Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

Season 15

BPD Bazoer is on 220 goals at the moment. Goal: break R.Koeman's record of 253 Gls. We are 34 goals short. Can we do it?

Riechedly Bazoer 34yo

S15two.png

He turned 34 after about 10 games into the season so he's playing the large majority of this campaign as a 34yo. His attributes took a hit but for a 34yo he looks pretty decent to be fair. I've definitelty seen worse BPDs than Bazoer at this stage of the career. How many seasons does he have left in him? Two? Three? hard to tell, but what I do know is that I can't, shouldn't, won't rely on my prediction and for all we know he may decide he wants to retire next season, period, so I need to get the goals and close this challenge ASAP. 34gls, that's what we need, 34!

He is still on an 11ip training regime (pretty intensive) but I may need to tone that down once he struggles to complete 90min or if he starts to need more than the usual 3-4 resting days inbetween games. I don't want to cause any burnout of course but it's equally important to keep those attributes up and somewhat slow down his eventual decline in attr.. It's all in finding that balance for our guy.

Let's start with the best news.. two glorious games..

Glorious Game One

S15three.png

17 goals. My God! Bazoer got one at least. It can't get any better than that, can it? Well. it can :)

Glorious Game Two

S15four.png

20 goals. Crazy :) but love it! Bazoer again with a brace this time. How wonderful!

A few other (not so glorious) games

Spoiler

S15eight.png

S15five.png

S15nine.png

S15seven.png

S15six.png

In terms of goals this hasn't been one of the better seasons for BPD Bazoer, unfortunately, but considering the fact that we're dealing with an ageing defender here I'm not so sure how to judge the amount of goals at this stage of his career. Frankly, I have reached a point where I just take it as it comes. Whatever the predictions and calculations tell me I just make the most of it and try to get Bazoer to score every game as if it were his last.

Bazoer End-Of-Season Form

S15ten.png

Maybe you'll understand what I mean by looking at the above. He's been playing well but goals are hard to come by at times. Sometimes he scores 5 goals in 2-3 games followed by 15-20 games with a handful of assists only. Probably down to his age as the formation and tactics are pretty much untouched and have worked really well for him in the past. It's still a 5-2-2-1 and I'm not swapping it for anything else at this stage of the challenge.

Bazoer Goal History

S15eleven.png

Still a few crucial season(s) left but what a career he's had so far. 933 games. 120+ ITN games. 200+ goals. Surely getting 1000 club games and 250+ goals would be the icing on the cake. I can only hope. As for the challenge, he was on 220 before we started the season. He scored another 13 (11 club goals + 2 ITN goals) which brings us to a total of 233. More than I ever hoped for tbh.

Progress

DefGlsChallenge233.png

This is where he stands. We're exactly 20 goals short of equalling the WR and 21 to break it. He actually did score an amazing 21 goals in a single season a few years back but that was him in his prime with many things going his way. I really don't see that happening which would mean that he'll need at least 2 seasons to complete our goal. 3-4 sounds more likely tho. What we do know is that he will start season 16 as a 35 year-old. How will his attributes look like? Will he stay clear of injuries? Will the deterioration be kind on him? Will his goal return continue to decline? Will he start the season with a retirement notification, and if so will he re-consider to extend his career with an extra year? Questions questions.. I have yet to start a day in season 16 but I can't wait to see how this is going to unfold. Thoughts? Comments? A bit of love for our BPD? All welcome. Thanks for reading!

A great read mate, and 11 is actually a decent total for a player of his age. I'm gonna predict you need 2 seasons to hit the record, but hopefully you can do it sooner! KIU

Decent season for the main man. Hopefully 2 more should be enough to break 253!

I reckon he looks pretty good for a 34yo - I mean, just check out the profile pic, very fresh faced! :O

Thanks for the support guys! Means a lot and gives us that little extra motivation to get the job done. Hope Bazoer and I don't disappoint. Season 16 underway..

