Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

16 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Looking good mate! Keep on pushing him until he gets to 254. He should be able to do it, I have confidence in you! :)

Thanks mate. It does look good at the moment. Especially the Holland games are generating welcome goals. I forgot how many games there actually are apart from the qual. stages and major tournaments. We have this dodgy Int. league and I just finished the Confed. Cup where he netted another few extra goals. I'm really surprised how wel it's been going lately. Defenders really do peak at a latter stage in their career it seems than midfielders or forwards.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Still in shock at how well this is going! On the verge of 200 with a CB! Madness! 

Thanks mate. He's on 200+ :) more tonight..

Season 14

There's a lot to get through so let's get started straight away. BPD Bazoer is currently on 199 goals and eyeing Ronald Koeman's WR: 253 Gls

Riechedly Bazoer at the start of Season 14

RBazoer33yo.png

He's 33yo but still owning 10 greens. Still a great player and very much capable of delivering the goods for this challenge.

Transfers

29-30transfers2.png

I had zero intentions of selling any players this season, especially not one of my key starters, but this issue has been going on for the past two seasons with no improvement. I was hoping time would heal all wounds but these two simply can't stand each other, period. Actually, Gonzalez is disliked by nearly half the squad at this point so the only "fix" it seems is selling him. I can't have disruptions in the team or squad so it leaves me no choice. I hate getting rid of one of my top players without really knowing how to solve this issue re "strained relationships" but it's the only option. I won't sell him cheap tho. It's the Jackpot only or I keep him for another year.

Pedro 'The Bully' Gonzalez

Spoiler

29-30transfers4.png

29-30transfers1.png

29-30transfers3.png

Quality defender alongside R.Bazoer but he's gotta go. 130M is reasonable. 80M profit is a great deal in my book!

Perhaps it was because of Gonzalez's departure or perhaps it was because of something else, haven't entirely figured it out yet, but Bazoer had one fantastic season. Formation clicked, Tactics clicked, Squad clicked, Performances clicked.. goal-wise he equaled his best season, which brings him well over 200 goals.

Bazoer's Holland Goals: 6

Spoiler

29-30holland1.png

29-30holland6.png

29-30holland2.png

29-30holland7.png

29-30holland5.png

29-30holland3.png

We used the Confed Cup as our "pre-season" and managed to win all games and bring the "missing" Cup to Holland. Right after that the WC qualifiers started and Bazoer scored an amazing 6 ITN goals. He has really become prolific in his Orange jersey and due to his great performances Holland owns -all- Cups now. Talking about world domination ;)

29-30holland4.png

4 Cups belong to the Mighty Dutch. Can't get any better than this. At the end of this season we have the WC for which we qualified with flying colors winning all 8 games scoring 21 and conceding 0. Surely we're the hot favorites to retain our Cup.

Bazoer's Benfica Goals: 15

Spoiler

29-30slb4.png

29-30slb5.png

29-30slb1.png

29-30slb2.png

29-30slb6.png

29-30slb7.png

29-30slb8.png

29-30slb3.png

29-30slb14.png

29-30slb10.png

29-30slb11.png

29-30slb9.png

29-30slb12.png

29-30slb13.png

15 goals is what he's been averaging throughout his career, but doing it as a 33yo + scoring an additional 6 ITN goals is pretty good. That makes 21 goals for the season. I'm thrilled with this, couldn't have asked for more from our guy. I've been very careful not to overtrain or overplay him and give him as much time on the pitch as possible and it worked wonders. He leaps past 200 gls.

Bazoer's Player History

RBazoer21goals.png

A massive 62 games helped him achieve 21 goals. He is now on 199+21=220. He's only 33 goals shy of Ronald Koeman's incredible record but starting season 15 BPD Bazoer will be 34yo and from experience I know that attributes start to decline rapidly at this point. Having had a quick look at our guy he's no longer carrying those 10 greens with him he had at the start of the season...it actually dropped to 6 mid-season but with careful tweaking of his training regime it bumped up to 8. But it's a fine line keeping him strong and fit enough for the 60+ gruelling games but I think I've found the right balance for RB. He's had no injuries and he's still capable of competing on the highest level. If next season is kind on his greens and form I'm extremely hopeful we can come close to the big 253.

