Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Match Stats Request

Ashez

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

This won't be a popular decision and I know it's a massive tease but I've decided to keep the information to myself. 

The reason being is the negativity around the game has largely disappeared of late and I don't want to be responsible for the attitude changing. I was originally going to say what the issue was but the deeper I got into thinking about all the issues it created the bigger and more damaging the issue got. 

You all seem to be enjoying the game with the issue going under the radar so just forget about this. The people who need to know now know so hopefully SI can sort it out in the future. There has been no mention elsewhere of the issue I discovered so let's just continue on that track. It was a real glass shattering moment for me and I'm not going to do it to others. As I've said previously it's something I'd genuinely rather not know.

I think most of us understand why you aren't revealing.

But the negativity disappearing hasn't really meant positivity, more like patience. I'm under the assumption hotfixes are still going on, so while the game still deeply breaks my immersion, I'm not complaining. Manager of the month/year still doesn't work. Athletic Club still has non-basque graduates. Playable African Nations don't seem to appoint any manager. 

I'll have to admit though, I don't watch the engine, I leave my phone and do something else and only come back at half and full time. I've likely not noticed the big issue you noticed. But at least I'm pretty sure a few roles don't work the way they should, like I've curiously noticed limited defenders playing more offensive than my central defender. Also I'm pretty sure real players tackle more often than intercept, but all I've seen in this game is about 25 interceptions between my players and 0-3 tackles.

Edited by Meow

I'm sure a reason I noticed the issues is because the engine takes an age to play on my device so I have more time to look at things, one positive I suppose haha. 

Anyway this thread has served it's purpose, the relevant steps have been taken to try and iron out the issue so I'm happy to end this all here, no point continuing for the sake of it. 

All I will say is if you think the game has an issue just research it and pass on your evidence. Sure you can just tell SI about an issue but the more evidence you have to back up your claim the more they have to listen. That was the point of this thread as I wanted to ensure the issue wasn't due to my tactic/of my creation. 

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm a formations guy, well, I love doing my experiments. I'm guessing you're refering to my 2-2-1-5 TKO but I gotta say it only works if a whole lot of conditions are met otherwise it fails big time like any other crazy formations I've tried. And I haven't seen any other ones posted here other than the TKO one. Not questioning your theory mate, I'm sincerely curious about these "stupid" formations you mentioned work. Wondering if it's the set-up itself or if the player role combos play part in "making it work". Any examples?

Well England just won their first major tournament in 66 years using my 2 5 3 formation (in my Armstrong 1KC attempt). Not as out there as your 2 2 1 5 TKO formation, but certainly a little crazy! ;)

Not looking to extend this thread, but I guess that's a valid eg of a "stupid" formation...

11 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Well England just won their first major tournament in 66 years using my 2 5 3 formation (in my Armstrong 1KC attempt). Not as out there as your 2 2 1 5 TKO formation, but certainly a little crazy! ;)

Not looking to extend this thread, but I guess that's a valid eg of a "stupid" formation...

I've got a 2-3-1-4 with Chelsea that's seen Hazard and Costa score 60 between them in 30 games. There's definitely something to a 2 at the back this year!

2 hours ago, Meow said:

But at least I'm pretty sure a few roles don't work the way they should, like I've curiously noticed limited defenders playing more offensive than my central defender. 

Now that you mention it, I've also noticed my LDs taking field trips into the midfield with the ball. But I believe that only happens against non-pressing teams. 

I play heavily on the OME and just started using the EME and the point about there being no tactical benefit for the EME over the OME is wrong as the EME is much more realistic in terms of tactics.

13 hours ago, Dec said:

Right everyone calm down and stop being aggressive. It's a game and it is up to Ash if he discloses it. The important people have it so it isn't a wasted venture as it is going to improve the game. Thanks

Who are "the important people" I would love to know, surely we who all buy  the game are just as important if not more so. Just saying 

10 hours ago, scratch99 said:

What's better? A perfectly well-set up formation with terrible players or a disaster of a formation with top level players? I know these extremes make zero sense but it did inspire me to run tests. Both options would not be successful either way in the longrun but I do believe good 2-3 player role combinations can make up for not so great tactical set ups. Testing combos in different formations and circumstances helps to determine how effective certain combos can be, hence my curiosity re odd but working line-ups. It's in the combos more than anything else imo.

Anyway, going off topic here. I think this thread has run its course.

11 hours ago, veerus said:

Now that you mention it, I've also noticed my LDs taking field trips into the midfield with the ball. But I believe that only happens against non-pressing teams.

Well, that shouldn't be happening. I have a wingback, which should be the one driving up from defense. And even if driving up from the centre is a must for whatever reason, why the LD and not CD?

I'm also fairly certain my full backs push as high up as or even higher than my wing backs. The full back seems to run into and impede the space of my winger often. Hence I'm not sure if the winger position is problematic as well or is simply the full back pushing my winger to cut inside.

9 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Who are "the important people" I would love to know, surely we who all buy  the game are just as important if not more so. Just saying 

Sports Interactive so they can fix it. Now stop being arsey and combatative.

On 06/02/2017 at 15:33, Ashez said:

will however likely be posting a formation in the coming days where i will touch upon this issue

Still going to go ahead with this?

59 minutes ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

Still going to go ahead with this?

Tactic will likely still get posted but issue won't be mentioned. Might be a while though as I'll have more urgent things to post this week, tactical threads are pretty low on my priorities list compared to careers. 

As I said the more I looked into it the issue escalated. When this thread was posted it was just a small theory, by the time I got to sending my "report" and covered everything I thought worth mentioning I realised just how much is potentially impacted by the issue or that simply doesn't work as intended within the game. It's hard to explain without going into it in general. 

@Decor any other staff, can you lock this thread please. It's served it's purpose.