Disappoint and variants of that word should never be uttered in this thread! You've already achieved mind boggling feats Bati! 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Disappoint and variants of that word should never be uttered in this thread! You've already achieved mind boggling feats Bati! 

Thanks mate! In that case, we're doing our utmost to not serve our Vibers a cake without that cherry on top ;)

So close now BG! I can see Bazoer lasting another 3 or 4 seasons if he's still playing regularly so that should give you plenty of time to smash Koeman's record. Once that's happened, I don't think anyone is going to get close to beating your/Bazoer's effort.

Strange that you don't get more penalties to bolster up his tally... But 200+ is more than I'd ever given you credit for. I thought you'd crash and burn before 150 :D 

21 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

So close now BG! I can see Bazoer lasting another 3 or 4 seasons if he's still playing regularly so that should give you plenty of time to smash Koeman's record. Once that's happened, I don't think anyone is going to get close to beating your/Bazoer's effort.

Thanks a lot mate, hope your words come true.

11 minutes ago, Jens said:

Strange that you don't get more penalties to bolster up his tally... But 200+ is more than I'd ever given you credit for. I thought you'd crash and burn before 150 :D 

Hehe honestly, my very first estimation was 100-150. As for the penalties, very few indeed this season. Last season and the one before that I was fortunate enough to get somewhere north or south of 8. Think I got half the amount this time. Cheers mate!

Hands down, my favourite career of 2017! I have no doubt whatsoever that he'll last another 2/3 years and hit 260+ what you've achieved so far is nothing to be sniffed at ? It wouldn't surprise me to see other threads with people trying similar things, KIU Bati strong finish now mate

Thanks @Brenty92 very much appreciated and such encouraging words motivates me even more to finish on a high.

Once again the season (16th) has started very slow but I'm hoping he picks it up soon.

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Hopefully some nice easy international friendlies and taca de Portugal games this year!

We desperately need it, mate. We're in November and Bazoer has struggled with injuries and lack of form. A single goal to his name thus far.. :S

I usually find that sitting in a corner and weeping helps, as long as you don't overdo it.

Doctor Jens recommends crying in a corner for 5-10 minutes per day.

Side-effects may include disappearing piemeltjes and growing foefkes. (Google it, you non-dutchies)

3 hours ago, Mollers01 said:

Keep it up @BatiGoal you've come so far. I have faith!

Thanks man.

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I usually find that sitting in a corner and weeping helps, as long as you don't overdo it.

Doctor Jens recommends crying in a corner for 5-10 minutes per day.

Side-effects may include disappearing piemeltjes and growing foefkes. (Google it, you non-dutchies)

:laugh: <~~ you've got your tears right here, need none of those side-effects. lol

Season 16

Hi guys, season 16 is here. It's been by far my worst season ever. Not this career, no, I mean EVER, as in since-I've-been-playing-FMM-or-FMH-kind-of-EVER. Absolutely disastrous in terms of main player and challenge progress. I did say earlier that I was delighted coming this far and scoring 200+ with a defender no matter what happens next, and I am, but having just finished the season with an all-time low goals scored it just feels like a disappointment. Let's just see then how BPD Bazoer fared this campaign..

BPD Bazoer

S15bb.png

Riechedly Bazoer turning 35yo while recovering from injury. Decent greens and attribute numbers for a player his age.

Formation: 5-2-2-1

S15aa.png

No changes here. This is the main formation and main player roles. Sometimes, depending on obvious factors, these are tweaked to suit the players or team.

All Bazoer Goals

Spoiler

S15mm.png

S15cc.png

S15dd.png

S15kk.png

S15ff.png

S15ee.png

We are lucky enough to get a few penalties in otherwise the amount would be even more dramatic. Ah well.. keeping the faith tho. We gotta!