Bazoer Ageing Well

RBazoerDyears.png

Defying the years. Let's hope he continues to do so well past 35yo so we stand a solid chance to beat that ultimate record.

Bazoer's Form

RBazoerGform.png

This was arguably his best period. Doesn't look spectacular maybe but for a defender it is. It would've looked even better if his ITN goals were shown in this graph too.

The season ended with the start of the 2030 World Cup where we're aiming to retain our title. Bazoer had scored 21 goals at this point equaling his best seasonal total in all competitions set a few seasons back. So he had a great opportunity to better his personal best with 3 WC group games ahead in July. Unfortunately he scored in none of these 3 games but we did qualify with ease to the knock-out stages which will start in season 15. So any goals scored, if any, in the remainder of the WC will count for next season. Let's hope he keeps and brings his momentum into season 15. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

2030 World Cup

Spoiler

29-30WC5.png

29-30WC2.png

29-30WC1.png

29-30WC4.png

29-30WC3.png

Holland is nowhere near the level of Benfica of course where Bazoer is surrounded by much better players but the Dutch team has grown a lot and is now capable of winning matches with much more ease. Again nothing conceded..that's now Confed Cup final (Holland 1-0 Argentina) 8 Qual. + 3 group games, 12 ITN games, without conceding. That's an impressive Dutch Wall that anyone has yet to break. Bring on the knock-out stages.

Progress

DefGlsChallenge220.png

Do you think a 34yo BPD Bazoer is going to make / break that W.Record? Love, Support, Comments welcome. Thanks!

21 goals for a 33 year old CD is beyond amazing dude

A huge congrats on this career it's been one of the highlights of the forum this year (along with the Challenge cup, Ashez h2h's and @scratch99 1K)

KIU mate and I'm sure that W/R will be yours

"And the children of Holland sang a song, and praise be him that scored 254 goals from the defence all hail king Bazor the king of football"

Thanks @Taff for the kind words. It may not seem like a long road still but it is.. 2 great or 3 decent seasons should do it but he's starting to age and with being generally more injury prone at this point there's still plenty of obstacles to overcome. I'm delighted getting 200+ but hearing those kids sing for us would be the icing on the cake. :)

Thanks @Granit Xhaxa Gonzalez got injured during the bidding process so I was fearing he'd fail the medical, then again, don't quite remember that ever happening when selling players. The pic shows him at 35% btw, his attributes are actually a bit higher at 100%. But I had a couple quality youngsters lined up already tho as I knew this day was inevitable.

Don't wait too long with dropping a league down, finding an easier league like the Dutch, where he can spend his last days.

@Jens Only got Portugal loaded for this one as I never intended to move clubs. Also, don't think any Dutch team can afford him until 2 seasons from now and it's probably still doubtful whether he'd want to move to a smaller team coming off a team that's won every available cup.

I think the Portuguese league is perfect for him and I'll keep him till he retires.

This really is sensational stuff Bati. The consistency of him is superb! No doubt in my mind that you'll soon be making a new world record! 

Thanks @Ashez enjoying your challenge tremendously. Before I start season 15 I still have the remainder of the World Cup 2030 to post. Portugal, that consist of the majority of Benfica players, are by far the strongest team at the WC right now and they're the one I need to avoid at all cost. However,.. it is Portugal vs Holland and it's going to be an epic encounter you don't want to miss. Trust me.

More later..

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 20:52, BatiGoal said:ever, before you decide on doing this one too why don't you have a look in the archives. There's lots of great and forgotten challenges out there which will be much more fun to follow. Some of them are buried away and can't be tagged so I'll see if I have time to repost some of them in the coming weeks.

