Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

4 hours ago, canhoto said:

Looks like you will be on track to at least get 200 goals. But if you keep 20+  goals a season you will get up to 250 easily!!  Can't wait for next season to see you beat your record

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

This is really quite fascinating! Keep it up.

Thanks! Had a great pre-season bought a few young guns for the B team for future use, first competitive game of the season comes up -Por. Super Cup- bang ... Bazoer out for half the season, expected back in January.. sucks big time!

22 minutes ago, lm10 said:

you need five more 20 goal seasons and the holland job to complete the challenge

The Holland job seems really far away at the moment as manager Jan Jansen stays on despite terrible results.

As for another 20-goal season. That's far away as well...

Season 9

Pre-season was really good seeing everyone in the squad in their best form and their best greens. The squad is getting older tho and in need of a revamp in a couple of seasons. I'm preparing for that day by getting in 3 youngsters from smaller Portuguese clubs. 3 fine talents which cost me a combined 30M. I've placed them in Benfica's B team for further development and seeing their lovely attribute numbers they're all going to play a major part in the inevitable revamp a few seasons from now. So with the squad, the formation, the tactics, the role assignments, the subs all in place we set out for our first competitive game vs rival FC Porto for the Portuguese Super Cup.

Portuguese Super Taca

RBinjury4m.png

It just wasn't our day. Great pre-season, terrible first performance. Worst of all is seeing Bazoer on a stretcher carried off the pitch straight to the nearest hospital for further check-up...

Bazoer Injury - 4 Months

RBinjuryFourm.png

Had to happen some time. So that's mid-August to mid-December..+ getting back to fitness and back into form means we won't be seeing Bazoer until Jan. 2025. Well.. with Bazoer being out for half the season I'll have to make sure the team is in good form upon his return some time next year and obviously this means setting new goals for season 9...

A Recuperating Bazoer

Spoiler

RB11Aug24.png

To Be Continued...

Unlucky about the injury ?, but 21 goals last season that's amazing I sometimes have trouble getting a decent striker to score 21 goals in a season!!! Best of luck in the future as well!

6 hours ago, Hashan Perera said:

Unlucky about the injury ?, but 21 goals last season that's amazing I sometimes have trouble getting a decent striker to score 21 goals in a season!!! Best of luck in the future as well!

Overall not too many injuries with any of my careers on FMM17 until now. Yeah 21 goals was crazy. Don't see that happening again tbh. Thanks for the support.

3 hours ago, Taff said:

Great going breaking the 20 goal mark mate very impressive and 4 in a game is phenomenal for a BPD

Lightning never strikes twice, does it? :unamused:

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Unlucky on the first injury. Still looking good for well over 200 though :)

Should be able to get there unless there's more of these terrible season starts. At least I got to try a few alternative tatics and give some youngsters a chance to push for a starting spot.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

Just catching up with this and a) fantastic job with that 21 goals season and b) unlucky to get a 4 month injury! Still as you say he was bound to get injured sometime and at that age he'll bounce back no worries. I think you're still onto a good thing here! :)

47 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Just catching up with this and a) fantastic job with that 21 goals season and b) unlucky to get a 4 month injury! Still as you say he was bound to get injured sometime and at that age he'll bounce back no worries. I think you're still onto a good thing here! :)

Thanks mate. He made his return mid December but needed over a month to get back to his best. Dec and Jan was a bit of a rollercoaster in terms of performances but regained form in Feb. He did quite well for the remainder of the season. Update next..

...let's continue with the second part of season 9.

Season 9

BPD Bazoer got injured in August and missed about 20 games of the season. It isn't as much as I initially feared but it took him another 10 games to get back into form. He made his comback mid December but needed 2-3 Dec games and 6-7 Jan games to get back to his old self. He did score a few welcome goals during this period but his performances were pretty bad scoring mostly 5s and 6s. The few goals he scored during this recovery period were penalties only. The penalties are actually what saved us this season as he still managed to score a very respectable 12 goals after his injury, during the 2nd half of the season. Half of those (6) were penalties, the other 6 were free kicks (4), a corner (1) and an open play goal (1). So in all a decent season which saw us add another 12 goals to his previous total of 123. This ups his total tally after 9 seasons to 135. Still a long way to go to reach milestone 1: 200 goals, and milestone 2: 253 goals. We're still in the race for both but it's going to take some effort on our part.

