Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tips For Managing In Italy

Rjgreeno

Hey guys I am about to start a new career in Italy as Fiorentina and was just wondering if anyone has any tips to share on how to be successful in Italy, like what formations are effective any player roles that work particularly well and the type of players to look for e.g. Strong or technical. Cheers in advance 

I have played a lot in Italy with Livorno.

Perhaps it is only my impression, but I think that the game represents what the Italian school of football is:

Great defending and goalkeeping, strong and technical strikers, all around midfielders ans a lot of deadly BWMs.

It is relatively easy to find a good Italian defender and the goalkeeping school is probably the best in the world.

Good GKs are never a problem in Italy.

So, to succeed I think you need to capitalize on that perspective.

Don't play too attacking, guard your defense well with strong CBs, FBs and GKs and play organized to win in details.

You can try TMs in attack, but with a good technique.

I personally used a 3-5-2 a lot in the lower leages, which I later changed to 4 in the back.

I can't remember the Fiorentina squad now, but I think it is OK for a good start.

Look out for youth coming out of AC Milan, Juve, Inter, Roma, there is bound to be a good prospect here and there that gets misjudged and you can sign him for free or little money. And also Novara and Catania have a good academy I think.

And a few player suggestions that have helped me a lot:

Alessandro Lambrughi, Livorno. This guy has even played an 8 in a CL final vs Barca in his 34th year. Great character as well.

Andrea Malberti, Novara. Excellent RB, develops very nicely.

Filippo Melegoni, Atalanta. Maybe he doesn't look like on when you start, but that's a wonderkid right there.

Stefano Sturaro, Juve. Had a fall out with Allegri and I bought him for 4m. Check if you can grab him.

My 2 cents.

56 minutes ago, tenere1982 said:

I have played a lot in Italy with Livorno.

Perhaps it is only my impression, but I think that the game represents what the Italian school of football is:

Great defending and goalkeeping, strong and technical strikers, all around midfielders ans a lot of deadly BWMs.

It is relatively easy to find a good Italian defender and the goalkeeping school is probably the best in the world.

Good GKs are never a problem in Italy.

So, to succeed I think you need to capitalize on that perspective.

Don't play too attacking, guard your defense well with strong CBs, FBs and GKs and play organized to win in details.

You can try TMs in attack, but with a good technique.

I personally used a 3-5-2 a lot in the lower leages, which I later changed to 4 in the back.

I can't remember the Fiorentina squad now, but I think it is OK for a good start.

Look out for youth coming out of AC Milan, Juve, Inter, Roma, there is bound to be a good prospect here and there that gets misjudged and you can sign him for free or little money. And also Novara and Catania have a good academy I think.

And a few player suggestions that have helped me a lot:

Alessandro Lambrughi, Livorno. This guy has even played an 8 in a CL final vs Barca in his 34th year. Great character as well.

Andrea Malberti, Novara. Excellent RB, develops very nicely.

Filippo Melegoni, Atalanta. Maybe he doesn't look like on when you start, but that's a wonderkid right there.

Stefano Sturaro, Juve. Had a fall out with Allegri and I bought him for 4m. Check if you can grab him.

My 2 cents.

Agree with the amount of youth that'll be coming out they'll be so many 16 year olds with world class PA, mainly keepers and strikers and a couple midfielders with in like the first 2-4 seasons.

Use a quick striker, certainly early on in saves. Most Italian centre backs tend to be rather slow, but obviously this is disregarded as teams turn to regens. Stretching play with wingers should increase the effectiveness of the striker.

In Italy I have had some success with a very physical team (Eight of my first XI have above 12 Tackling, including my CAM). The exceptions are our goalkeeper, left wide midfielder and striker.

Also crucial are mental attributes like Teamwork and Leadership (and latently Professionalism). Everyone has at least 12 Teamwork and I have at least three leaders (Leadership 13 and above) on the pitch every time.

Attackers are something of an enigma, but I personally prefer fast and selfless striker (Andres Chavez from Boca is very fun as a Trequartista).

Attached is my highest rated player, who excelled as a converted winger. 

Screenshot_20170212-123655.png