Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbrown172

5 Wing-backs/full-backs Who Deserve An Upgrade

fmm17logo.png.41454e51cdbe7ddcdd553057740372c8.png.85e1450df700ccb06427367e4a0661bb.png

Introduction

The wing-back and full-back position in football is arguably the toughest, with both attacking and defensive attributes needed, and enough stamina to get yourself up and down the pitch. Below, I have listed 5 players who play as a wing back/full back who have impressed so far this season, thus deserving an upgrade in the upcoming update. Enjoy.

1. Marcos Alonso - Chelsea

Screenshot_20170208-195157.thumb.png.1e293ae360847e676c66b9946b6ddb0e.png

Marcos Alonso was quite a surprising signing for Antonio Conte's Chelsea, joining from Fiorentina for £23m. The Spaniard has impressed in the left wing-back position, which was deployed by Conte earlier on in the season. Alonso has already scored 4 goals so far this season for Chelsea, which is the same amount he scored during his 3 year spell at Fiorentina, and assisted 2 times, as he continues to grow under Antonio Conte.

The majority of his stats are fairly low, with only 3 green stats. Based on his perfomances this season, I think he definitely deserves upgrades in his stats, including his crossing and dribbling skills. 

2. Victor Moses - Chelsea

Screenshot_20170208-195301.thumb.png.bdd78ad17291b61ae6d49a91934263c4.png

Like Marcos Alonso, this man has impressed hugely since Antonio Conte switched to a 3-4-3 formation. Prior to this season, Victor Moses had been spent the last 3 seasons on loan at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United, with it looking like he'd spend another season elsewhere. However, he was brought in from the cold by Conte, and placed as a right wing-back for the 2016-2017 season, becoming one of The Blues' most reliable players. Moses has already made the same amount of appearances as he did during his loan spells with Liverpool and Stoke City, and has scored 3 goals so far this season.

Looking at his stats, he already has some fairly high stats, with key stats such as dribbling and pace all in the green. I still think, however, he deserves some stat upgrades, as he has been one of the best players this season in the Premier League.

3. Seamus Coleman - Everton

Screenshot_20170208-195254.thumb.png.5e7cd45515371be5ffbcf4cb4cce1df8.png

I know what you're thinking. "Another player from the Premier League?!". This is the last one, I promise.

Seamus Coleman is probably the biggest bargain in the history of the Premier League, joining Everton from Sligo Rovers for just £60,000. The same price as a 2 bedroom mid-terraced house in Bolton. Since joining, Coleman has got better and better every year, playing nearly every game for Everton every season. So far this season, he's made 21 appearances, scoring on 4 occasions, and assisting 3 times for his team-mates, as he continues to be one of the first names on the team sheet for The Toffees.

I think that he deserves some upgrades to his stats, as they don't really do him much justice. His shooting skills, most notably, certainly need improving, as he's good with long range shots.

4. Mitchell Weiser - Hertha BSC

Screenshot_20170208-200315.thumb.png.8b2c1826a463e0ea5aaa5927e6118319.png

Moving in the Bundesliga now, and to a player who spent 3 years at Bayern Munich, before making a move to the capital back in 2015. Mitchell Weiser had an impressive 2015-2016 season, starring 29 times for Hertha BSC, scoring twice, though it wasn't enough to make the Germany squad for the 2016 European Championships. He's carried his terrific form into the 2016-2017 season, helping Hertha to a good start to the campaign, where they sit just 1 point below a UEFA Champions League place.

The young German is definitely be a regular in the national side, potentially becoming a long-term replacement for Philippe Lahm, who retired immediately after the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Although his stats are fairly high for his age, he still deserves a few upgrades to his stats, including his stamina.

5. Nelson Semedo - SL Benfica

Screenshot_20170208-202235.thumb.png.ff50b449cb8bcbe3dcf60d897b9afd4b.png

Nelson Semedo has been a Benfica player since 2012, where he was bought from the Sport Uniao Sintrense youth academy, where he has slowly been fed through to the first-team, with this season set to be his big breakthrough season. So far this season, Semedo has played 20 times for Benfica, already assisting 5 times. The youngster certainly hasn't gone under the radar, with reports suggesting that he is set for a summer move to Manchester United, with FC Barcelona also said to be interested.

Semedo has a lot of green stats already, but I think he could still do with a few more upgrades, particularly in the stamina department.

Thank you for reading. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Not surprised the two Chelsea players are on here, Alonso is starting to really settle in and while neither are World Class they are both consistent and better than the game rates them. I always prioritise signing a replacement for Moses at the moment.

Rose and Walker definitely deserve upgrades this season, Walker has the  most assists this season for any defender and Rose has must shown time and time that he's arguably the best LB in the League.

16 hours ago, Dec said:

Not surprised the two Chelsea players are on here, Alonso is starting to really settle in and while neither are World Class they are both consistent and better than the game rates them. I always prioritise signing a replacement for Moses at the moment.

I think Alonso's attributes is matched his performance, if his movement and positioning can be increased a little.

Alonso performs well in real life, his mental ability give me more impression than his skill.