Bazoer Back In Form

Ainj1.png

Best result of the season and Bazoer scores only his 5th goal of the season. A lucky penalty.

Bazoer Shows His Class

Ainj2.png

After a very difficult spell Bazoer finally starts to show his class. A fantastic free kick hits the back of the net hard and February onwards would see him give consistent performances again, with perhaps fewer goals than usual during this period but better teamwork and more assists.

Bazoer Statistics

Ainj7.png

As you see, it wasn't great in terms of goals but he got his ratings up and those 3 goals at the end of the season really saved us from a bad season. We were below 10 goals up till that point so I'm glad we continued our streak of scoring 10+ goals with a defender for the 9th consecutive season. That's a pretty good run that not many worldclass defenders can match.

Bazoer Man of the Match

Ainj3.png

Probably his best performance leading us past Liverpool into the semi's with a goal and an assist. A dry spell followed tho..

Bazoer's 3 Goals That Saved The Season

Ainj4.png

The only goal from a corner, lovely header, that put us deservedly past Estoril to get 3 points.

Ainj5.png

Bazoer's 6th penalty of the season and a 9th Championship title for the lads.

Ainj6.png

Bazoer got his 12th goal but couldn't avoid yet another failed penalty shoot-out. We're in a negative run at the moment re shoot-outs losing 3-4 from the last 5. Our GKs, both first choice and sub, are excellent but we seem to be having too few good penalty-takers in the squad which is costing us extra silverware. A shame and I hate being on the wrong end of these lottery moments so I will see if I can improve on this part of our game come season 10.

+12 Goals

Ainj8.png

Most important is seeing BPD Bazoer back in great form. Good amount of assists too and of course +12 which is a number I can live with. At 28 I'm hoping for 5 top seasons (approx. 70-80 gls) and 2-3 "retirement" seasons (20-30 gls). That's if I manage to get the best out of our friend and we can get that bit of needed luck our way too. If my predictions and calculations are correct and we get another 100 goals adding to that total we come out well above 200 and very close to Koeman's incredible record of 253. Let's hope Bazoer stays fit and maintains his motivation to produce the goods in the seasons to come. On to season 10..

Progress

DefGlsChallenge135.png

Thanks for reading and feel free to drop a few encouraging words for player or manager. Cheers!

38 minutes ago, Taff said:

Unlucky with the injury dude but still 12 goals for a PBD is nothing to be upset about

I'm pretty happy with 12. I'm much more gutted at having no chance at the Holland Job. The guy started the WC qualification with a home loss to Malta (1-2) and an away loss to Austria (1-0)..followed by 0-0 to Poland at home. That's 3 games, 1 point, -2 goal diff. 6p behind #1 and 2 where only the top nation qualifies. It's annoying to see a decade filled with bad results and not getting the sack. He'll only leave when he's retiring. I could've had a fair amount of extra goals for Bazoer. That's the only negative about this career, not being able to give him ITN games/goals during his prime..or at all if that joker Jan Jansen remains in charge.

Great going. Love to see these special ideas being put into practice.

Is Danny Blind this year's Jan Jansen or is that still Guusje Hiddink?

3 hours ago, Taff said:

Unlucky with the injury dude but still 12 goals for a PBD is nothing to be upset about

PBD? I'll have what you're having :laugh:

Reminds me btw that I sometimes forget to set his role back to BPD especially after injuries/suspensions where his subs play as a regular CDs. Cost me a few goals probably.

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Great going. Love to see these special ideas being put into practice.

Is Danny Blind this year's Jan Jansen or is that still Guusje Hiddink?

Thanks Jens. Reminds me of both altho Hiddink still got some credit left for the things he has achieved. The board chose Blind and they're sticking with their guy no matter what, so it somewhat reflects reality, -as if they're playing a waiting game until they can prove the critics wrong- but doubt their unconditional support would last a full decade of mediocre results.

2 minutes ago, Mollers01 said:

Just read this from start to finish - keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouraging words.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

PBD? I'll have what you're having :laugh:

Reminds me btw that I sometimes forget to set his role back to BPD especially after injuries/suspensions where his subs play as a regular CDs. Cost me a few goals probably.