And where can i find this Archive??

8 hours ago, Nick11 said:

And where can i find this Archive??

In the old forums. FMH 2015 and older. Posts/challenges aren't tagged meaning they're all over the place, so it takes a bit of digging.

On 4/6/2017 at 06:50, Fish18ish said:

I hate to say this but I can see Bazoer just finishing a few goals short of 254. I hope I'm wrong though.

His attributes took a big hit this season (15th).. and he's only weeks away from his 34th BD in Oct. That's another additional hit.. and he's yet to net one in for his club. Not looking good at all.

Season 15

World Cup 2030

Season 14 ended with the WC 2030 group stages which we cruised thru with terrible ease scoring 9 and conceding zip. We're in my book favorites to retain the WC title but so are Portugal. Portugal consist of the majority of Benfica players (in case you forgot, the club I'm managing to get Bazoer the 250+ goals) and they're really worldclass. It was perhaps my mistake not to have included more Dutchies into my team (as Ashez rightly pointed out - that Golden Rule) which would've benefitted the Holland squad and ultimately Bazoer and his ongoing quest for goals. But I think I have the tactical advantage over Portugal and the Dutch team have become pretty strong as well with a very solid backline that have kept 13 clean sheets in a row (incl. the knock out game vs Mexico) and last but not least WE are the ones holding all 4 Cups - World Cup, European Cup, Confed Cup, Int. League Cup - so perhaps THEY are the ones that should fear us :) I'm not going to deny it.. I was hoping to avoid them but then again, this is football and you should always want to test yourself and your team against the very best. And so it happened..after defeating Mexico in the knock out stages and England in the Q-finals, it was that inevitable epic encounter we dreaded and hoped for at the same time.. only regret was it not being the perfect stage, the WC final.

Holland - Mexico

Spoiler

WCa.png

Solid win.. up to the next game..

England - Holland

Spoiler

WCb.png

How's that for a wake up call. Twice they had the chance to finish it off but luck was definitely on my side. England came out stronger than I expected and we nearly paid the price. They equalized in the 87th minutes to force ET as I was preparing to take a screenshot of our, then, 1-2 win. Glad we held on and came out on top at the shoot-out, we've lost more of these than we've won so I try to avoid them if possible.

Portugal - Holland

WCc.png

It had to happen so let's do it then.

World Cup Semi-Final: Portugal Vs Holland - Match Report

Spoiler

Formation ready.. Players ready.. Tactics ready.. Let's start the match..

WCd.png

A bit nervous to be honest..

WCe.png

Oh man.. what a terrible start. I told my players to watch Alves and Oliveira but they slipped thru our defence like a sharp knife thru butter.. our Dutch Dam that has withstood 13 previous storms is demolished within 2min.. Ouch!!

WCff.png

A few chances on both ends but nothing major.. we're running out of time.. we need to create something in the next 45min..

WCgg.png

There we go!!! Bazoer with his 20th goal and his 221st for the challenge. Fantastic free kick from Riechedly. YES! 1-1.

WCh.png

De Guzman with a fine corner and there's Bazoer.. Bazoer heads the ball but it goes just wide!! that was close.

WCii.png

So we end 90min and it remains all square. Holland with the better chances but Portugal remain dangerous with long shots and their speed via the flanks. We need to be aware of their lightning fast counter attacks. Bazoer leads the defence perfectly tho.

WCj.png

Goal!!! There it is!! Our top striker Langeler with the 1-2 and Holland are a big step closer to the WC final. A fantastic shot after an assist from... what is this??? Seriously???

WCk.png

Give me a break! This is not happening. Linesman has some explaining to do and is surrounded by half the Dutch team. I'm screaming from the sidelines but ref has made his decision and we have to move on.. sadly..

