Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Match Stats Request

Ashez

Realistic is the buzz word and the aim but not really the ideal word. Believable or actually at least reflecting real life football is more what I'm looking for. I don't want total realism, I never have as that simply wouldn't be fun, however not reflecting football at all is an issue. 

Thanks for the images guys, I think I can safely say the issue wasn't just on my save/with my set up and is an issue with the current engine. I've spoke in private about this with a few people and they seem to support my theory across their saves and experiences too. 

My issue now is what to do. If I just reveal my theory it won't have the impact it should. If I go into detail on the theory it will unleash the hate I've tried to surpress and take a stupid amount of time to research and write. You all seem happy with the engine so do I really want to be shattering the experience for everyone. Once you notice it and realise how much it impacts everything the engine does and how we play it there isn't any going back.

You should reveal it else what's the point as SI cannot fix it? Even if it is in a private message. Can you PM it me at least so I can have a discussion with the dev team about it myself?

Thanks.

Just now, Dec said:

You should reveal it else what's the point as SI cannot fix it? Even if it is in a private message. Can you PM it me at least so I can have a discussion with the dev team about it myself?

Thanks.

As Dec says, we'd like to hear about any potential issues. Send me a PM on here if you don't want to post it in this thread.

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You all seem happy with the engine so do I really want to be shattering the experience for everyone. Once you notice it and realise how much it impacts everything the engine does and how we play it there isn't any going back.

redpillbluepill.JPG.bfd8a569bb5a32cd64719378e9a10bd3.JPG

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." :) 

Seriously though, if you think it will make that much impact, then you have a tough choice! What did the people you shared it with say? Do they think it will take the enjoyment out of the game? And is it something you can exploit (ie once we know this, will we all change the way we play and become unbeatable)? If the answer to either of these is yes, then maybe hold off telling us all. 

But either way, I agree you should at least let SI know and see what they say and whether it's something they can fix/improve.

@Ashez I think you gotta at least tell us the theory, you can't say i think I've found something out and then leave everyone wondering. But that's just my opinion 

The theory has been confirmed as fact and is being looked into. I'm going to leave this here for now, i will however likely be posting a formation in the coming days where i will touch upon this issue as it was discovered due to wanting to write a detailed formation guide/article/post whatever you want to call it. 

I've played six months on the EME and it's so easy to pull apart, i seriously wish i played in a different way and could look past all these issues. 

On February 5, 2017 at 03:17, PriZe said:

pdT6xzV.png

uJhmNFK.png

KvhJtRe.png

W-APM-BBM-W where apm is set as primary outlet!

I'm sorry but how tf did your CM Lo Celso complete only two passes all game? Something is wrong 

1 minute ago, HalaDMV said:

I'm sorry but how tf did your CM Lo Celso complete only two passes all game? Something is wrong 

And one was an assist lmao! I missed that as I wasn't looking at passing. 

@Ashez and he made 3 interceptions too. When you intercept the ball don't you attempt a pass? Weird stat. Also for me my wing backs many times play a full game and only make 7 passes sometimes. 

47 minutes ago, HalaDMV said:

Good question for SI :laugh:

Just drop the theory on here under a spolier so that people can choose whether they want to find it our or not.

This won't be a popular decision and I know it's a massive tease but I've decided to keep the information to myself. 

The reason being is the negativity around the game has largely disappeared of late and I don't want to be responsible for the attitude changing. I was originally going to say what the issue was but the deeper I got into thinking about all the issues it created the bigger and more damaging the issue got. 

You all seem to be enjoying the game with the issue going under the radar so just forget about this. The people who need to know now know so hopefully SI can sort it out in the future. There has been no mention elsewhere of the issue I discovered so let's just continue on that track. It was a real glass shattering moment for me and I'm not going to do it to others. As I've said previously it's something I'd genuinely rather not know. 

While that is a massive tease, I appreciate and respect your decision. Games are all about illusion and simulation on some level. Breaking that illusion can be extremely damaging. Hopefully you're still enjoying the game on OME.

I would love to know how your theory that you said the eme Is a fraud and all the rest is now a fact in just 3 days. How have you come to that conclusion so fast?? And also if it's true then I just sincerely hope that SI finally scraps that awful ome engine which is so outdated and concentrates on making the eme the best it can possibly be.

46 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

I would love to know how your theory that you said the eme Is a fraud and all the rest is now a fact in just 3 days. How have you come to that conclusion so fast?? And also if it's true then I just sincerely hope that SI finally scraps that awful ome engine which is so outdated and concentrates on making the eme the best it can possibly be.

Because I've had my theory confirmed and it's a somewhat known issue at SI. The theory involves various things not working and the game not working as you'd expect and SI are looking into it. 

The OME has hardly been touched in three years outside of adding outlets. The EME being poor has no impact from the OME also being present on the game, the EME is poor just because it is. 

Edited by Ashez

Fair enough if it's been confirmed but seriously you think the eme is poor, I'd say it's flawed and far from perfect but poor it is not.  And also if this guy isn't willing to share his theory would anyone from SI care to shed some light.

31 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Fair enough if it's been confirmed but seriously you think the eme is poor, I'd say it's flawed and far from perfect but poor it is not.  And also if this guy isn't willing to share his theory would anyone from SI care to shed some light.

It's poor to me because it's not what I want from FMM, the visuals are really good but everything else about it doesn't interest me or is less than I expect. 