Thanks Jens. Reminds me of both altho Hiddink still got some credit left for the things he has achieved. The board chose Blind and they're sticking with their guy no matter what, so it somewhat reflects reality, -as if they're playing a waiting game until they can prove the critics wrong- but doubt their unconditional support would last a full decade of mediocre results.

HAHA I knew it was wrong when I typed it but couldn't figure out why

No more for taff bartender he's cut off

2 hours ago, Taff said:

HAHA I knew it was wrong when I typed it but couldn't figure out why

No more for taff bartender he's cut off

:laugh::laugh:

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The injury sucked but you still managed to gain an impressive to total! Well played Bati :D 

Thanks mate.

Season 10

Just a little preview into season 10. I've been trying to post an update but the site where I upload my pics has been down so can't tell when you're getting the full season 10 update. In the meantime here's where we're at..

Benfica

Squad

The idea was to do a revamp since that's pretty much my routine playing long careers. I squeeze every possible drop out of the squad for the first 9 seasons and come season 10 I hit the revamp button with the money I've saved up till then. There's only 4 newcomers to the squad, so call it a mini revamp. I may get an additional 2 in January and then the rest next summer. I have 500+M saved up but won't even need half the amount as I'm hunting for bargains that will be a force in a couple of seasons from now. I'm certainly not planning on paying top bucks for anyone, that's no fun and imo a waste of money.

I went fishing in Germany where there's always some nice gems to be found and Dortmund answered the call with a nice attacking midfielder for the flanks. The other players, two quality defenders, left La Liga for the Portuguese league, and are most certainly going to play alongside Bazoer next season or the one after that. They'll start as subs and will play their way into the team eventually. Screenshots later.

Formation

5-2-2-1. No changes here.

Holland

Holland? Yes, Holland. Got the job, FINALLY! Man that was a long wait. After nearly a decade of disastrous results..yes it was bad being ranked 23rd in the world -Spain 24th- and being 2nd from bottom in a group of 6 for the WC qualification the KNVB finally decided to let go of their guy who was one of the very best at doing a terrible job. Positive thing, besides finally getting ITN games and goals for Bazoer, is of course that I still have time to turn things around and qualify for the World Cup to get a few extra games for our BPD. There are 6 games left to be played with 6 points behind the #1 in the group, Austria. I think I can catch them, eventho only a home game against them remains, otherwise we'll end up as #2 and go for the play-offs. However things unfold, I'm delighted to have a crack at this job with Bazoer in his prime at 28yo.

Squad

Not great. Pretty much identical to the currect situation with the Dutch team. Good keepers and midfield and very decent forwards but terrible defenders. Apart from Bazoer of course. But still, things look OK and I'm sure the squad is strong enough to at least qualify for the best in the world. Having a serious go at the beautiful World Cup and compete with the best nations is a different story alltogether. I'll make sure we go to Mexico 2026 with the best Dutchies we can gather and the best formation to get Bazoer a few extra goals for this challenge. After an unlucky season 9 filled with injuries and a slow start to season 10 we're falling further behind the 200-goal schedule. We need to up our game in the seasons to come and the ITN games are a very welcome bonus.

Formation

5-2-2-1 Yes, I'm going to play Benfica style of course, what else did you expect??

Full update will follow..

23 minutes ago, Taff said:

Congrats on FINALLY landing the Holland job dude, that was a long wait 

Time to Show the World that the Dutch are Back

A lot of missed opportunities to increase his goal tally but I guess we need to remain optimistic and say better late than never.

The ITN job is a nice distraction and can't wait to give the wonderful Dutch fans what they've missed out on in the past decade. 

Btw..looking at the current situation in the other WC groups I noticed Gibraltar topping their group 3 games in lol. Some weird things happening in 2025.

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Congrats on the Dutch job! 

I think Ramos is on Vibe and is secretly trying this IRL atm!

:D haha you're right, the guy has become suspiciously prolific since I started this career.

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

:D haha you're right, the guy has become suspiciously prolific since I started this career.

Once all this is done you should take him for a spin :D

Finally the Dutch job!

I have always struggle to repeat the club success with INT success using the same tatic, I have won things but never quite felt it clicked. I guess mainly they are not your players and I tend to find that when you have a squad of 23 at least 5/6 are unhappy for various reasons but you pick them because they are the best around.