My DLP is averaging ~46 passes/game, the two BBMs are at 32&34/game, AP is at 30 and IF is at 20.

On both engines, passing #s are the biggest indicator to how well your team is doing so I totally understand where you're coming from.  But the other thing to realize is that in EME, these stats are heavily affected by possession %.  The difference between 50% and 45% possession could (and often does) depress the passing #s by a lot more than it feels like it should.  Again, not perfect, but once you kind of figure out how it presents its data from the simulation, it's workable.  

1 hour ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

I've yet play on the EME but from my experience it is not more realistic, .

LOL :unamused: I ve yet to play on the OME myself but I dislike it for the same reason as you!

My theory has little to do with passing, it's true it could impact it somewhat which needs looking into but the theory itself is not passing related. 

Hi @Ashez

As promised, here are some stats (if you still need them):

Spoiler

ashez1.png.f62043eac217fdb241c65d491298cfb6.png

ashez2.png.c8de4a1c8f4bffee7990c32dff827557.png

ashez3.png.231517c1ea99ea310c0f102548b70ae3.png

ashez4.png.f7eb912fb7b9c7fa7b2fcb8ef8b93e55.png

ashez5.png.d8d659f137d36d8395f8bf230b2f4516.png

ashez6.png.cbc5d15f615f95738967493910c98712.png

ashez7.png.8a1943534da7d27d1cdb4017cca1b09a.png

I agree with you that they should try to make the stats as realistic as possible, but I also have a background as a developer so I generally cut them some slack as:

• that's an extremely difficult thing to do, especially with the variety of things to consider, ie different tactics, mix of players, weather, form, etc (probably like whack-a-mole, every time you tweak something to make part a realistic, then part b goes wrong); and

• even if you work out how to do it very realistically, you still need to make it work on a variety of devices with limited hardware power and there will be a realism vs performance tradeoff they have to make.

Personally, I know that it's not that accurate, but I choose to ignore it because it's the best out there by a long way and I still enjoy it! Sort of like watching a movie where you know there are plot holes if you look too closely.:)

Anyway, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't keep striving to make it more realistic, so I can't wait to see what you've come up with and I hope SI then use that to make the game more realistic.

Hi Ashez,

If you are still looking for stats started a new save with Pescara.

Was never one to look deeply into stats, but hope these are useful. As for the OME vs. EME debate, I have been using the latter for FMM17, though most of the fun is in the new leagues and not due to tangible improvements in either engine.

Screenshot_20170206-125924.png

Screenshot_20170206-130156.png

Screenshot_20170206-130205.png

Screenshot_20170206-125943.png

Screenshot_20170206-132108.png

Edited by Seth Anacondas
'FMM17'