WCm.png

ET Half-time. We're running out of steam here. Portugal are piling up the pressure and remain dangerous. They're fitter than us and are dominating the game now. Our confidence is down after the disallowed goal and they have started to believe in a win.

WCn.png

I'm out of sub options. My players are tired but we need to get thru the next 15min. I want to avoid the shoot-out but taking too many risks now could cost us the game. Lost my LB in the previous game vs England so Tete had to cover and is doing a decent enough job. We're all exhausted at this point tho. Come on LADS!!! We're close!!

WCl.png

Bazoer going for another free kick.. Can he give us the win?? Oh that went straight into the GK's hands..Bummer! Looks like it's going to be a shoot-out after all.

WCo.png

Ok, settled. It's penalties. Let's bring this home, boys.

WCp.png

My Benfica striker Ze Gomes hits the first one home for Portugal. He's worldclass, he was never going to miss that.

WCq.png

Bazoer, yes! Well done. You did your part. Now it's up to the rest of the team to follow suit. Good start.

WCr.png

Benfica's Left Winger, Alves, scores! Another worldclass player of mine. He was also never going to miss.. We need to match that..

WCs.png

Ouch!! Holland's top striker misses. Silva went to the left corner and stopped the shot. I'm feeling the pressure now.

WCt.png

Portugal scores!! 3-1. We can't afford any mistakes now. I can't watch the next spot kick, I'm too nervous.

WCu.png

Yes, well done, El Ghazi. He took a deep breath and rammed the ball into the back of the net. Half frustration half anger. 3-2.

WCv.png

Portugal need to miss this one. But it's Oliveira going for the 4-2. And he does so. Those Portuguese players can't miss with the quality they have in their squad. This is looking really bad for us..

WCw.png

There it is..we can't miss this one but it's ironically our best man of the game, Guzman, that misses Holland's 2nd kick. It's done, it's over, we lost. We fought but we lost to a great Portugal side. That's football.

WCx.png

Congrats Portugal. You beat us. Looking forward to our next encounter tho. I hope we get a chance to avenge this painful loss before this challenge is over.

WCy.png

Bazoer picked up one yellow too many and misses out on the 3rd-4th place encounter vs Argentina. Never in the mood for a game like that but it could be a decent consolation prize, especially if Bazoer managed to score an extra goal for this challenge and edge a little closer to Koeman's 253 goals. But no Bazoer in this one.

WCz.png

Just like vs England.. and vs Portugal.. now vs Argentina.. too many shoot-out for my liking. I can't handle this many nerve-wrecking moments. Our players were exhausted from the previous match so we failed to perfect our game dominating and creating chances. Argentina could've sealed the game in 90min but we stood strong and were the luckier ones in the end. Not terrible, we finish in a respectable 3rd place.

WCend.png

And Portugal go all the way. No surprise they beat Spain in the final to become World Champions.

More later..

Again mate, another fantastic match report, absolutely love these!

As for the WC, really unlucky, penalty shootouts are the worst. I'm confident you will avenge the defeat  though, keep it up mate!

Thanks @mcandrew003 I do it mainly for myself tbh these sort of extensive match reports as I don't think the majority quite likes them as much as I do. When reading back on my own challenges weeks/months after completion these career details bring the journey back to life, they're the best part in my opinion.

@Ashez I may get my revenge soon. If we both win our Int. League Cup semi's we'll meet again in the final at the end of the current season: Portugal Vs Holland II

But that's a side gig I'm enjoying atm, as for the challenge itself, we're in Jan mid-season 15 and I sent Bazoer on an obligatory winter holiday to see if he comes back fitter and hungrier. He's had a rather gloomy first half of the season with very few goals :unamused:

Thanks @Thepremiermanager appreciate it, mate! That record is definitely in sight but if it's going down? I wouldn't bet any money on it as goals are becoming scarce and our man Bazoer is getting older. He'll start season 16 as a 35yo.

Season 15 update tonight.