First half of the season wasn't great due to the many minor injuries and lack of form. About 4 injuries each counting only 2-3 weeks but they add up. Worst of all is that these little injuries prevented Bazoer from getting into form and gaining any sort of momentum. Few games in..injury..back in training..game..injury wtf? I've toned down his training regime a bit to accommodate our guy and to match that of a player his age and state, but I think he's just been extremely unlucky. I guess we sometimes just gotta deal with these sort of 'black seasons' as I call it. Now that that's out of the way let's get moving and hoping for a better 2nd half of the season.. we hoped but got more of the same..

Injury..

S15gg.png

..after injury..

S15hh.png

..after injury.

S15ii.png

A total of about 4-5 months out but since it was spread out over the season he just failed to get any sort of consistency to his game.

Bazoer's Form

S15nn.png

He managed to play the last league game of the season in preparation for the European Cup with Holland in the summer. He contributed to the win over rivals Porto with his assist and perhaps gave us some light at the end of the tunnel by ending the season in decent form. He scored twice in the group stages which gives us hope for a better run in season 17.

Bazoer's Goals in S16

S15oo.png

Don't look at it for too long. Just look away if you can't bear it. I understand :'(

The ITN goals at the end of the season gave us a somewhat more pleasant number to work with. It's a mere 6 goals to add to the 233 which gives us now a grand total of 239. Not the # of gls we expected but for the most optimistic in our midst I say: "we're closing in on the big 253". I can't wait to put this terrible season behind me and crack on with season 17. More motivated than ever to put that big fat cherry on top of the cake. Season 17 will start with the remainder of the EC so let's hope we can continue that line we ended with and get those remaining 15 gls in to complete this challenge. Come on Bazoer!!!

Progress

DefGlsChallenge239.png

Seems close..but it feels oh so far after a season like this. Can we get the remaining 15? Not sure how you guys experience it but for me it feels as if the game and the AI managers know I'm aiming for 250+ and they're doing everything they can to stop me. :S

Bazoer now

Spoiler

S15ll.png

This is what BPD Bazoer looks like at this moment. He's just finished season 16 and entering season 17 a few weeks shy of his 36th birthday. He looks OK actually for a man his age and what he's been thru. How is this going to end?

Thanks for reading. Comments, Love, Support welcome as usual. See you in season 17.

Amazing challenge although he didnt made it, it has been very interesting to follow!! I hope you something crazy and similiar next season :)!

Bottled it! Waited till season 16 but as expected the meltdown came at some point :P

Although you still remain in a good position, if he remains injury free you should still be alright.

Grandads certainly making tough work of it this late on! Let's hope he has 1 great season left in the tank to end this journey on a high! Keep plugging away pal you've got this, I have complete faith ??

@AndersJ I'm always in for something crazy. Similar? no thanks :)

@samhardy Thanks for the vote of confidence. Gotta keep that magnifier handy when you're around.

@Brenty92 Would love to see this completed next season. Chances are slim tho, even for an optimist like me.

Cheers guys!

Wow, not a great season, but still fully expect him to break that record. He's looking pretty good for a 35 year old. Keep driving him hard!

Dude, It may not end as you wished but no one and I MEAN NO ONE on here can say that you have disappointed 

Best thread of the year and to have achieved what you have is beyond amazing

Keep up the good work dude and praise to the KING of Football Bazor

@scratch99 thanks mate. I decided to give him a few new teammates, got loads of transfer funds saved up for no reason so might as well splash the cash one last time. Maybe fresh legs will rejuvenate our BPD.

@Taff big thanks mate, hope those kids get to sing Bazoer that song ;)

34 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@scratch99 thanks mate. I decided to give him a few new teammates, got loads of transfer funds saved up for no reason so might as well splash the cash one last time. Maybe fresh legs will rejuvenate our BPD.

@Taff big thanks mate, hope those kids get to sing Bazoer that song ;)

I'll sing it myself if I have too (although I sound like a cat who's eaten a chainsaw)

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Unlucky mate, but we ALL have faith still! All you need is one good season, cone on BG you can do this! 

Thanks biggie for the support!