1. No tactical benefit over the OME, both have the same options. With how super it's meant to be I expect more control, more options and just a better experience

2. Stats are seriously wonky

3. Stupid formations work

4. Long shots are infuriating 

5. Some roles simply don't work

6. No benefit for using com only

7. Same stats and info as OME

It just doesn't do enough for me, I've grown to enjoy the EME and it is vastly improved over how it was originally but the issues massively hold it back IMO. Personally I have issues with both engines, I can play both and I enjoy both but I'm personally hoping for a new engine that adds to the game and expands it compared to just being a tad sexier. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

This won't be a popular decision and I know it's a massive tease but I've decided to keep the information to myself. 

While I admit there's part of me that wants to know more, I totally respect your decision. That was a tough choice for you mate. I'll back you and I'm sure most here will as well.

Hopefully SI can do something about the problem and you can tell us what it was in a year or two, when we're all using the new RME (Realistic Match Engine)! :)

In the meantime, I hope it doesn't affect your ability to enjoy the game.

19 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's poor to me because it's not what I want from FMM, the visuals are really good but everything else about it doesn't interest me or is less than I expect. 

1. No tactical benefit over the OME, both have the same options. With how super it's meant to be I expect more control, more options and just a better experience

2. Stats are seriously wonky

4. Long shots are infuriating 

5. Some roles simply don't work

6. No benefit for using com only

7. Same stats and info as OME

It just doesn't do enough for me, I've grown to enjoy the EME and it is vastly improved over how it was originally but the issues massively hold it back IMO. Personally I have issues with both engines, I can play both and I enjoy both but I'm personally hoping for a new engine that adds to the game and expands it compared to just being a tad sexier. 

I think it must be a case of you outgrowing the game then for sure, because although we all know the eme has issues you just can't seem to get past them judging by your constant put downs of the engine. And I definitely think your in a very small minority of eme haters Maybe you should be playing Fm17 to get that full experience that you aren't getting from Fmm 17 anymore. 

Why are you attacking him for choosing not to reveal something you knew nothing about a day ago? He doesn't owe you anything. Besides, he never said he hated EME, just that it's flawed.

SI had done a good job of making the engine feel realistic and that's enough for most people. I appreciate him not wanting to ruin that illusion for others. 

9 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

I think it must be a case of you outgrowing the game then for sure, because although we all know the eme has issues you just can't seem to get past them judging by your constant put downs of the engine. And I definitely think your in a very small minority of eme haters Maybe you should be playing Fm17 to get that full experience that you aren't getting from Fmm 17 anymore. 

Maybe all the put downs of the engine are because it has a lot of problems which some people want improving?

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Maybe all the put downs of the engine are because it has a lot of problems which some people want improving?

Maybe they are, it's a 7 pound game for gods sake if your not happy do one and go play fm on pc or don't buy the game next time.

10 minutes ago, veerus said:

Why are you attacking him for choosing not to reveal something you knew nothing about a day ago? He doesn't owe you anything. Besides, he never said he hated EME, just that it's flawed.

SI had done a good job of making the engine feel realistic and that's enough for most people. I appreciate him not wanting to ruin that illusion for others. 

Haha knew it wouldn't be long before an ashez fanboy says something  but to say I'm attacking him get a grip of yourself, I'm voicing an opinion which is what this sites about. But yeah I think it's very selfish to ask people to help send screenshots etc and then not reveal.

3 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha knew it wouldn't be long before an ashez fanboy says something  but to say I'm attacking him get a grip of yourself, I'm voicing an opinion which is what this sites about. But yeah I think it's very selfish to ask people to help send screenshots etc and then not reveal.

I voiced an opinion and you told me to stay away from the game.

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

I voiced an opinion and you told me to stay away from the game.

I made a suggestion to all the whingers out there I didn't tell you anything.

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Very selfish? For spending my time as a fan investigating a problem I thought I saw? And then when I'd confirmed to myself that there was indeed a problem spending over two hours doing research and writing a "report" for SI to use to improve an engine I'm not even the biggest fan of for people like you? This isn't my job, I get and have always got absolutely nothing from posting here apart from the entertainment I like to think I bring to the community and trying to improve the game. I then even decided not to share my findings to the general fan base as they massively ruined the EME for me and I don't won't to ruin it for anyone else, even though I knew I'd recieve an arsey comment like this due to that decision. 

Maybe I am selfish as I didn't thank the community enough for their involvement in this study, I gave a like to everyone but I should have also thanked them. I'm sorry for not saying thank you but thank you to everyone that helped in this thread, myself and the community that actually want the game to improve appreciate it. 

Well I guess there's nothing left for me to say cause I'll be wrong regardless, but just so you know I wasn't having a go and my comment wasn't arsey as you say it was an opinion which has clearly got to you.

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm a formations guy, well, I love doing my experiments. I'm guessing you're refering to my 2-2-1-5 TKO but I gotta say it only works if a whole lot of conditions are met otherwise it fails big time like any other crazy formations I've tried. And I haven't seen any other ones posted here other than the TKO one. Not questioning your theory mate, I'm sincerely curious about these "stupid" formations you mentioned work. Wondering if it's the set-up itself or if the player role combos play part in "making it work". Any examples?

Right everyone calm down and stop being aggressive. It's a game and it is up to Ash if he discloses it. The important people have it so it isn't a wasted venture as it is going to improve the game. Thanks